Moving House, Half Way Through 12 Month Extention

I currently live in the catchment are for Kap Cheong and report there. Unfortunately they don't do the 90 day report by post. I live just as close to Korat where they accept a postal 90 day report. My wife has family in Korat. Could I claim to live with them and use the Korat office. If this is possible what would I need to do. I'm not actually moving if you get me drift, just using their address. Thanks

Best do the right thing here and claim the address where you actually live/sleep/eat, now in your case you say you live just a close to Korat(you lucky fella, got a choice of Immigration offices) best bet on your next one year visa go to Korat, my guess they will process you paper work NO problems. if you want to be on the safe side check how far it is from your home to each office, plus get it verify by the Tabon or whoever is suitable. :o:D

Best do the right thing here and claim the address where you actually live/sleep/eat, now in your case you say you live just a close to Korat(you lucky fella, got a choice of Immigration offices) best bet on your next one year visa go to Korat, my guess they will process you paper work NO problems. if you want to be on the safe side check how far it is from your home to each office, plus get it verify by the Tabon or whoever is suitable. :o:D
No I don't have a choice of immigration offices. I have to use Kap Cheong as the village where I live falls into their area. I live slightly closer to Korat than Kap Cheong. Edited by coventry

You have to report to the office for the area that covers where you live and extend your stay. Expect they will be checking that.
Not being awkward Lopburi3, but how do they check ? Okay if immigration goes to my wife's family's address and ask if I live there, and they say "yes", how can they disprove it ? Edited by coventry

When you next extend I expect they will check your receipt for 90 day reporting. They may also start checking extension/reports in-office. Then they might not - but the rule is still report to the location you home falls under. Too claim two homes I expect would not be well received - especially if on a marriage extension of stay where they may make checks.

Edited by lopburi3

When you next extend I expect they will check your receipt for 90 day reporting.
That is what I'm asking, in that, can I start doing my 90 day report by post to Korat without informing them I've moved locations from the Kap Cheong area ? For instance, I fill out my TM47, put on the new Korat address. The slip is returned to that address. In 6 months time I go to Korat to renew my extention, the TM47 receipt is proof that I've reported to them, as per the rules. Are they likely to refuse my next extension because I haven't done something correct?

There has been no mention of reporting the change of address here. I believe this needs to be filed at the proper Immigration office within 24 hours of said move? If not a fine can be levied.

I have a Brit friend that built a new house and then moved from Pattaya to Banchang and when he went to do his 90 day at the Maptaput office they nailed him for not reporting the move and he paid a fine.

There has been no mention of reporting the change of address here. I believe this needs to be filed at the proper Immigration office within 24 hours of said move? If not a fine can be levied.

I have a Brit friend that built a new house and then moved from Pattaya to Banchang and when he went to do his 90 day at the Maptaput office they nailed him for not reporting the move and he paid a fine.

It is a legal requirement to report change of address within 24 hours. Most Immigration Offices do not enforce it and will probably not know what it is and file your form in the bin. TM 28 Form.