Non Immigrant O Visa Through Nephew?

I really want to stay a while in Thailand and asked myself which way could be the best.

And then came the idea: I could get a Non Immigrant O Visa through my nephew.

First of all, I am not sure if it is working or not. This is why I am posting it here and ask you guys how the chances are :o

My nephew is half thai and has a thai passport. He and his mother was living outside of thailand with my brother.

as they want to go back to Thailand I was thinking to get a Non Immigrant O Visa through my nephew or is it just possible for mother/father/son/daughter?

If it is possible through that way, do I have to go the regular way like copy of birth certification that shows my nephew is a Thai citizen and so on?

Just want to give it a try and see if it works :D

My daughters and wife are all Thai citizens and unless I have a bank account with the required amount of money to stay or full time legal employment with a work permit (which is what I have) I would have to leave. So, I would guess the answer to your question would be no.

You will not get extensions from Immigration to visit a Nephew.

However it may be possible to get a Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa to visit freinds and family. This would mean a border run every 90 days and can be stretched out to a stay of 15 months.

There have been reports that Stuttgart may issue. Try ringing them or Hamburg. http://www.thaiembassy.de/Address.htm

Failing this the Consulate in Hull UK will issue. There have been reports by members living in Europe of doing this by mail. Contact them http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/

You will not get extensions from Immigration to visit a Nephew.

However it may be possible to get a Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa to visit freinds and family. This would mean a border run every 90 days and can be stretched out to a stay of 15 months.

There have been reports that Stuttgart may issue. Try ringing them or Hamburg. http://www.thaiembassy.de/Address.htm

Failing this the Consulate in Hull UK will issue. There have been reports by members living in Europe of doing this by mail. Contact them http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/

so it is possible to get a non imm O multi entry visa trough my nephew, right? the 90 days run do not matter. if it´s just once every 3 months i don´t see a problem.

but there is no 180 days per year limitation or something like that, right?

And how do I have tohandle that? Just get the Non Imm O Visa form from one of the consulate websites, fill it out, give them my passport and a picture, pay the fee and wait till they gonna give me the stamps?

Or do they want me to write down an explanation about the situation why I want/need to get the non imm O Visa trough my nephew?

Do they also or still want to see a minimum ammount on my bank acc to give me the visa? if yes, it is Bht 400.000, correct?

Two posters have said no and you want to make it yes. The answer is no - unless you apply at a consulate that allows "friends" type issue (which are few and far between). As you have not indicated where your are or what passport you have that is about all we can advise.

Two posters have said no and you want to make it yes. The answer is no - unless you apply at a consulate that allows "friends" type issue (which are few and far between). As you have not indicated where your are or what passport you have that is about all we can advise.

i understood from the reply of Lite Beer, that I can´t get an extension for it, but I could get a non imm o visa in a consulate that says it is ok for friends and familiy reasons.

so i thought he ment i could get it in my case, but just no extension of my current visa status or an extension of the lenght.

am i still wrong? was the interpretation not right? :o

cause if some consulates say visiting a friend would be ok to get a non imm o visa, i don´t get it if i wouldn´t get one if it is because of my nephew...

Why do so many people post here without stating their nationality or country of residence? They could get answers specific to them!

EDIT amazing! he's replied to Lopburi, but STILL hasn't stated his nationality.

OP where do you live now, what is your nationality?

Edited by loong

Why do so many people post here without stating their nationality or country of residence? They could get answers specific to them!

EDIT amazing! he's replied to Lopburi, but STILL hasn't stated his nationality.

OP where do you live now, what is your nationality?

For the same reason that they don't know the difference between a visa and an extension of stay, visa on arrival and a visa exempt entry, and a child (family member) and a nephew.

yes, sorry it was very late when posting this topic. i thought i wrote down where I am from.

but anyways: I am from germany. sorry for the inconvenience....

yes, the whole visa-stuff is a little bit new for me. I was in thailand with a regular VoA everytime, so i am not into that whole visa stories that much.

hope you can help a newbie ou :o

Edited by atelko

He is in Germany. Yes. It would help if posters gave full information.

You must be physchic, how do you know that? I'm sure that he didn't say.

Moderators have access to additional information. :o