State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

i do hope that Thaksin does not get back into power for the sake of my british friends, anyone catch his threat when they revoked his passport and forced him to resign his football club?

i think it went something like this:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers''

ok i admit that was Ezekiel 25:17 and thakisin could not quote it if his life depended on it but you get the ghist of it

he certainly threatened serious retribution for his treatment by the british government.

god only knows how difficult it will be for you boys to get a visa then.......

It was only a matter of time before someone brought the Bible into it. :o

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reimar

Soldiers secure six major intersections in Bangkok

At 5:45 pm Sunday, soldiers secured six major intersections in Bangkok.

The intersections are Uthong Nai, Rajthevi, Pratunam, Phayathai, Saowanee and Saphan Siew.

PM's office Minister Satit Wongnongtaey also went to work at the traffic command centre and changed its name to the state of emergency centre at 8 pm.

The Nation

Nation Channel just more or less confirmed what a poster here said earlier, namely that Thaksin is rumoured to be on Koh Chang and they named a resort.

W

What was the name of the resort? I've lived on Koh Chang for 6 years and am here right now. Haven't heard anything about Taksin being on the island.

But it's common knowledge an immediate family member owns the Aiyapura resort (5 star) at Klong Son on the north end...

LH & Rainman

Do you really want to see ee-Chalerm as PM? That scummy piece of shit and its inbred mutants (and yes, I am talking about its family too!)?

Go for it, then!!

(No it's not a typo. I will always refer to ee-Chalerm as 'it'.)

If you didn't got it yet....At the moment Thaksin tries to stage a coup.

You won't see ee-chalerm, you will see worse, you will see his squareness Thaksin (titel not sure, PM, President, dear leader, Dalai Lama of Thailand?)

i do hope that Thaksin does not get back into power for the sake of my british friends, anyone catch his threat when they revoked his passport and forced him to resign his football club?

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers''

ok i admit that was Ezekiel 25:17 and thakisin could not quote it if his life depended on it but you get the ghist of it

he certainly threatened serious retribution for his treatment by the british government.

"Pulp Fiction" correct....do I get a cookie or something?

Never seen me mention him either. Why do these people bring up someone who has said he does not want to do it?

See you in the morning.

:o Charlerm has said he doesn't want to be PM? That is a complete fabrication. In fact, he's said several times that he wants it. He is the defacto party leader, and if PTP were to regain power, he would be in line to be the PM.

Guest Reimar

FLASH NEWS: Public Health Ministry Sets up Emergency Medical Units for Possible Casualties

UPDATE : 12 April 2009

The Public Health ministry has set up special emergency medical units in Bangkok and its vicinity to prepare for possible casualties sustained from authorities planned crackdown on the anti-government red-shirt protesters.

The emergency units are capable of responding to any emergency situation within 10-20 minutes. For Bangkok various hospitals will accommodate patients from the emergency units including Rajavithi Hospital, Lertsin and Nopparat Rajathanee.

Hospitals in nearby provinces have been ordered to prepare for emergency medical assistance. These include Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkram and Samut Sakorn.

It all boils down to who presently has the power. Whose side are the BPP and Elite troops on? Will the other toops attack the attacking troops?

The normal thing to happen is that every party sends out their people, to ensure the other does not make the first move.

This is why so many "army divisions" are now out on the streets.

Why do you think nearly all countries have 1 Army, but Thailand has many Armies ?

Don't tell me you didn't know Thailand has more than just one single united Army........................

The power could swing tonight, everything is in the balance.

So if your dear leader does orchestrate a coup - this is what you are saying here could happen, right? - then how is that different from the other coup? And how is mob rule -which is what is going on now- democratic? This is not about democracy- its about a meglomaniacs grab for power.

It all boils down to who presently has the power. Whose side are the BPP and Elite troops on? Will the other toops attack the attacking troops?

The normal thing to happen is that every party sends out their people, to ensure the other does not make the first move.

This is why so many "army divisions" are now out on the streets.

Why do you think nearly all countries have 1 Army, but Thailand has many Armies ?

Don't tell me you didn't know Thailand has more than just one single united Army........................

The power could swing tonight, everything is in the balance.

Come on, to play your own game, don't tell me you don't know who is really in charge of the BPP and the elite troops stationed at Kaeng Krachang? Many armies, traditionally one master. Thaksin may have bought a few generals, but will the conscripts put up a decent fight against the properly trained troops? Will they even have the will to fight when they see what battalions they will be facing? Not just because of fear of being beaten, but because they too know "who's side" the BPP are on. And do you really think the average Thai is going to take the side of the Republic of Thaksinland army?

We're also forgetting foreign influence should a civil war take place, which I personally don't think will happen for the reasons stated. Under its current regime, Thailand remains a valuable ally to the west. Look at your Vietnam war history to see who it was that was instrumental in installing the current regime.

LH & Rainman

Do you really want to see ee-Chalerm as PM? That scummy piece of shit and its inbred mutants (and yes, I am talking about its family too!)?

Go for it, then!!

You won't see ee-chalerm, you will see worse, you will see his squareness Thaksin (titel not sure, PM, President, dear leader, Dalai Lama of Thailand?)

Yup, you got it right. Great Samuel L. Jackson moment. One of the best films of all time.

LH & Rainman

Go for it, then!!

yes you do, an oreo is on its way....

Ok, i didn't see the words "Kill him" used by red leaders.

Was it "get him", "catch him"? I don't remember, it was on Nation's breaking news.

As if it makes any difference - it's treason either way.

And for anyone who's seen reds attacking his car and the dirver - "kill him" sounds like a proper description of their intentions. It was a lynch mob, no two ways to look at it, and you don't deal with it by holding elections - there must be respect for the law first and reds publicly abandoned it today. In fact I remember Nattawut reportedly telling them that they don't recognise the law in this coutrny anymore.

Thats better.

Its very wrong to accuse the Reds of saying they will kill him when they did no such thing.

They knew the car was empty, its said they smashed it up to retaliate against the force used on them.

So as they knew he was not in the car, how can there be any intent to "harm" someone who was not in it?

As one of the more rational, level headed (no pun intended) and unbiased contributors to this Forum, I am sure you are correct.

But just for posterity, can you please confirm this by posting your reliable source for this inside knowledge :o

Nation Channel just more or less confirmed what a poster here said earlier, namely that Thaksin is rumoured to be on Koh Chang and they named a resort.

W

What was the name of the resort? I've lived on Koh Chang for 6 years and am here right now. Haven't heard anything about Taksin being on the island.

But it's common knowledge an immediate family member owns the Aiyapura resort (5 star) at Klong Son on the north end...

Nation Channel mentioned it just once ... I really can't think of the name anymore. They did say it was a rumour though, nothing confirmed.

W

CNN reports red shirts beat a police officer

Protesters climbed atop two military armored cars after laying down on the road and blocking its path. A police officer was also led away by demonstrators and later beaten, said Sathit Wongnongtoey, an official in the prime minister's office.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/1...ests/index.html

If Abhisit opens fire on civilians, he's gone. He's gone anyways, just faster that way.

I don't think he will order shootings with real bullets. Rubber bullets maybe. But the government is forced into it by a couple of thugs. If you play with fire do not be surprised if you get burned ...

W

Ok, i didn't see the words "Kill him" used by red leaders.

Was it "get him", "catch him"? I don't remember, it was on Nation's breaking news.

As if it makes any difference - it's treason either way.

And for anyone who's seen reds attacking his car and the dirver - "kill him" sounds like a proper description of their intentions. It was a lynch mob, no two ways to look at it, and you don't deal with it by holding elections - there must be respect for the law first and reds publicly abandoned it today. In fact I remember Nattawut reportedly telling them that they don't recognise the law in this coutrny anymore.

Thats better.

Its very wrong to accuse the Reds of saying they will kill him when they did no such thing.

They knew the car was empty, its said they smashed it up to retaliate against the force used on them.

So as they knew he was not in the car, how can there be any intent to "harm" someone who was not in it?

As one of the more rational, level headed (no pun intended) and unbiased contributors to this Forum, I am sure you are correct.

But just for posterity, can you please confirm this by posting your reliable source for this inside knowledge :o

perhaps LH can explain how the 'empty' car drove itself carefully through the crowd whilst it was under attack by drug fuelled thugs

CNN reports red shirts beat a police officer
Protesters climbed atop two military armored cars after laying down on the road and blocking its path. A police officer was also led away by demonstrators and later beaten, said Sathit Wongnongtoey, an official in the prime minister's office.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/1...ests/index.html

That can't be right. Rainman said they were peaceful!

If Abhisit opens fire on civilians, he's gone. He's gone anyways, just faster that way.

LOL civilians...................... You mean the armed terrorist walking up and down the streets disrupting traffic, making public <arrest>. What was it you liked to repeat over and over when the Pad was doing what the red shirts are now??????

Oh thats right, it was those mindless monkeys deserve to die. Interesting how your views change now........................... Thanks for the laughs

Funny. From your pic, your wife does not look like an Isaan person.

Is she? Isn't she? If she was, would she still be Thai? If she wasn't, why differentiate between Isaan and Thai?

Your mentality demonstrates exactly why Thailand is in the situation it is in right now. Racial divide.

Putting the poor Isaan people that are the foundation of Thailand 10 steps lower than the high class and elite in Bangkok.

And on top, many of the red shirts are from Bangkok, not from Isaan.

But, aren't you ashamed of being a racist? I'll tell you: Shame on you.

Edited by rainman

Another confused poster? What happened to all your "Abhisit is a puppet" comments? How can he decide to fire on civilians? If he tells the army to fire, and they do, then he's not a puppet, so all you detractors can go home, problem solved. If the army are really in charge, which is true for any PM, even Thaksin, they will fire when ready. By the way, with the state of ermergency called, it should now be clear to all that anyone in a red shirt and waving a foot, rock, stick or bottle about in the presence of a soldier in Bangkok is no longer a "civilian" but a revolutionary. Apparently, Thaksin has said so, so it must be true. Fire at will boys.

Edited by ballpoint