How Much Is Needed For Single Male?

billyboy

Just ignore Pvt Dickwad, he's a fekin eejiot! :o

The safest way for any first timer to go to Thailand is with an ATM card and a credit card for emergencies. When two mates from Singapore came up for their first time they brought up a grand Sing dollars for 5 nights, and of course never bothered to budget in the 500 baht departure tax. We got a call from the airport, no way were they gonna be allowed to leave, and their ATM cards had no overseas access!! We had to deposit the 1000 baht into the bank in the ground floor of our office building, into the immigration bank account, before they were allowed to leave, almost missing their flight..

I would tell him take a grand, take his ATM card, make sure its got the cirrus system on it, and take a credit card if he has one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Thailand many times,but one question recently from a friend stumped me,he asked me how much money he would need to go to Pattaya for 7 days.Now he s a single beer drinker sex crazed male of 25.

I guess now im older i dont drink but i mainly go to theatres etc.

How much would he need in baht for 7 nights?

He has to pay 1200 to 1500 baht for taxis to and from airport etc,i told him about $800 aussie dollars,about 24000 baht but now im kicking myself cause i think he would spend more.Do u single guys spend more than 30000 baht in 7 nights,he s going to be there on a mon night to mon morning ,7 days.

He s been asking about girlie bars etc,and im thinking he could spend more.

How much average for 7 days. i need to tell him roughly how much.

he s paid his airfare,its only spending money,he was a little nervous of not taking much,but now he s happy i said 800 dollars aussie about 24000 b,but i suppose i should of doubled that? any comments how much you would spend over 7 nights?

Two visa's,one master card and/or an American Express :o

My wife and I have been known to blow 10k a night in PTY, granted they are big nights but I would not go with anything less as that was with my wife, if I was single man I am not sure what I would do.

I once spent 2000 AUD in a karaoke in Korea in one sitting, so I might be at the extreme end of the scale.

14k is my record for one night. I don't remember much about it, but I think it was a good time. icon8.gif

What is the big deal? when you leave Thailand you dont have to leave your money there. Believe it or not you can take any unspent money home with you! :D

Never worked for me... :o

i reckon about 5k baht a day

drinks,gogos,girls,bell ringing etc etc

dpends on how much a novice he is!!

My wife and I have been known to blow 10k a night in PTY, granted they are big nights but I would not go with anything less as that was with my wife, if I was single man I am not sure what I would do.

I once spent 2000 AUD in a karaoke in Korea in one sitting, so I might be at the extreme end of the scale.

14k is my record for one night. I don't remember much about it, but I think it was a good time. icon8.gif

What is the big deal? when you leave Thailand you dont have to leave your money there. Believe it or not you can take any unspent money home with you! :D

Never worked for me... :o

now if hes a neophyte...

drinks,more drinks,more bell ringing,cellphone for new tilac,new shirts for tilac ,drinks for tilacs friends phone sims to keep eye on her, make it 15k-20k a day...

Thank buddha for atms!!

Pleas advise your friend not to bring wads of cash to Pattaya, unless he wants to get mugged that is.

Hotel safety deposit boxes are not to be trusted there - neither is putting the money under the bed. Even in-room safes are to be treated with suspicion.

Ladyboys hang around walking street (where I presume he'll be spending lost of time drunk by your description) and he's their dream target for a beating & mugging.

Tell him to bring some cash & an ATM card with a Visa logo - he does have a bank account, right ?

PVT Dick, all very well to say don't come, spare us another sex tourist and all that, but I bet the thais he spends money with over his holiday will disagree with you.

Yeah, I agree, if PVT Dick is so much against sex tourism maybe he should go back to whence he came and allow the Thai people to run their country the way they obviously want it run, in peace.

Edited by fisherd3

PVT Dick, all very well to say don't come, spare us another sex tourist and all that, but I bet the thais he spends money with over his holiday will disagree with you.

Yeah, I agree, if PVT Dick is so much against sex tourism maybe he should go back to whence he came and allow the Thai people to run their country the way they obviously want it run, in peace.

Are you Purrachai's brother by any chance PVT <deleted>

Cut PvtDick a little slack eh? He's got a right to an opinion.

For guys who don't think they're doing anything wrong, the sex tourists and their apologists sure do get sensitive about any criticism.  :o

chill out

cv

Perhaps interpreting PVTdicks remarks as a criticism of sex tourists or their apologists is a nice and easy misplaced judgement (deliberate or otherwise), they seem to me to be a criticism of the host nation and it's policies that PVTdick probably has various other empathies with which brings with it only one sentiment 'Hypocrisy'.

As you rightly imply sex tourists and their apologists are neither here nor there.

For guys who don't think they're doing anything wrong, the sex tourists and their apologists sure do get sensitive about any criticism.  :o

chill out

cv

No, I'm not going cut him any slack at all.

Look even if you don't come here as a Sex Tourist, the moment you start to enjoy the advantages of what 'that' industry brings to people like him and me, both of us working here, then its pure hypocrisy to carp on about that industry. For example, any bar I go to has 'working girls', therefore, even if I don't take a girl or think its right to do so, I am a hypocrite for going into that bar. Without 'working girls' most of the bars that Expats use have working girls.

Can't stand these hypocrites!

With my 10.000 baht á day I couldn´t afford to spend money on girls.

Me need money tooo much! :D

What about banana boat riding, jet-skiing etc. all this costs money.Some trips to islands.

Now that I´ve settled down and experienced all that , :o it´s a lot cheaper on holiday.

chill out

cv

Excuse me ,but the way he talks is if anyone goes with a girl in Thailand they're a sex tourist.Ever thought they're normal people who work hard 48 weeks of the year and like a little fun the other four :D

Lampard10;

you know who I am, I am just not coming back to your business until about July,

:o

But

you say

people who work hard 48 weeks of the year and like a little fun the other four

Umm, I have never seen you away from your business (No-2 Breakfast Please and a No-1 for the wife and baby). :D

Are you saving all the 4 weeks up for a "Big one" ???

Matt :D

Maybe you can come down to the jungle in one of these weeks :D

Ever thought they're normal people who work hard 48 weeks of the year and like a little fun the other four :o

And that little bit of fun involves flying thousands of miles to exploit another persons financial vunerability for the purposes of sexual gratification. What great guys they are eh?

PVT Dick is right, just tell your mate to stay away..

He should be arrested and flogged at the airport.................I would happily donate the whip. I have a spare one. :D

Ever thought they're normal people who work hard 48 weeks of the year and like a little fun the other four :D

And that little bit of fun involves flying thousands of miles to exploit another persons financial vunerability for the purposes of sexual gratification. What great guys they are eh?

PVT Dick is right, just tell your mate to stay away..

He should be arrested and flogged at the airport.................I would happily donate the whip. I have a spare one. :D

Two way exploitation and then you've got it right dear doc!!! Take your whip up to airport and do some flogging at arrivals. Dare say if you value your life you will stay away!!! :o

Two way exploitation and then you've got it right dear doc!!! Take your whip up to airport and do some flogging at arrivals. Dare say if you value your life you will stay away!!!  :o

Strange how the person that exploits another, blames the person he is exploiting for being there.

Totally sick if you ask me.

Any person that exploits another person for the purposes of sexual gratification should be flogged. If it was your daughter being exploited , you may agree with that.

If you are an exploiter yourself, you may disagree with me.

Two way exploitation and then you've got it right dear doc!!! Take your whip up to airport and do some flogging at arrivals. Dare say if you value your life you will stay away!!!  :D

Strange how the person that exploits another, blames the person he is exploiting for being there.

Totally sick if you ask me.

Any person that exploits another person for the purposes of sexual gratification should be flogged. If it was your daughter being exploited , you may agree with that.

If you are an exploiter yourself, you may disagree with me.

Dr. John - we all make choices in life and are therefore accountable, it goes both ways matey. While you are flogging I suspect you will be flogging a large majority of Thai lads too!!! :o

Dr. John - we all make choices in life and are therefore accountable, it goes both ways matey.  While you are flogging I suspect you will be flogging a large majority of Thai lads too!!!  :D

So, cos Thai guys visit poor Thai prostitutes, it is ok for Farangs to fly thousands of miles to exploit the poor?

So cos Columbia has a high murder rate, it is ok for plane loads of Farang to go there and start killing people?

Would it be OK for plane loads of Tourists to visit a city in UK on a Friday night, get drunk and start fighting and glassing people, cos that is what the Brits do for sport?

That is ok is it?

Exploiters should be flogged, simple. Thai and Farang!! :o

Edited by Doctor John

Interesting ....

Well, I have heard many girls lahgh behind their customers' backs either in the bar or Issan......
should be flogged

Totally agree

Som-num-na (serves you right !!!)

I wonder how the father of the young lady in question , sitting at home in Issan, doing nothing, getting the monthly bank transfer from his exploited daughter is going to react to his weekly flogging, by the indignant farang, or whether the farang himself will escape alive!!. Interesting......

I wonder how the father of the young lady in question , sitting at home in Issan, doing nothing, getting the monthly bank transfer from his exploited daughter is going to react to his weekly flogging, by the indignant farang, or whether the farang himself will escape alive!!. Interesting......

If that was the case, would it still justify sex tourism ?

The collection box is on the counter for air fair home for John and Dick.. They obviously hate it here.

Interesting names ones a john the other is a dick?

Sounds pretty apt to me.. Questions for Dick and John - - -

Where did you meet your wife?

Is she Thai? (if so post a picture see if any other TV readers know her)

Was she as wealthy as you when you met?

Do you supporty her or her family?

What is the age difference?

Have you ever bought a beer in a bar where that has working girls?

Ever been in a gogo?

Ever paid a barfine?

Lets see if honesty prevails amongst the all mighty ones..

The collection box is on the counter for air fair home for John and Dick.. They obviously hate it here.

Interesting names ones a john the other is a dick?

Sounds pretty apt to me.. Questions for Dick and John - - -

Where did you meet your wife?

Is she Thai? (if so post a picture see if any other TV readers know her)

Was she as wealthy as you when you met?

Do you supporty her or her family?

What is the age difference?

Have you ever bought a beer in a bar where that has working girls?

Ever been in a gogo?

Ever paid a barfine?

Lets see if honesty prevails amongst the all mighty ones..

Hahaha.....................

Oh how the Sexploiters get all defensive when they feel a post describes them personally.

hahahahaa

If that was the case, would it still justify sex tourism ?

Well at least the 10% involved in 'sex tourism' are getting some relatively decent money maybe you should direct your wrath at the people who are really exploiting the other 90% i.e. the Male Thai general public.

Or is it not the girls you are really concerned about but some western morality trip?

Come to mention it any relationship with 'the night tripper?"

Not defensive at all john.. I am not ashamed of my life here past or present, however I would imagine you have some skeletons in the clossit some where.

I am merely trying to weed out the the ones with double standards.. so have you got the balls to answer the questions honestly? personally I doubt it very much.. your are a typical born again preacher.

All talk little action.. lets see how long you can avoid this one for by side stepping.