Freehold And Leasehold

is there freehold and leasehold in Thailand, as my wife is buying a little house/land,

also how will I know if the neighbours have moved the boundary marks,

will it be on the deeds ?

is there 3 different types of deeds

green Garuda

black Garuda

red Garuda

can anyone explain to me the difference as simply as possible :o

thanks

"is there freehold and leasehold in Thailand"

Yes.

"how will I know if the neighbours have moved the boundary marks"

Have the property surveyed.

"will it be on the deeds?"

Yes.

"is there 3 different types of deeds: green Garuda, black Garuda, red Garuda can anyone explain to me the difference as simply as possible"

There are many types of deeds but, as far as I know, they have nothing to do with the color of the Garuda.

Why are you involved? Are you paying for this home? If "no": your wife is Thai, and she's dealing in the Thai language with Thai people. Let her speak with the appropriate people, whether it's an attorney or an amphur official. If the answer is "yes": you need to speak with someone that has been around the real estate block. I'd suggest Sunbelt Asia, or an appropriate real estate company.

is there freehold and leasehold in Thailand, as my wife is buying a little house/land,

also how will I know if the neighbours have moved the boundary marks,

will it be on the deeds ?

is there 3 different types of deeds

green Garuda

black Garuda

red Garuda

can anyone explain to me the difference as simply as possible :o

You don't seem to have much idea about land ownership in Thailand, and hhgz made a rather terse reply. I'll try to expand to the best of my knowledge..

I'm sure if your wife is Thai then she will be buying freehold. Leasehold for private homes is a legal device for non-Thais to have up to 30 years use of the land as foreigners cannot own land in Thailand.

Before buying land, have the local land office survey the land (it's not free) and check the land matches the boundary posts and area on the land deed title.

No sure what you mean by 'Garuda'. Do you mean the sort of eagle symbol top centre of the land title paper. These do have different colours. Red is the best possible land paper = Chanote. Green is next paper down = Nor Sor Sam Gor. There are other colours after that but I personally would not touch that sort of land as it's not necessary a binding deed title, and there will be restriction with what you can do with the land.

That's a very (VERY) simple descrption (to the best of my knowledge). PM me if you want to discuss further, as you sure do need a lot of help... :D

I am not an agent or anything like that. I just happen to have bought a few pieces of land in Thailand for my own business purposes and have learned the hard way.