Thailand Revokes Thaksin's Passport

v2drinkers

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things must have heated up in Dubai suddenly (diplomatically speaking). It probably didn't help matters when the people Mr Thaksin incited attacked a mosque (among other innocents) in his alleged 'quest for democracy'... (or to 're-coup' 76 billion baht and a chance to double-up in a 3-peat;) :D

PM Abhisit returns to Govt House. Meanwhile Mr Thaksin goes to the 'dark continent' to enjoy the adoring adulation of other banana republic despots (and to plot more chaos for Thailand).

Yes, it appears all's normal again... :o

Being the Megomaniac that he is, I am sure Dr. Taksin regually checks/edits his Wikipedia page and perhaps even this forum. It would be intrested for the mods to check to see if any strange african IP addresses have been accessing ThaiVisa lately, or some of the Thai Online newspapers. Bet he has even subscribed to google updates for his Name.

bet someone clever with the right resources can bait and find out where he is.

Nicaragua denies issuing Thaksin a passport

Nicaragua has denied that it granted passport for convicted ex-Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Matichon newspaper online reported Thursday.

The denial confused earlier news report which said Nicaraguan government issued its passport for Thaksin.

The passport issue was widely interested as Thai government decided to revoke Thaksin's ordinary passport on April 12 out of belief that he was behind the violence caused by his supporters early this week.

Thai-language online reported Thursday said Thai Embassy in Mexico had asked Nicaragua Embassy in Mexico to verify news report that the country has granted special passport for Thaksin.

The online quoted a letter from Nicaragua embassy in Mexico to Thai embassy issued on April 15 as saying that the report was unfounded.

A book, entitled "Thaksin, are you OK?," written by Sunisa Lertpakawat, showed photos of Thaksin's Nicaragua passport and the photo of Thaksin receiving the passport from a man the writer identified only as "Daniel." Nicaraguan president is Daniel Ortega.

- THE NATION -

Getting one those Nicaraguan passports is easy.

http://www.second-passport-citizenship.com...p_nicaragua.htm

Just pay and wait a few days.

Like for years this German 'duke" or whoever he was,

sold titles, all kind of titles Duke, Count, Lord, Baron, Baronet

name it!

Maybe he can help the fugitive .... he can found an internet fiefdom then,

with a noble peerage and everything...

"Taxsinisthan" f.E.

:o

Edited by Samuian

Whatever passport he might have, if Interpol is looking for him, there are not many places left on earth to hide.

I would guess that the Thai-government know how to handle Thaksin, if apprehended, to nail him on the cell bed. Yes, he has cash, power, friends but in life that's sometimes just not enough.

I don't think Thaksin can come back to Thailand.

Even a girl dare to fight with him.

See these 2 youtubes :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vH4_SeGSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8hdgPVqKh8

Thanks for posting these two clips. She is one courageous and exemplary woman. The first one, I thought why not speak to him directly, and then opened the second one and thought, "brilliant"! This is what thousands of Thais who see through the lies and subterfuge of Thaksin's every word and move should do, so eventually even the poor, misguided drones like Koo can see Thaksin for what he really is - the ex-dictator, divider and would-be destroyer of Thailand and its institutions. I think she deserves a medal for her honest appraisal of the man behind the constant lies. Well done, whoever you are! :o

Passports? Arrest warrants, a convicted criminal, a bail jumper and possibly treason. Thaksin has lost the plot and most likely now his freedom as he has no place to hide. Maybe he should run to North Korea! If ever he returns, under arrest, delivered by Interpol or through the back door, you can bet the red shirt uprising will be on again. It is a dangerous move to be sure - let's see if he can be convicted in a criminal court outside Thailand for money laundering, etc., then lose him from publicity and leave him where-ever he has chosen. No point in bringing a virus back to the body.

According to the Ministry of Foreign affairs (issuing entity) can revoke with reason any passport including diplomatic pass and it stays revoked until such time as a hearing and challenge to the MoFA is resolved.

He may hold any number of other courtesy passports during the time the hearing and challenges are met.

If Thailand can prove that he caused the hindrance or destruction of property and cause of injury to lawful citizens, international courts may issue an Interpol warrant of detention while extradition processes are completed.

All but one country has signed onto those conditions and conventions that is France. He may stay free in France until such time as the international courts convict him only then can Interpol make an arrest. And that could take up to 10 years.

Thailand unfortunately has several legal hurdles to overcome. The Thai courts and speed their decisions up but not those of other countries.

If a large enough bounty is placed on him the courts may have nothing to do. :o

Information resources

MOFA

Interpol

If anyone can find something to the contrary or know of it please let me know.

Are you implying that if a Thai court file an international arrest warrant with Interpol they will do nothing to arrest him, ergo that a country member of Interpol will not arrest him and will not allow an Thai interrogation committee in their country to question him, or will refuse to extradite him if the Thai juridical system asked them to do so. Should keep in mind that he is already convicted by a Thai court.

It can only be a slight problem if the Thai Juridical system filed and arrest warrant for new crimes. EU member states will not extradite him till an guarantee is given that he don't risk the death penalty or a trial where he can not have an adequate legal defence or unfair trial. Once there is guaranteed that there are no violations against the EU human rights law there are no objections left anymore to extradite him.

Edited by henryalleman

What i don't understand is why they just don't classify him as a political Terrorist, he was helping an attack against a godamn summit of foreign leaders, and then "led" riots that shutdown a major city...

i'm sure the US would be more than happy to help fill out an application to get him blacklisted, in which case he won't be able to even fly THROUGH any developed or developing country. he will be fuc_ked into a corner of some 3rd world shitehole. and it will only be a matter of time before either medical issues or boredom will force him to come back into the real world. also most 3rd world countries who recieve aid payments arn't going to want to touch him at this point....

You really over rated the importance of the US and the importance of Thaksin.

A diplomatic passport is a diplomatic passport whether you're from Russia or Tuvalo, and surely provides visa hassle free travel.

Arrivals by private jet don't even pass through any visa lines or customs in most countries. They process you at the hangar of whatever air support services you're using. Funny how a lot of posters seem to be expecting to see Thaksin in the visa application lines at overseas consulates or something.

:D

As post 268 reminds us, Thaksin's diplomatic-passport was revoked last December, the one he has now just lost is his ordinary Thai passport. Not an unreasonable punishment for inciting & financing terrorism on the streets of Pattaya & Bangkok. Treason charges would seem to be justified in this case.

Not that this will prevent Thaksin from travelling, we've seen him being presented with his Nicaraguan passport, and heard rumours of several other countries being willing to sell him one. And he is clearly 'well-connected' in the UAE. :o

This will block his travelings completely, he can not even leave Dubai anymore. Did you ever tried to pass any emmigration or immigration desk not having your pasport with you; Also not any airline will let you boarding.

Abhisit's degree in PPE from Oxford is one of the finest qualifications you can have for a career in politics.

He has a real understanding of Economics which will be essential in the next few months. He has already shown a keen grasp of the need for stimulus.

He has shown that he has total command of the machinations of Politics by his clever manoeuvring to become PM (legally) and his study of Philosophy will have equipped him to outwit Populist Demagogues like Thaksin all day long.

I, like many posters here, feel that Thailand now has a real chance to move forward.

My bet is that Abhisit's next move will be to include some of the more intelligent members from the N & NE in his cabinet. Thailand needs, above all, an inclusive government.

Abhisit is the man to achieve it and to lead it.

And what is very important that hes staying in office and have a stable government is to prevent an power struggle in the near future between the different armed forces. Most people who know this country will understand what I mean.

Getting one those Nicaraguan passports is easy.

http://www.second-passport-citizenship.com...p_nicaragua.htm

Just pay and wait a few days.

They are offering Diplomatic Passports and Ambassader status for $40k too (Costa Rica): http://www.second-passport-citizenship.com..._costa-rica.htm

Amazing - gets you diplomatic plates etc so park anywhere :o - Cops scared to arrest you etc. Don't have to use it for entry (can use Western passport for that), but then inform the local Gov't of your presence (a form for this) and voila.

Assuming its not just a web scam of course

Edited by wolf5370

Abhisit's degree in PPE from Oxford is one of the finest qualifications you can have for a career in politics.

He has a real understanding of Economics which will be essential in the next few months. He has already shown a keen grasp of the need for stimulus.

He has shown that he has total command of the machinations of Politics by his clever manoeuvring to become PM (legally) and his study of Philosophy will have equipped him to outwit Populist Demagogues like Thaksin all day long.

I, like many posters here, feel that Thailand now has a real chance to move forward.

My bet is that Abhisit's next move will be to include some of the more intelligent members from the N & NE in his cabinet. Thailand needs, above all, an inclusive government.

And what is very important that hes staying in office and have a stable government is to prevent an power struggle in the near future between the different armed forces. Most people who know this country will understand what I mean.

As I understand it, there is a power struggle already. Directly connected to red shirts or Thaksin? Seems there is more factions at play here then what is seen. And I'm not refering to the unmentionables. Tanung touches it in his blog. Its going to boil again, because Abhisit can't keep his guard up and the country under lock forever.

What is the penalty for Treason - if found guilty?

as you likely know, most of Thai law is based on English law and treason was a capital offence

although hanging was abolished in 1965, treason remained on the statute as a hanging offence

i suspect it still may be, but i am not 100% sure

certainly its not been used as a punishment for treason for many years

i would guess its still on the thai statute.

errmmm... Sorry, but the Thai law code adopted more of the French Code Napoleon than English law. That's one reason they don't have juries. It's also why Thai judges have more discretion than judges in England. Of course, they also retained features from the Ayuthaya legal system. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't provide many more details, but I've read that when the legal system was reformed under Rama V the judiciary adopted a culture of narrow interpretation of the text of the statutes. Of course, as we've seen, this can lead to some very tortured arguments and decisions when they decide beforehand what result they want, and courts are not required to follow their own precedents nor those of other courts. In fact the Supreme Court decided that the asset disposition panel was NOT a government agency subject to the Prime Minister's supervision, which is the legal opinion Thaksin was relying on.

As for the Treason question, once again I'm not a lawyer, but I think the provision journalists translate as "treason" would be better translated as "insurrection". That was why the court decided the PAD leaders should not be charged for that offense (aside from the fact that they were supported by Those Who Must Not Be Named). Right now I'm not convinced that Thaksin could be convicted of that because I don't trust the reports in The Nation or the Bangkok Post of what Thaksin said in his calls. Both papers are solidly behind the PAD and pretty shameless about distorted reporting. But it does seem that he could be charged with that if their reports were accurate.

Once again, though, This Is Thailand.

correct, in the European system each case is judged on his own merrits, and don't take previuos verdicts in similar cases in account. Evendo I must emphazise that for capital crimes there is almost always a jury in Europe, exept in Holland and a few other northern European countries.

I think too many people are mixed up after seen too many Hollywood movies. The European juridical system is completely different than the Anglo-saxon system. Also the behaviour of lawyers in the court are not even remotly similar as in the States.

A diplomatic passport is a diplomatic passport whether you're from Russia or Tuvalo, and surely provides visa hassle free travel.

Arrivals by private jet don't even pass through any visa lines or customs in most countries. They process you at the hangar of whatever air support services you're using. Funny how a lot of posters seem to be expecting to see Thaksin in the visa application lines at overseas consulates or something.

As post 268 reminds us, Thaksin's diplomatic-passport was revoked last December, the one he has now just lost is his ordinary Thai passport. Not an unreasonable punishment for inciting & financing terrorism on the streets of Pattaya & Bangkok. Treason charges would seem to be justified in this case.

Not that this will prevent Thaksin from travelling, we've seen him being presented with his Nicaraguan passport, and heard rumours of several other countries being willing to sell him one. And he is clearly 'well-connected' in the UAE. :o

This will block his travelings completely, he can not even leave Dubai anymore. Did you ever tried to pass any emmigration or immigration desk not having your pasport with you; Also not any airline will let you boarding.

He is not stupid .He has had a Nicaraguan ,diplomatic no less passport since January .Anyway to bring him back to Thailand would only cause more problems .Better some secret agent deals with him abroad .The Russians know how to do such things .

Edited by Thaifan2

Henry, I genuinely hope that you are right. If a relatively stable political environment can by maintained through Abhisit (and I cannot think of anyone better to front this) then it might buy the time to sort out the many other isses that need resolving. These have to include the issues of the 'poor' and the inclusion of populist policies if necessary.

Thanks for posting these two clips. She is one courageous and exemplary woman. The first one, I thought why not speak to him directly, and then opened the second one and thought, "brilliant"! This is what thousands of Thais who see through the lies and subterfuge of Thaksin's every word and move should do, so eventually even the poor, misguided drones like Koo can see Thaksin for what he really is - the ex-dictator, divider and would-be destroyer of Thailand and its institutions. I think she deserves a medal for her honest appraisal of the man behind the constant lies. Well done, whoever you are! :o

I think she's removed 2 video with her face.

She said some red shirts hit her car today.

Also some of thaksin's man took photo of her and her friend including her license plate.

So she has to remove 2 video. :D

He is not stupid .He has had a Nicaraguan ,diplomatic no less passport since January .

According to THE NATION he has left Dubai already on his Thai passport and is now on the way to a"secret" destination in Africa.

Taksin left Dubai

Nicaragua has denied to have issued him a passport.

Edited by webfact

Do people really tick YES to questions like 'Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense?' Even if they have, such an application is likely to be denied, so not ticking the YES box might be seen to be worth the try. Many countries (Brazil for example) do not require a visa for entry (at least, not for Thailand). But the landing card asks all the same questions. Pointless in my estimation.

P&M

Its not about a visa, its about an international traveling passport. You can't enter or leave a country a country without this document. Or you must apply for political asylum.

Also some of thaksin's man took photo of her and her friend including her license plate.

Update: She is asking for help at

She doesn't want to report the incident to the police. :D

As I understand it, there is a power struggle already. Directly connected to red shirts or Thaksin? Seems there is more factions at play here then what is seen. And I'm not refering to the unmentionables. Tanung touches it in his blog. Its going to boil again, because Abhisit can't keep his guard up and the country under lock forever.

I was refering to them. The swift and non violant handling of the demonstrations had only the intention to keep Thaksin out of the ball game when the real struggle start. All players wanted him out of the game before they start to play hardball. Thaksin is very much aware of the comming struggle, he was planing to jump into the power vacuum to establish his regime. But for doing that he must be on the political scene again. And thats the only reason why he throw his last ace. If Thailand will face a civil war its not the reds or the poor farmers from isan who will light the fuse.

His fight has nothing to do to regain his assest but all about the above.

I know this is an controversial statement and many will regard me as an fantasist; Only time can tell if I'm wrong or not. And I realy do hope I am completely wrong.

Nicaragua might have some surprises in store for T.

They don't like foreigners coming in and swaggering around with their thick wallets. Whole communities are visibly upset about real estate values skyrocketing, because of influx of foreigners - particularly seaside towns where foreigners secure mansions. This also puts pressure for higher costs for other things - plus possible exploitation of beautiful young women.

There was a true story recently of an American who had lived and worked in such a seaside town. He had a very attractive Nicaraguan g.f. After they broke up, and he moved to Managua (hour's drive away), the girl was raped and murdered in her seaside village. One drunk local fingered the American. The whole town immediately was up in arms, demanding he be found guilty and put in jail for life, or else they would lynch him. The judge complied. Luckily for the young American, an appeals judge looked at the evidence (which the original judge dismissed) and saw clearly the American was innocent, and belatedly let him out of jail after he had been locked up and abused for over a year.

The message here is that there is seething hatred for rich foreigners among some Nicaraguans. Thaksin may find his bed of roses has a few prickly thorns.

Edited by brahmburgers

Update: She is asking for help at

She doesn't want to report the incident to the police. :D

Just getting it on this forum is a help (not sucking up like, but it does get its fair share of hits). Also have put it on my Facebook page asking people to share. Would encourage others to do the same also.