Is There Something Wrong With My Wife?

thaimate

i keep reading on here ,guys saying that their wives are lazy,or are only interested in talking with their mates ,watch thai soaps all day ect ,ect. well ime worried that my wife is not a normal Thai .she gets up early ,is constantly cleaning and doing the garden never ever watches Thai soaps and the only Thai programs she watches is the Royal news at 8pm.

she has Thai female friends but rarely sees them because she doesnt like the fact that they" just talk about rubbish" her words.

ime starting to worry ,is she normal :o

p.s she isnt some ugly old crone either,so its not that .

start looking for a mia noi

Don't assume you will get a better deal with a mia noi. Ain't necessarily so. Thai woman is Thai woman.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! Another 'my wife is different' thread!!!!

so why read it ,no one forced you. by the way i would callher normal ,not different wouldnt you?

No, I wouldn't call her normal...I'd call he same same but different :o

Come on man, give us some fun with her little nuisances that make you laugh or cry...there must be one....

the one thing i have noticed and to be honest this seems to go for most Thai people ,you cant have deep meaningfull conversations ,they just dont seem to have them ,or do they with each other?

Most of them are incapable of it, even those who are fluent in English. It's not something they do & therefore have no background for it.

........ well ime worried that my wife is not a normal Thai .she gets up early ,is constantly cleaning and doing the garden.......and the only Thai programs she watches is the Royal news at 8pm.

ime starting to worry ,is she normal :D

no no no.....nothing wrong with her here, me think

but may be…..

she finds you to be very boring and un-interesting outside the bedroom? :o

dam_n i will have to get off the computer and help more around the house,and give her some money.

will i be more interesting then?

No no no ….don’t do too much......it will cheapen you!!!

May be YOU need to challenge her, make her want/chase you around during daytime

You know….Leave a little mystery for her to figure out, girls like that….def making yourself….err -more-interesting :D

I love this quote from Jerry Hall......

"My mother said it was simple to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom. I said I'd hire the other two and take care of the bedroom bit"

Edited by JimmyConway

So, a man needs 5 wifes!

1 which is beautiful to go out with and show off. CHECK!

2 The intellectual, intelligent one with humor to have interesting and funny conversations. CHECK!!

3 The Sex queen, which likes to do it and likes to do it good for you. OOOOH YESSS.... CHECK!!!

4 The housewife who takes good care of everything, cleans, washes and cooks. Not to mention being a Supermum. CHECK!!!!

5 And than, the wife with the big money, which gives you the possibility to live such a super life with all the partners.

OMG!!!! My wife just won the lottery!!! REALLY!!!!!!

So, a man needs 5 wifes!

2 The intellectual, intelligent one with humor to have interesting and funny conversations. CHECK!!

3 The Sex queen, which likes to do it and likes to do it good for you. OOOOH YESSS.... CHECK!!!

4 The housewife who takes good care of everything, cleans, washes and cooks. Not to mention being a Supermum. CHECK!!!!

5 And than, the wife with the big money, which gives you the possibility to live such a super life with all the partners.

Nan - was that 2 numbers or 3 numbers ? Village lottery ?

I just want to know how much to go and party for you :o

i keep reading on here ,guys saying that their wives are lazy,or are only interested in talking with their mates ,watch thai soaps all day ect ,ect. well ime worried that my wife is not a normal Thai .she gets up early ,is constantly cleaning and doing the garden never ever watches Thai soaps and the only Thai programs she watches is the Royal news at 8pm.

she has Thai female friends but rarely sees them because she doesnt like the fact that they" just talk about rubbish" her words.

How old is your wife? I have a dear friend who has a wife just like you have, she is in her late 60's on the other hand I know first hand several Thai women that are just as you said above, lazy, watch Thai soaps all day and to add one Gamble lottery everyday. Bottom Line my guess is it a Generation thing. The Young Generation of Thai women are spoil in the give me mode and may I ask whose fault is that? Over to YOU ALL!

actually she is 41 but she has been like this since we met 11 years ago , when we were leaving England to come back to live here ,her first Thaught was what would happen to her garden ,and i kid you not when i had to go back to Britain for a few weeks ,she asked me to take some pictures of the plants in our old garden, can you believe it .

There is nothing wrong mate.Good on ya.Nothing wrong with posting it too.There is always gonna be some idiot to try and knock ya down on here.My wifey can get lazy sometimes,me too.A kick up the arse tends to work though.

sorry to hear that,but i hope she doesnt kick you to hard. :o

So, a man needs 5 wifes!

1. YOU HAVE THE MONEY, why would you marry a dog? ten of thousands of good lookers, this is a given and not a lottery

2. the intellectual ???????, this i struggle with . This point alone wins you the lottery

3. YOU HAVE THE MONEY,great boom boom, ooh why you so big? I never see before! non lottery, yawn

4. YOU HAVE THE MONEY, what else would she do ? supermoms are everywhere, just being a mum is super , non lottery

5. YOU HAVE THE MONEY

Now try and get all of this with a Lady that makes 100k per year dressed in Prada 6ft tall with double D breats!!! now thats a LOTTERY! A little reality check for ya all :o

Edited by zorro1

No you are in the silent majority, all you often get to hear about is the disaster stories.

There is nothing wrong mate.Good on ya.Nothing wrong with posting it too.There is always gonna be some idiot to try and knock ya down on here.My wifey can get lazy sometimes,me too.A kick up the arse tends to work though.

I find a lump of 2 X 4 round the back of the swede normally does the trick.

No there is nothing wrong with her at all, except she is lazy............. My wife does all that and still has time to watch the soaps and gossip with the next door neigbours (except its not gossip to her, she hates that, its just chatting and finding out what is going on). Also my wife holds down a full time job as well, so to be honest mate, you really need to trade her in for one of those fancy new electric models, with the auto and the stitched leather............ :o:D :D

regards

Freddie

, my wife works 40-50 hours a week in a 4* hotel in ireland ...she gets 400 euro plus every week and 100 euro tips.im 35 she is 30 were married 2 years 5 months......glad to know you got a good woman there fair play to you........oh ya by the way is your wife from south thailand by any chance..........

I find a lump of 2 X 4 round the back of the swede normally does the trick.

:o:D:D:D

Can you rent her out, only to show the missus how to behave, better still she could run classes on how to be a 'good wife', you would make a lot of dosh, get her domestic activities filmed..............dvds... videos...film rights....I see it all now......... :o

OMG!!! Another 'my wife is different' thread!!!!

so why read it ,no one forced you. by the way i would callher normal ,not different wouldnt you?

No, I wouldn't call her normal...I'd call he same same but different :o

Come on man, give us some fun with her little nuisances that make you laugh or cry...there must be one....

the one thing i have noticed and to be honest this seems to go for most Thai people ,you cant have deep meaningfull conversations ,they just dont seem to have them ,or do they with each other?

Agreed, they come from a different world as us farangs.

I dont understand. Why does every one come here to marry a thai girl who can't even relate to the "real world"? Is it that you could not get a girl from your home country or another first world country where the women have options other than being mia farang?? Im not saying find a farang girl, God no!! i would never wish that upon anyone. But why not stay in Thailand and enjoy the country with someone who can, a. speak english and, b. discuss deep meaningful subjects. i.e singaporean, korean, japanese, hong kong

just my $0.02

guys saying that their wives are lazy,or are only interested in talking with their mates ,watch thai soaps all day ect ,ect. well ime worried that my wife is not a normal Thai .she gets up early ,is constantly cleaning and doing the garden never ever watches Thai soaps

Your wife is perfectly normal.

I'm lazy. I get up late. I don't clean. I only watch DStation. Now they block it so I must watch Thai soaps :o . I feel free tv channels and True try to lead us to a supposed to be nice thing when in fact it is not.

Speaking of Thai TV, have you ever seen such drivel? The soaps are so very poor (except the theme music is very good) and the comedy hours are juvenile twaddle. But so many women love the screaming and fighting on soaps and the silly comedians. The magazines are filled with it all. Oh well, whatever floats their boats....

Edited by Lopburi99

I dont understand. Why does every one come here to marry a thai girl who can't even relate to the "real world"? Is it that you could not get a girl from your home country or another first world country where the women have options other than being mia farang?? Im not saying find a farang girl, God no!! i would never wish that upon anyone. But why not stay in Thailand and enjoy the country with someone who can, a. speak english and, b. discuss deep meaningful subjects. i.e singaporean, korean, japanese, hong kong

just my $0.02

:o

Ah well, plenty men appreciate us, even if we are some kind of terrible plaque in the eyes of others. :D

Good for you OP that you are happy with your wife. But, I have to say also that it do think that a person you share your life with SHOULD do nice things. Its normal. In a good relationship people do nice things for each other. Balance responsibilities.

I realise that you are probably just trying to balance out the fact that TV has a lot of posts on problematic relationships, but think most people would not believe that represents ALL Thai/Western relationships. If they do, thats their problem. No one should need to defend or prove they have a decent relationship to others. It only should matter to yourselves and your own family unit.

May you enjoy many many years of happiness together. :D

...My favorite line when I meet foreigners who say they have a thai wife is to answer back; "Oh, you've got a thai wife? You know when I was a boy I had a cocker spaniel."

If you ever say that to me, prepare for an immediate black eye :o .

So, a man needs 5 wifes!

1 which is beautiful to go out with and show off

2 The intellectual, intelligent one with humor to have interesting and funny conversations

3 The Sex queen, which likes to do it and likes to do it good for you

4 The housewife who takes good care of everything, cleans, washes and cooks

I'm still looking for a 25 year old, debt-free, friendless, orphan nymphomaniac virgin with a uni degree, perfect English, and excellent farang and Thai cooking skills.

I thought I'd found one, but she had a problem with her teeth - root canal work can be so expensive. So I've added "good teeth" to the list.

Still looking.

just my $0.02

:o

Ah well, plenty men appreciate us, even if we are some kind of terrible plaque in the eyes of others. :D

Good for you OP that you are happy with your wife. But, I have to say also that it do think that a person you share your life with SHOULD do nice things. Its normal. In a good relationship people do nice things for each other. Balance responsibilities.

I realise that you are probably just trying to balance out the fact that TV has a lot of posts on problematic relationships, but think most people would not believe that represents ALL Thai/Western relationships. If they do, thats their problem. No one should need to defend or prove they have a decent relationship to others. It only should matter to yourselves and your own family unit.

May you enjoy many many years of happiness together. :D

thank you for that,but i was actually being tongue in cheek when i made the original post ,i have always believed that in relationships it is best to have them with someone you can love and communicate with . over a space of a lifetime i have had relationships with western and thai women ,all ,i repeat all were good relationships ,twice before i had long time thai partners and although the first two both loved soaps ,they were both fairly inteligent women the first being very articulate ,with what i would call a western sense of humour. i think a lot of the problems discussed on here about wives is that many of the ladies are not well educated and worked in bars(not that i have anything against bar girls ,i have met many lovely kind ones) but unfortunatly many are ill educated,lazy and grab a farang husband just for the money. that said two friend that are married to ex bar girls ,are extremly happy ,one has just celebrated 21 years of marriage.

by the way my wife is not from the south.as i said originally though ,the post was tongue in cheek as i had read so many dissaster stories ,but in the main most of the marriages my friends have are happy,with a couple of utter disasters.but then that goes in any relationships ,some are always a nightmare ---take my first wife :D

...My favorite line when I meet foreigners who say they have a thai wife is to answer back; "Oh, you've got a thai wife? You know when I was a boy I had a cocker spaniel."

If you ever say that to me, prepare for an immediate black eye :o .

Don't mention you have a thai wife; I won't mention my cocker spaniel. :D

You won't have to blacken my eye, and I won't have to club you like a baby fur seal with my cane. .. :D

Problem solved for both. :D

Now without further adieu: Banck on Topic

Good effective communication to me is the cornerstone of a relationship.

I don't see how people can accept the second rate hack thai-engrish spoken all over this country as the norm. (Need an example listen to the Thaksin interview on CNN, I've heard bar-girls speak clearer more concise engrish).

I also can't understand why a foreigner married to a thai wouldn't learn to speak thai as well.

Again, to each there own,

Guess you and I are lucky mate. When we lived in the UK she was the only Thai wife in our village who didn't spend all day with the other Thai wives, drinking, gambling and playing cards. She prefered to spend the time on the golf course with me or the other ladies. Other times at the gym or some pleasent pastime with me.

She is now a bandit off seventeen but I'm not complaining.

I would sooner bite out my own veins, than have a relationship with someone who wasn't even close on an emotional, educational level, and had such disparate moral values.

My favorite line when I meet foreigners who say they have a thai wife is to answer back; "Oh, you've got a thai wife? You know when I was a boy I had a cocker spaniel."

Wow, that got my attention (the eating veins part)

Trying to compare my Thai wife to my ex wife back in America is like apples and oranges.

That one (ex) had a trade (made dentures in a lab). She spent much more money than she ever made on clothes, drugs, booze, phone bills, and her new (red) sportscar. And I do mean MUCH more.

Which means i got to pay the difference.

She could hold a conversation ok. Although it often related to her druggie friends which i had a hard time understanding where they all got the money to do what they did.

She cooked pretty good although it was food that she liked, not necessarily what i liked. I did the dishes and helped clean the house of course.

The biggest problem was the bills and what she stuck me with (including unpaid IRS bills) when she left.

Here, my wife grew up poor and makes me stop at the side of the road when she sees some plant that she knows will improve the food that I like. (she cooks different food for me than she eats as of course she is happy with Som Tam and we have 2 pappaya trees in our yard)

I am not allowed to do dishes or help clean the house although i do get a nice smile if i spill something and grab the broom myself to clean up my mess.

We talk about Thai politics as well as her friends and their problems. We talk about and ask each other about our work quite often.

I met her in a massage place and she still gives me massages when i have a rough day.

She doesn't do drugs, smoke, although she likes her beer or two most nights.

She doesn't want to learn to drive our car, says it's too scary to drive and she's the slowest motorbike driver on the road.

There's more comparisons but i won't bore you. I just pity you that you would prefer one of those western women who want it all but don't want to help get it, yet want you to take care of them. Enjoy your veins when you do find missus Right!