• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

2. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

3. 0

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

4. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

5. 23

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

6. 61

Why Do You Even Drink?

7. 23

8. 14

Thaksin and Pheu Thai Party face constitutional showdown

9. 1

Police Identify 24 Suspects in Connection with Hundreds of Deaths at UK Hospital

10. 9

Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

11. 0

60-Year-Old Man Fatally Shoots Ex-Girlfriend, Then Himself, After Failed Reconciliation

12. 0

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

13. 130

Trump chickens out again.

14. 23

15. 23

Next Question...

sillybilly

Ok, I got the computer I think that I need and thanks for everybodys advice. The next question is who to choose for the internet?? My room dont have a phone connection and will have to do things wireless (still trying to figure how this works) :o

Can I please get some more advice on who to choose and what the cost might be?? Will probably be using it most of the time to surf and chat. Not sure if I can download movies etc the same as I would back home but might like to try. :D

Also does anybody know who can sell me a good second hand laptop for a friend...

Thanks...

1. the internet options open to you depend on where you are in chiang mai, i.e. some areas you have many choices, some areas you have almost none. use the thaivisa search facility to look for previous discussions on this issue (many)

2. for secondhand try thaivisa classifieds, citylife-citylife.com, bahtsold.com and craigslist bangkok

Ok, I got the computer I think that I need .....next question is who to choose for the internet?? My room dont have a phone .......

Also does anybody know who can sell me a good second hand laptop for a friend...Thanks...

First, go to the computer club web site and see what you can find there: http://chiangmai-geeks.phpbb3now.com/ucp.p...a6e304c51c047f6 . The question has probably been answered.

But I would really recommend you come to the weekly meeting at 1 pm on Tuesdays at Tuskers. Get all the info you need and more first hand. And that way you can discuss what people recommend and make sure you understand all the options. The computer knowledge ranges from EXPERT to NOVICE, so everyone fits right in.

And the meetings are always an education to all of us.

Ok, I got the computer I think that I need and thanks for everybodys advice. The next question is who to choose for the internet?? My room dont have a phone connection and will have to do things wireless (still trying to figure how this works) :o

Can I please get some more advice on who to choose and what the cost might be?? Will probably be using it most of the time to surf and chat. Not sure if I can download movies etc the same as I would back home but might like to try. :D

Also does anybody know who can sell me a good second hand laptop for a friend...

Thanks...

Get yourself a Cat CDMA. Its a little usb device that connects to the internet by wireless at good speeds in CM .Cost to buy about 8000 baht and 800 a month. Its fast enough to download video and live football.....I get downloads nearly always higher than 900 and sometimes as high as 1400.

Edited by gennisis

Next QuestionS:

How to effectively use the title bar and and subtitle bar for subject line of topic ?

How to better get those who have something to say to chime in on or read your topic ?

How to not annoy those who have no interest or authority on your subject by giving vague teasers ?

Well Here's what i do for my internet everyday. I get GSM mobile and connect my internet through my cellphone. the speed is alright. and its better if ur phone support 3g then is hella fast. i paid about 500 baht for 250 hours. and if u want u can get 999 baht for unlimited per month. guess i didnt bother to set up a landline thats why... :o for more info.. contact GSM :D :D