Atm In Phnom Penh?

raybona

Hi, I'm going to get a new TV in Phnom Penh, and some people here told me to take a lot of cash with me because there are no ATM's?

If so do I have to take $ with me, means I have to change them here from Baht, or can I change there into Riel?

I'm planning to stay over for abouth 4 nights, not only for the visa, but also to have a look around to see if it would be better for me to live there instead of Chiang Mai. Are there any nice beaches in Cambodja, and would $400 a month be enough to rent a nice house, 2-3 bedrooms and furnished?

Any suggestions where i can stay in PP at a guesthouse? Any one heard of DV8?

Also, do you know if there are agents who can do the visa stuff for me, for a fee of course.

Hope someone can give me some advice,

Thanks

Hi, I'm going to get a new TV in Phnom Penh, and some people here told me to take a lot of cash with me because there are no ATM's?

If so do I have to take $ with me, means I have to change them here from Baht, or can I change there into Riel?

I'm planning to stay over for abouth 4 nights, not only for the visa, but also to have a look around to see if it would be better for me to live there instead of Chiang Mai. Are there any nice beaches in Cambodja, and would $400 a month be enough to rent a nice house, 2-3 bedrooms and furnished?

Also, do you know if there are agents who can do the visa stuff for me, for a fee of course.

Thanks

Here's an excellent online guide book, with FREE hard copies available when you get there:

http://www.canbypublications.com/

Regarding ATMs there, do a google, there's lots of hits for: atm cambodia

Below just one of them.

Mac

http://www.phnompenhnightlife.com/phnompen...locationmap.php

Phnom Penh Location Map

This map of Phnom Penh shows the locations of ATM machines that accept visa cards. Click on the map if you need a hires printable version of this map.

Q- Do ATM machines in Cambodia disperse USD?

A- Yes ATM machines disperse US dollars

Q - Which ATM's provide 24 hour servie?

A- ANZ Royal Bank Branches and Total Service stations are open 24hrs. Security is provided by guards 24/7.

Caltex TeoukLaork - Cnr Mao Tse Toung Blvd & St 202, Phnom Penh

Caltex Toul Tompong (SPARK) - Cnr Mao tse Toung Blvd & St 167, Phnom Penh

Caltex Boeung Keng Kang - 156 Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh

Caltex Boeung Kok - Corner of Monivong and Street 86., Phnom Penh

Caltex Phsar Doem Kor - Corner of Monireth and 384.

Caltex Bokor - Corner of Monivong and Mao Tse Toung Blvd., Phnom Penh

Caltex Touk La Ork Cnr Mao tse Toung Blvd & St 202, Phnom Penh

Total Chateau dÉau - Preah Sihanouk Blvd., Phnom Penh

Total Avenu de France. - Avenue de France Street. , Phnom Penh

Lucky Supermarket - No. 160 Preah Sihanouk Blvd., Phnom Penh

Pencil Supermarket. - Riverside Branch, Phnom Penh

PP Airport - Where the planes fly., Phnom Penh

ANZ Royal Branch, Riverside - 265 Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh

ANZ Royal Branch, Indepenance Monument.- 100 Preah Sihanouk Blvd.

ANZ Royal Branch, Olympic Market - 361 & 636 Preah Sihanouk Blvd

ANZ Royal Branch Main Branch - 20 Kramuon Sar (Cnr or St 67)

Lucky Supermarket 160 Sihanouk blvd, Phnom Penh

Pencil Supermarket Riverside branch, Phnom Penh

ANZ Royal Ponchentong International Airport

Total Service Station, Cnr Sihanouk Blvd & Charles de Gaulle, Phnom Penh

Total Service Station, Rue de France, Phnom Penh.

Cambodian Public Bank. 23 Kramuon Sar (street 114), Phnom Penh.

Canadia Bank Charles de Gaulle Branch, 126 Charles de Gaulle Branch, Phnom Penh

Canadia Bank Head Office, 265-269 Ang Duong, Phnom Penh.

Canadia Bank Olympic Branch, 395 Sihounk Blvd, Phnom Penh.

Canadia Bank Sorya Shopping Center, 13-61 Street 63, Phnom Penh.

Canadia Bank Phnom Penh International Airport, Phnom Penh.

SBC Bank Head Office, 68 Samdech Pan (Street 214), Phnom Penh.

SBC Bank Nehru Branch, 203E0 Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh.

SBC Bank Riverside Branch, 327 Sisowath Quay.

SBC bank Sihanouk Branch 56E Sihanouk Blvd.

Yes, they are there but I don't think I would put my ATM card in one of them. You might be better off buying your TV set in Thailand. Also you might want to check with Thai Tax and land people(or who ever) about duty status of bring a TV to Thailand, I don't a bit different but there was a BT400000 fee(tax) :o to bring my car from overseas :D

I ever had any trouble using the banks (I always use ANZ) ATM's for US$ in Phnom Pen. You can get a Cambodian Visa at Phnom Pen Airport on arrival for I thing US$ 20 or in advance on the net for US$ 25 which saves you queuing at the airport. Either way, make sure you have got some passport photos with you. I would not buy a TV in Cambodia, because Thai Customs will charge you an arm and a leg to bring it in and you will probably end up with overweight luggage and all in all it will end up costing you more then buying it here. For the rest of your questions you better ask some Cambodian residents.

I ever had any trouble using the banks (I always use ANZ) ATM's for US$ in Phnom Pen. You can get a Cambodian Visa at Phnom Pen Airport on arrival for I thing US$ 20 or in advance on the net for US$ 25 which saves you queuing at the airport. Either way, make sure you have got some passport photos with you. I would not buy a TV in Cambodia, because Thai Customs will charge you an arm and a leg to bring it in and you will probably end up with overweight luggage and all in all it will end up costing you more then buying it here. For the rest of your questions you better ask some Cambodian residents.

1) easy visa on arrival (think US$20)

2) good place to stay on river is RiverStar Hotel (just tell the taxi driver to take you to "river star"

3) check out the museum, also places where the genocide took place (very depressing but significant in terms of history), there are bars all over (Rose is a well known one), good Western food all over

4) take an air-conditioned bus to Sihanoukville for the beach (good place is DevaRaja)

5) if you have never seen Siem Riep and Ankhor Wat, it is well worth the trip

6) you can return to Thailand from Sihanoukville if you want to visit the southern part of Thailand (e.g., Koh Chang)........the bus service and roads are much improved (can also take a speed boat)

You might be better off buying your TV set in Thailand. Also you might want to check with Thai Tax and land people(or who ever) about duty status of bring a TV to Thailand, I don't a bit different but there was a BT400000 fee(tax) :o to bring my car from overseas :D

I think the OP was talking about getting a Tourist Visa and not a TeleVision...

Only on TV !!!

I think the OP needs to go back to school to lern proppa gramma

I used ATMs in Ohnom Penh, no probs. They issue USDs. Visa on arrival is a pain in the arse. There was a 15 minutes line up in front of 12-15 officers. As disorganised as the Thai immigration 20 years ago. No problem if you don't have a photo, they charge you $1 more. Better to do it online.

I got a THAI VISA in Phnom Penh 10 years ago and they were verym efficient. Don't know about now.

Thanks

The peoople that told you there arent any either havent been at all or certainly havent been in the last 2 years, there are loads,even in some pharmacys,all give out us dollars,the riel is a joke really and only use in taxis etc, they wont even take their own currency for entry or departure tax at the airport ,. :o

I think the OP needs to go back to school to lern proppa gramma

I used ATMs in Ohnom Penh, no probs. They issue USDs. Visa on arrival is a pain in the arse. There was a 15 minutes line up in front of 12-15 officers. As disorganised as the Thai immigration 20 years ago. No problem if you don't have a photo, they charge you $1 more. Better to do it online.

I got a THAI VISA in Phnom Penh 10 years ago and they were verym efficient. Don't know about now.

And you critised his grammar ? :o

I have just come back from PP,as the other posters have said,there are plenty of ATM's there that dispense USD,most hotels ,bars and restaurants (Western ones anyway) are priced in USD,and you normally only get and use Riel as change,if the price is not an exact number of dollars.I stayed in the Angkor International in Street 148,(it's on the corner of 148 and Street 15) which,by a lucky coincidence,is in the same street as DV8(great name for a bar) I had a few beers in DV8,a nice little bar with some good looking and friendly hostesses. The ANZ bank with ATM is a short distance from DV8 on the river bank,so it's quite a convenient central location.Aircon room with fridge,TV and bathtub in the Angkor was 14USD.There are lots of hotels and bars in the central area,try looking on <Khmer440.com> for specifics,it's a good Cambodian forum.The beaches in Sihanoukville are much better than Pattaya, Sihanoukville is quite spread out,but it's easy enough to get around.I haven't stayed there for a couple of years,but I always used to stay in the Central area at the "Small Hotel" run by Henryk Then it was about 12USD,I don't suppose it's much more now.

Yes, they are there but I don't think I would put my ATM card in one of them. You might be better off buying your TV set in Thailand. Also you might want to check with Thai Tax and land people(or who ever) about duty status of bring a TV to Thailand, I don't a bit different but there was a BT400000 fee(tax) :o to bring my car from overseas :D

I'm sorry Big snake, I did not mean a TV set, But a Tourist Visa !

My mistake ! :D

Thanks

Thanks

DONT take cash, plenty of atm machines and i have been using my Bangkok bank atm for a year now, about a 100 baht charge /transaction and u can take up to $2,000/day!! they spit out $$$$

I am currently in Shianoukville, Winds are picking up and so is the rain,. Plenty of places to stay ( I am staying at the sunshine bungalows, ( and always do) RIGHT on Victory beach $25 with breakast or $20 with out, air con, cable and free wifi in room!!! Otres beach is a great day place to hang. Its the start of the low season now.

You can find places to stay at Serindepity beach for from FREE, ( yes free ) to $50/night but i dont like the scene there, full of backpackers and drunks

Beaches in Snooky might be better than Pattaya but nothing compared to Ko Chang, Samui or Phuket Otres is the best but no eletric and only a few small illegal bungalows slated to be torn down very soon

Not many houses to rent in Snooky but u can easily get a room where u can cook for $100-$250/month

You can get buses to and from Pattaya to Snooky, takes about 10 hours ( i just drove over in my car 3 days ago and took me 8 hours).

Getting visa on arrival is the ONLY way to go, sit in the front of the plane and get out fast and no lines $20 for tourist visa which can be extended 1 month only, $25 for business which can be extended INDEFINTLEY!!!

I just looked at a 3 bedroom house today in town and it was $400 and 1 room had air but NO furniture

In PP plenty of gh, I always stay at the pickled parrot on street 104 $18 air con block off the riverside. free wifi and 24 hour restaurant and plenty of acftion right outside ur door

DV8 is ok but not that great for the money, Bar is nice but better ones over on street 136, 108 and 104 and of course street 51 where the Walk about is

Do ur own thai visa at the embassy ( $35 for a single tourist visa 60 days stay)

Edited by phuketrichard