How Long Are We Allowed To Stay Out Of The Kingdom

If a multiple entry you can stay out as long as want. Of course you will loose your visa if you don't use it before it expires.

Are you talking about visa or an extension of stay? If an extension you can stay out as long as you return before your extension ends.

There is no limit on stay or not staying.

A multi entry non immigrant O visa allows unlimited stays of up to 90 days each. You can be out of country for five minutes; or up to the day before expiration of your visa if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...

All these different kinds of visas and extensions...Very confusing,I must say! I have the same qestion ( I think) and want to be sure,that I got it right: I have a non-immigrant visa "O" (retirement) and have had extensions every year since 1998. Now I would like to spend 6 months plus a couple of days in Sweden and the rest of the year here,probably for the rest of my life. Could there be any problems with this?? I intend to get a normal reentry visa. Is there a limit for how long time I can stay outside Thailand on this and,most importantly,can there be problem when I apply for my yearly extension next time?? Thankful for advice!

All these different kinds of visas and extensions...Very confusing,I must say! I have the same qestion ( I think) and want to be sure,that I got it right: I have a non-immigrant visa "O" (retirement) and have had extensions every year since 1998. Now I would like to spend 6 months plus a couple of days in Sweden and the rest of the year here,probably for the rest of my life. Could there be any problems with this?? I intend to get a normal reentry visa. Is there a limit for how long time I can stay outside Thailand on this and,most importantly,can there be problem when I apply for my yearly extension next time?? Thankful for advice!

Your Visa expired years ago. What you are extending is your permision to stay,

Providing you have a Re Entry Permit and are in Thailand every year to apply there should be no problem.