Does Thailand Want Us Here?

thaimate

^^ Its exactly the same everywhere else. Citizenship is based on the male. Societies are run by men. Society is based on making sure the other tribes don't steal your women.

Again... deal with it. Stop bitching. Get your chips stacked higher.

Edited by TonySoprano

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is much easier for female Farang who is married to a Thai man and want to live in Thailand, as she and her Thai husband do not need show any income for her to get a Visa based on being married to a Thai unlike male farangs.

The Thai immigration rules and laws are NOT the same as those for farang males.

You reckon I'll have an easier go of it next visa extention visit if I slap on a dress, some high heels and lipstick?

Yes it is much easier for female Farang who is married to a Thai man and want to live in Thailand, as she and her Thai husband do not need show any income for her to get a Visa based on being married to a Thai unlike male farangs.

You reckon I'll have an easier go of it next visa extention visit if I slap on a dress, some high heels and lipstick?

You'd have to change your name to TexPatricia and looking at some of the men who work in immigration - you might get a date :o

Depends on you being a man or a woman :o

It is easier to stay in Thailand if your a farang woman married to a Thai male.

But Workpermits and the Visa's if your not married to Thai man will be just as "easy" as for a male.

Edited by brianinbangkok

I am running out of patience with groups of motor=bike, tuk-tuk drivers having a big laugh when I walk past them. Of course, I respond by saying something about their mothers in English or (in Thai) "No, you are." The "No, you are" usually quiets things down immediately.

So you insult a group of Thai M/C drivers or Tuk Tuk drivers with insulting comments about their mothers in Thai, and this quitened things down ? :o

Absolute rubbish.

I agree that the UK is becoming more right wing, but that is mainly because the people are getting sick of being regarded as a soft touch by every immigrant (legal or not) that arrives to take advantage of the benefit system and making no contribution at all.....

Did Clarkson put you up to that?!

Visa rules aren't crazy if you apply for a one year visa in your home country.

If you're feeling flush and don't want to fly home to do it then about 23,000 baht to a visa firm in BKK will courier the passport back to the UK and get you a 1 year visa while you smile all the way to the border :o

I am starting to seriously distance myself from the farang who spew all this negative bs and venom against anything and everything. They drag all nearby into their misery machine and it gets you nowhere.

Be creative, keep out of the shit and don't worry about Thailand being quirky, group-minded or anti-white man. Because those three factors are only a problem if you let it become a problem.

Do let it worry you, live your life and all should tumble itself out in the end :D

If you are in Thailand and courier your passport back to the UK that is highly illegal and may get you a jail sentence. And if you wanted to do that 23,000 is a ridiculous amount of money. You could fedex your passport to you mum and get her to apply for a business visa, just with letter headed paper saying you are exporing business opportunities in Asia - dead easy.

Youd be better off going to somewhere like Malaysia and doing this because then you are not in Thailand without a passport which they are VERY strict about. When you leave TL with a new TV in there which you got while in the country they have proof of what you did.

I agree that the UK is becoming more right wing, but that is mainly because the people are getting sick of being regarded as a soft touch by every immigrant (legal or not) that arrives to take advantage of the benefit system and making no contribution at all.....

Did Clarkson put you up to that?!

Who is Clarkson? Jeremy? What's he got to do with it?

If you disagree with my statement, then please say so, because I have no idea what you mean by "Did Clarkson put you up to that?!"

Who is Clarkson? Jeremy? What's he got to do with it?

If you disagree with my statement, then please say so, because I have no idea what you mean by "Did Clarkson put you up to that?!"

You obviously missed the Clarkson thread a few weeks back.

And yes I do disagree with your statement.

It is very difficult for Thais to go to Western countries such as Australia because of several concerns our immigration people have about what they will do when they get there and whether they will leave when they're supposed to.

However, if they are accepted as migrants into Australia (about 25,000 now), they have all the rights of a native-born Australian, such as the right to work with equal rights, buy land, open a business and so on.

It is very easy for Westerners to come to Thailand, and by a variety of methods stay here indefinitely. But we will never be granted the equality (land, business opportunities) that we we offer to legitimate Thai migrants who settle in our countries.

Different countries, different priorities, different rules. Neither side is in a position to decry the other as being xenophobic.

Back to the original question: do they want us here? The answer to that seems to be the same as everything else in Thailand; they don't give a rat's ass one way or the other. Of course they'll take our money if it's available , but they won't get up early to try to take it (as they would in Vietnam, for example). They leave us alone -- we're a blank, a zero on their scale, we don't really exist, we are not Thai, so we don't "understand" Thai-ness.

To sum it up, we were, are and always will be 'farang'*. Tolerated but not accepted, if that makes any sense.

* I'm deliberately generalizing. Long-term Thai-speaking residents shouldn't get on my case about this post, you each know what your individual status is without any help from me....

They leave us alone -- we're a blank, a zero on their scale, we don't really exist, we are not Thai, so we don't "understand" Thai-ness.

Exactly. If you can't emotionally handle that, this may not be the place for you.

Of course, you could try the Thai-ier than thou route, and appear as a buffoon to both Thais and foreigners. Up to you.

Edited by Jingthing

Hm nice poilte response there!!

My wife who lives in Bangkok takes care of our small business there and cannot really afford to leave it for any length of time so she would be unable to come to the UK and get a UK passport etc. I can't go there full time as I am under 50 and dont have enough CASH (plenty of assets) to stay there permanently. So for the next few years we have to stay apart quite a lot. I would appreciate a visa that lets me come and go a bit more easily although the Non O is quite good at the moment unless they start messing about with that one. I really think they should do some type of visa for foreigners married to Thais after 5 years of marriage too and can prove a relationsip really exists. Currently I come over twice a year for 2-3 months per time and have done this now for about 3 years.

Although my wife has been here to the UK and liked it she really didnt like the cold one bit, its also not easy for her to get a visa to do this, a UK passport would be great for her to travel freely but we just cant manage it with the business. I think you need to stay n the UK about 2 years etc although i did read it could be done over a few years visits accruing time here? Still no good option for us at the moment.

I see if a farang woman marries a Thai man life is much easier for her??

Additionaly she can go straight on the house registration papers and can bypass the PR process and apply for a Thai passport after 5 years.

almost a moot point here. not many western females want to lower their stNDARD OF LIVING BY MARRYING THAI!

of course there are 1000s of exceptions. I KNOW I KNOW. ALL HIDING IN THAI CAVES,

Hm nice poilte response there!!

My wife who lives in Bangkok takes care of our small business there and cannot really afford to leave it for any length of time so she would be unable to come to the UK and get a UK passport etc. I can't go there full time as I am under 50 and dont have enough CASH (plenty of assets) to stay there permanently. So for the next few years we have to stay apart quite a lot. I would appreciate a visa that lets me come and go a bit more easily although the Non O is quite good at the moment unless they start messing about with that one. I really think they should do some type of visa for foreigners married to Thais after 5 years of marriage too and can prove a relationsip really exists. Currently I come over twice a year for 2-3 months per time and have done this now for about 3 years.

Although my wife has been here to the UK and liked it she really didnt like the cold one bit, its also not easy for her to get a visa to do this, a UK passport would be great for her to travel freely but we just cant manage it with the business. I think you need to stay n the UK about 2 years etc although i did read it could be done over a few years visits accruing time here? Still no good option for us at the moment.

Additionaly she can go straight on the house registration papers and can bypass the PR process and apply for a Thai passport after 5 years.

almost a moot point here. not many western females want to lower their stNDARD OF LIVING BY MARRYING THAI!

of course there are 1000s of exceptions. I KNOW I KNOW. ALL HIDING IN THAI CAVES,

Just my answer to the statement/question:

Answer is YES it is a lot easier.

Fact few ladies from west make use of this is beside the point.

:o

Well, well, well consider it to be a rather trollish question... tststststststststssssssssssssst.

Those on "Top" are toppled all the time - don';t you listen to the news.... or read the news clippings here on TV?

It's obvious to most ex-pats living in Thailand and those who visit the country regularly that the Thai government are getting more greedy, opportunistic and scheming. Look at the outrageous visa fees and the cost of getting a few days extension and the prohibitive fines if you overstay a short time. Speak to any ex-pat teacher and see how disillusioned they are. The Thais seem to forget it is we farangs who dragged them out of their poverty stricken agrarian backwater with our money spent there over the decades. Now they are 'sitting pretty' they just exploit us. Time will tell when farangs put their two fingers up and go to Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam instead.

Honestly, for people with as arrogant and ignorant attitudes like yours, they can't wait for you to go. What's keeping you neo-sahib? :D

seconded! :)

I hope they will leave for the countries mentioned. These type of farangs give others a bad name.

Well, well, well consider it to be a rather trollish question... tststststststststssssssssssssst.

Those on "Top" are toppled all the time - don';t you listen to the news.... or read the news clippings here on TV?

Right.

meet the new boss same as the old boss.