Current Waiting Times

Need to go to Suan Plu tomorrow to renew my extension of stay, would be grateful for an idea of the current waiting times.

Due to other commitments cannot get there until after 10.00, am I better waiting until after lunch?

Thanks

Need to go to Suan Plu tomorrow to renew my extension of stay, would be grateful for an idea of the current waiting times.

Due to other commitments cannot get there until after 10.00, am I better waiting until after lunch?

Thanks

They close for lunch from 1200 to 1300. By that I mean they all just s*d off and leave you sitting around with no explanation offered. If you get there at 1000 you might get seen before the lunch break if you are lucky.

If you go just after 1300 you are guaranteed a long wait while they catch up after lunch. However on one occasion when I got there at 1430 I was told there were over 70 people waiting and there was no chance I would be seen that day.

There is no easy answer. I'd go at 1000 and hope for the best. If you haven't been seen by 1200 slope off and get some lunch yourself.

Did my 90 day report at Rasa Tower today at 1030 and there were 14 in queue but 3 people were working instead of the normal one so only took about 20 minutes. I expect you will have a 3 hour or so wait at Suan Phlu for extension of stay at that time. I would get ticket and see - probably go to lunch and return. Things seem to speed up after 1300, with a lot of open numbers.

Arrived at 09.45 and left with my extension at 13.30.

When they went off for lunch I was two numbers away.

Same thing happened to me last time. When they resumed at 1300 I was finished and out of the building by twenty past.

It's the same queue. The delay is getting to the desk. Normal processing time is probably 10 minutes for retirement and perhaps twice that for marriage. But both car vary greatly from customer to customer (depending mostly on how prepared the applicant is).

JamesD

Are you getting nervous again about getting youir extension next month.

Did you read this topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Trip-Report-...lu-t259221.html

You don't need to get the letter from the bank the same day at Suan Plu.

Get the letter the day before and be there early and you will be done in short order.

If I were to get there at 09.30am (collecting bank letter first), does anyone think I'd be out before lunchtime (12 noon) for a marriage extension?

Depends on how many people have the same idea on the day. You really can't say one way or the other. If its a hassle for you to get to Suan Phlu, go as early as you can and hope for the best.

It's easy for me to get to Suan Phlu. There have been occassions when there have been so many waiting I've just gone home and tried again the next day.