Required Informations And Documents Non Immigrant O - Visiting Friends

Just got he information, that some consulates are giving out the Non Immigrant O 1 year Multi Visa if you are visiting friends.

So my question now is, what informations they are asking you for handing out such a Visa and if there are any required documents.

Further more I would like to ask you if the fees for a Non Imm. O Visa for visiting friends are the same as a regular Non Imm. O Visa for, let´s say visiting your wife/fiance or whatever....

I guess so.

The required documents vary from one consulate to another. You should give the consulate where you plan to apply a call.

The fee for the non-O visa is the same regardless of the purpose for the visit you indicate on the application form.

--

Maestro

Do you know if there is a record about me in the system of the consulates, if I are trying to apply for a visa that will not be issued?

I heard that every consulate thinks and works differently about issuing visas. some will decline your application right away and others will give you your stamps in a couple of minutes.

My concern is that if I go to one consulate and they say no, the second one maybe sees it in the files or their system that I was applying before already and is wondering why I am trying it again somewhere else and declines it, too.

Do they charge the fees just for an applied Visa or also if it has been decline, because they had to do the same work?

Consulates do not inform other consulates when they turn you down for a visa.

Generally, consulates do not refund visa application fees when a visa is denied. That’s why you should call first. There have been good reports about the Thai consulates in Stuttgart and Munich.

--

Maestro

Are there any reviews about the consulate in Hamburg?

Would be easier for me to get it done there, because I am living around Hamburg, but I did also read that Stuttgart is a good place to go for Visas.

They are accepting postal visa application also, i guess

called one of the consulates yesterday and talked about the visa. they told me what they need for applying the visa.

will get the stuff they need and hopefully they will grant me the visa....

wish me good luck :o

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to inform you guys that i received my visa....

called the consulate today to check my case and they said they granted me a multi visa.....

i still don´t believe it until my passport is sent back and arrives here with some nice stamps....it was just too easy :D

passport should arrive today or tomorrow. hopefully they gave me the correct visa :)

it was munich....heard from somebody else that he and all his friends are getting their visa for years already and do never get rejected.

so that was the information i needed to choose munich where my application should be sent to :D

wish everybody else good luck with their visa applications. it worked for me, so why shouldn´t it work for you, too :)

got my passport back today.

everything is fine and it truely is the correct visa :)

anyhow...so I got a multi non immigrant visa now, but does it expire from the issuing date to exactly next year or does it start with my first entry to the next year?

got my passport back today.

everything is fine and it truely is the correct visa :)

anyhow...so I got a multi non immigrant visa now, but does it expire from the issuing date to exactly next year or does it start with my first entry to the next year?

From the first entry I guess but let the experts correct me

It expires one year from the date of issue. That is what the enter before date should be.

And you can do a bonus 30 days on your visa if you do a border run the day before it expires (15 months). :)

ok thank you guys.

so i wasn´t wrong...

got to get a ticket quickly for not loosing too much time on my visa :)

know since i have the visa i am thinking....what other benefits do i have next to 90 days? just the possibility to open a bank acc. without so many probs?

I finally got my Non Immigrant O Visa and am now wondering which benefits I have with that Visa instead of a regular Visa.

I know that I can stay longer and more often with that Visa, but what else is better or easier with it?

any idea?

I merged you new topic into this existing topic. No need to start a new one.

You mentioned a bank account already.

If you found a job you could get a work permit with the visa entry you will have. Then if you wanted to you get an extension of stay. You could not do this if you had a tourist visa without possibly leaving the country to get a new visa.

If you have a reason to get an extension of stay you can do it with the visa you have.

You don't have to worry about getting a new visa for almost 15 months.

With a tourist visa to stay for 90 days you would have to make a trip every entry to immigration and pay 1900 baht every time. Then get a new visa after 6 or 9 months after the visa is issued depending upon how many entries you get.

I merged you new topic into this existing topic. No need to start a new one.

You mentioned a bank account already.

If you found a job you could get a work permit with the visa entry you will have. Then if you wanted to you get an extension of stay. You could not do this if you had a tourist visa without possibly leaving the country to get a new visa.

If you have a reason to get an extension of stay you can do it with the visa you have.

You don't have to worry about getting a new visa for almost 15 months.

With a tourist visa to stay for 90 days you would have to make a trip every entry to immigration and pay 1900 baht every time. Then get a new visa after 6 or 9 months after the visa is issued depending upon how many entries you get.

sorry, was in a hurry and forgot that i have already written it here :D

thanks for deleting it. and i was wondering what happened to it :)

I didn't delete it is here in this topic now.

You were to quick. I planned on sending you a message to let you know what I did.

Any more questions?

sorry, then i got it wrong...

At the moment I don´t have any further questions. The only thing I would like to know about is contacting an immigration office within the first 24 hours.

I read that I do have to contact them if I have a Non Immigrant O Visa and that most hotels will do it for you, but not all are willing to.

As I am not sure if I will take a hotel for a couple of days and search for a room in that time or if I will take a room I already found directly.

Do I have to go to the immigration office that is the nearest to my planned address or am I free to choose in the first time?

Do not be concerned with reporting to immigration. The rule is not enforced and if you fill out the form and take it to immigration they may just toss it in the trash.

You will be reporting your address when you fill out your arrival card and give it to immigration at the airport. Also be sure when you fill out the card you put your visa number on it. This is to be sure they give you a 90 day stamp. But do check your stamp before you leave tha arrivals area they have been known to make mistakes.

Hotels, guest houses, apartments and etc. are required to report all foreign guests to immigration. Some do others do not. But it is not your concern.

The only thing you have to do is leave every 90 days and re-enter the country for another 90 days and enjoy your time here.