Opening A New Bank Account In Thailand

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard from many people that claim to have opened a bank account with no more than a passport. I have heard the passport and a letter from the embassy. I got denied at Siam Commercial Bank in the mall with a current non O visa, a letter of employment (not in thailand), Thai drivers license, a letter from the embassy, and my wife standing there with her account book from that bank. I have come to the conclusion that it is only the branch you go to as to weather they will give you an account or not. It has been about 2 years since I tried last. I am coming home in a couple of weeks and want to try again. Can everyone who has a bank account in BKK please leave me some info so I can make a list of places to try.

1) Branch name and location that let you open the account.

2) What documentation you had to provide to open the account.

KASIKORN BANK Seacon Square branches just take some money and passport SCB are no good there, the decision is down to the individual branch manager even if the banks policy is different.

Bangkok Bank in the ground floor of Siam Paragon opens (savings) accounts (with debit card) for foreigners. All you need is an address in Thailand, your passport and a letter from your embassy/consulate (they will try to call your embassy/consulate so make sure you go to the bank at a time when YOUR embassy/consulate is open).

I found Kasikorn Bank to be the easiest - they opened 3 (savings) accounts for me (Euro, Bath and US$). All I had to present to them was my passport, an address in Thailand and I deposited my cash with them there and then.

The only problem that I have with Kasikorn bank is: I can check my Thai bath account online and transfer money from that account BUT I cannot access my Euro or Dollar accounts online - that is what I really wanted the most... Every time I want to stock up my Bath account I have to go into the bank and withdraw the Euros (or dollars), exchange those and pay the money into the Bath account. I'm not at all pleased with that.

Unfortunately due to the language barrier, nobody at the bank was able to explain to me WHY I cannot use online banking for my Euro and dollar accounts. Can anybody here shed some light on that or better still, suggest a bank in Thailand that DOES offer online banking for Euro and Dollar accounts?

Bangkok Bank offers internet access to its foreign currency deposit accounts. You can view foreign currency accounts and transfer funds from USD or Euro accounts to THB account online. Check out its website bangkokbank.com

Whilst helpful - I suspect Thaivisa could use an official sponser? I certainly could use some help! One of our hard fought internet logons does not work, I now need to fix that in April. How long is this going to take? to sort out an account when you own a Condominium in Bangkok?

I am a Canadian with an education visa I had read about TMB bank here. I went Tuesday with my passport to the St. Louis Hospital Branch on Sathorn at Surasak. They photocopied my passport front page and the visa page and took down my address and asked me to return the following day. I did yesterday I wanted the account savings that gives you the bank/abm card for $300. Bhat. Yesterday they had me sign the usual forms, to set up the account, gave me my card, showed me how to use it. I made a small deposit and paid them 300 Bhat cash set up fee. The told me that in one year they would take out a further $200 bhat from the account and that was that. There is no charge to use the card, at the bank, and possibly no charge at any bank to use it in Thailand. They gave me a passbook, showed me how to use the bank machine etc.....Thats that. I would recommend them and will give you the managers name if you like. They dont speak a lot of English but will go out of their way to accomodate you.

• 2 weeks later...

Today Thursday 11 Feb 2010

I and the g/f walked into Bangkok Bank branch to open an account. The man at the desk went off to talk to a superior and the g/f heard them talking. The discussion was, basically, that they did not know what to do to open the account. They sent us down to the main branch where everything was done without a hitch.

Passport only for me and I.D. from the g/f.

Non O visa for 1 year.

Account in my name only.

Verified I can go to the bank and use my Barclays Bank visa card to transfer funds. Now no need to use ATMs at an average cost of 2,800 Baht per month !! Saving on the % charged by Visa and also on the 150 Baht fee each time.

Added bonus.

I was given a 100,000 Baht life insurance policy valid for one year. Part of a special promotion on offer.

Further, as I am a UK resident, I can also transfer funds from my Barclays account in the UK to the London branch of Bangkok Bank.

I am happier now :)

edit - to add I have 1 year Non O visa.

went to bangkok bank in siam paragon armed with a passport and immigrant O visa. i wasn't able to open an account, they said i would need a letter from the british embassy confirming my address in thailand.

i then went to kasikorn bank in paragon. i asked to open an account, they said it's not possible without a work permit. i explained many people have opened bank accounts without work permits as long as they had an immigrant O visa. i also explained i have a daughter here and after i showed them the birth certificate it was plain sailing after that. i received a debit card and was told i can use it to open a paypal account after i recieve an online banking password.

Re the question of opening a Thai Bank account, I personally visit every year and have alot of Bhat leftover on returning to Aus so I went into a Bank in Chiang Rai where I spend the most Time, Took my Passport and couple of thousand Bhat and opened an Account by filling in the usual ID papers, enough said I had a Bank Account no problem, Thai Farmers Bank and I used it all over Thailand, Dont see how it is a Problem for anybody else, Oh did have a young Lady with me and she did a bit of interpreting, Good Luck.

FWIW, upon the advice of others here, finally took the step of opening a K-Bank savings acct the other day. Process was smooth. Needed passport (of course), physical address, and 500B or so initial deposit (although I opened it with a bit more). Ordered and initialized VISA ATM debit card (300B first year, 200B each additional year) and Internet banking (no charge) at the same time. Did this while on a Tourist Visa, too.

I'm currently looking at SCB, too, and checking out some of their online and other interesting services not requiring a work permit.

Bangkok Bank? Who needs 'em...

Sorry if I missed it if my question has already been answered, but..

K-bank has a Los Angeles branch in the US. Can I make ACH transfers from my US banks to the LA branch and have those funds available to me at the K-bank here in Thailand? I am trying to avoid both the 150 baht ATM fee on my US bank debit card and international wire transfer fees. Anyone done this? Thanks.

FWIW, upon the advice of others here, finally took the step of opening a K-Bank savings acct the other day. Process was smooth. Needed passport (of course), physical address, and 500B or so initial deposit (although I opened it with a bit more). Ordered and initialized VISA ATM debit card (300B first year, 200B each additional year) and Internet banking (no charge) at the same time. Did this while on a Tourist Visa, too.

I'm currently looking at SCB, too, and checking out some of their online and other interesting services not requiring a work permit.

Bangkok Bank? Who needs 'em...

Sorry if I missed it if my question has already been answered, but..

K-bank has a Los Angeles branch in the US. Can I make ACH transfers from my US banks to the LA branch and have those funds available to me at the K-bank here in Thailand? I am trying to avoid both the 150 baht ATM fee on my US bank debit card and international wire transfer fees. Anyone done this? Thanks.

OK - On the correspondent bank issue and sorry I have submited a double post as this info is also posted here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bank-Rate-Po...04#entry3065704

The correspondent bank for Bangkok Bank in the UK is the branch at:

61 St Mary Axe

London, EC3A 8

020 79294422

I visited there this morning, and am an existing customer at their head office branch in Bangkok.

There is not one cash point, passbook update, or cash deposit machine to be seen.

Whist I can see that a Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand could issue a cashier's cheque in Stirling, the UK branch simply cannot, I was told to go to Thomas Cook down the road.

They did understand about PUPID (Pay Upon Proper Id) but only from Thailand to UK perspective and indeed under unusual circumstances. Like a student makes an emergency call home because he/she has spent their allowance.

You an also receive funds without a Bangkok Bank account using what is called in the industry PUPID (Pay Upon Proper ID). Please see teh website regarding funds transfer, receiving funds from overseas and the checklist on "getting your money faster"

Tips are

"Faster Service

• For the same day payment service, payment instructions must reach Bangkok Bank by 4.00 pm* and be correctly formatted with complete details.
  • If you are an international traveler without a Bangkok Bank account and wish to receive funds from abroad in cash, please remind the person who is sending the funds to specify your passport number, telephone number and address in Thailand in the payment instruction.
  • If you are a Bangkok Bank account holder, make sure that you advise the remitter to specify the correct account name and account number as it appears on your accounts - errors may cause delays.
  • Instruct the remitter to send the funds via a Bangkok Bank correspondent bank. Please phone (66) 0-2685-7777 for more information."

They can send up to 500 GBP cash to your account. There is a 15 GBP fee for a 5 working day service, and for the first transaction you need to produce proof of address and passport. They can transfer up to 4,000 GBP for a 15 GBP fee again for a 5 working day service, but you need to give them a cheque and additionally provide three months of pay slips, plus lots of other information.

All in all the 3.00 GBP tube fare, fees, hassle, and quite frankly I got the impression 'why are you wasting our time with this trivia' sort of means they are useless to us. They are there for business, full stop.

I did also ask if they could do the paperwork for providing proof of foreign funds for purchasing a Farang quota condo. They said no.

So no use for retail banking/services, at all! But at least I did get to see the Gherkin close up, so it was fun.

BTW The FET and associated bank documents was just a hiccup in my case.

In the past month I've had a good experience opening further accounts with Thai banks that I already have accounts. In fact with the Government Savings Bank, I was offered an account in Bkk as the branch I opened the account was in Khorat. Be interesting to hear of other peoples experiences of opening further bank accounts with a Thai bank they already have an account...

When I opened the GSB account in Khorat the manager of the bank was very interested in the fact that I was looking at his book of repossessed property and licking his lips at the prospect of some sort of commission or overcharging from that. Never intended to do that and was just curios and using this as a way to help getting an account. I do remember that they had difficultly entering my passport no into their internal system as I think it would only accept Thai ID card nos. They called Bkk and were told what to do.

I dont really recommend GSB as they don't presently have internet banking, but they do have some good rates for fixed deposit accounts - better than some of the other banks and their offers during the Chinese New Year,

If anyone knows if/when GSB will be offering internet banking, I would be very interested to hear.

If you have a thai bank account that you dont use very often and have internet banking, I would suggest you search google for some local same bank account nos, that you can do a transfer of 1 baht ever 11 months, to keep your bank account alive. I recall somewhere that the banks can now charge a dormant/inactive account. The bank of ayuddia/Krungsri charges 50 baht a month after 1 year of inactivity. With the other Thai bank accounts I have, they have various amounts of time before they become inactive and you need to do an over the counter transaction - note here it is better to do a withdrawal initially. I say this as I didt use a Bangkok Bank account for over 2 years and did a deposit. It was only when I made a withdrawal later that I was told the account was inactive and they made it active again.

FYI I have trawled the net and have a list of bank account nos, with bank names and their location, for anyone who wants to do a 1 baht transfer to keep their account alive.

There are posts on here of people having significant problems if leaving their bank account for a long time.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has opened a CIMB Thai account on the basis of having an account with them in another country. FYI I opened an account with Public Bank in Vientaine, Laos and then got an account with Public Bank in Malaysia, on the basis of having an account with them in Laos and being interested in the Malaysia My 2nd Home Program (not true). Public Bank are now CIMB after a merger of parent companies in Malaysia a few years ago.

I am fed up with bkk bank sukumvit soi 43 branch, requiring a zillion documents plus WP to transfer money out of the country, and IF they approve you, will only allow 70% of what you request. Also wanted to clear a cheque i have from Canada, filled out all the forms, ready to pay 32USD and they said, "oh sorry, you have to go back to the branch where you originally opened an account" way the f### out at laksi for christs sake!

I walked into Kasikorn at Chongnonsi BTS, to open an account no WP was no problem, to transfer 500,000B to Canada, no problem, but they said would have to send in two installments, at 1300.B charge/transaction. They said also, you must state the reason for sending as 'family support'.

How does that charge of 1300. seem? Fair, better, worse than other banks? Bangkok bank just pissed me off the way they made me feel like I was money laundering, acting suspicious, like it was their money and not mine.

So Kasikorn it is. Forgot to ask them if they could clear a Canadian cheque, anyone know about that? 32USD charge and 30-45days processing time like bkk bank?

Also, how can I transfer all of my savings from Bkk bank to Kasikorn?

Thanks.

So Kasikorn it is. Forgot to ask them if they could clear a Canadian cheque, anyone know about that? 32USD charge and 30-45days processing time like bkk bank?

Also, how can I transfer all of my savings from Bkk bank to Kasikorn?

Thanks.

Ask Kasikorn. :D:)

These are questions that only the bank can answer, not us. :D

Any update about opening a bank account in Bangkok ? where did you go around sukhumvit / petchaburi ?

'frenchfarangjomtien' - 'GungaDin's' reply is actually he cannot believe you said that. The answer is on this pinned thread on the first few pages :D

Any update about opening a bank account in Bangkok ? where did you go around sukhumvit / petchaburi ?

You must be joking! :)

Re the question of opening a Thai Bank account, I personally visit every year and have alot of Bhat leftover on returning to Aus so I went into a Bank in Chiang Rai where I spend the most Time, Took my Passport and couple of thousand Bhat and opened an Account by filling in the usual ID papers, enough said I had a Bank Account no problem, Thai Farmers Bank and I used it all over Thailand, Dont see how it is a Problem for anybody else, Oh did have a young Lady with me and she did a bit of interpreting, Good Luck.

Firstly, well done for having a lot of Baht left over! :)

Can I ask you what they required? You got a non-imm visa? No letter from the consulate/embassy? Just passport, a pen, someone to translate and some money?

I'm asking because I need to do the same thing in Chiang Rai and want to have everything I need to avoid the 120km round trip to get any missing documentation!

Also, can you transfer from your home country bank online with TFB?

Cheers,

Biff

• 3 weeks later...

I ventured down to Kasikorn on Sukhumvit Soi 33 as per advice from this topic, the teller seemed somewhat amused that I had travelled from Haui Khwang to open an account!

He told me that anyone can open a savings account with Internet banking and a Visa Debit card so long as you bring a passport...

I only entered on a 30 day tourist visa and this wasn't a problem.

After a conversation in Thai, later translated to me, it appears any branch should open but some often refuse due to not knowing how...

Card was given to me immeadiately (usual THB300 charge) and Internet banking details were emailed to me the following day.

A year ago I opened a Kasikorn THB bank account in Chiang Mai. Immediately received a KWEB visa card which allows me to buy stuff online worldwide and has very good security features. I had no WP, only a tourist visa.

About 9 months later the bank called and said they wanted to visit me at my house, ok... so the same day the bank manager, a couple other managers, and two other staff all appeared at my house and offered me and my (thai) wife a "Wisdom" platinum card. While I wasn't interested in the card, the perks were attractive. When I told them I had no WP, they were taken aback, however they were so determined to give me this credit card that they somehow figured out how to do it, and I received the card a week later -- they did all the paperwork, I just signed a few documents. They have since returned to my house several times offering different term investments and such. It's kind of annoying, frankly, having them pop round regularly, but all in all I've been pretty impressed with their service.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a bit of a strange problem with Bangkok Banks Bualuang iBanking service. When I registered I did not have a Thai mobile phone number, so left this blank. But when you try to set up a transfer to a third party (you can only select from a predetermined list) you need to activate the SMS facility (see below). So I bought a simple 99 THB AIS card (lasts one month). Unfortunatly the Thai mobile number needs to match the number you registered. No number v.s. my new number did of course not match. In this case you need to go into a branch to amend these details.

You need to print out/or request the forms from the branch for an account change to resubmit a new mobile phone number

http://www.bangkokbank.com/download/BiBamendmentform.pdf

This process takes about 5 working days.

Next holiday I might be able to set up a payment for my condominium fees - This is inching forwards guys! Critical to kick the process off day one of your holiday with a visa on arrival or tourist visa and 99 THB Sim card!

To set up a third part transfer here are the instructions:

"SMS can only be sent to mobile phone AIS, DTAC, True Move and Hutch."

------

"Regarding your inquiry about unable to transfer to third party account, please

be inform that if you would like to register 3rd Bangkok Bank account or

transfer to 3rd party other bank account, you can register it online by yourself.

It has 2 steps for processing:

1. Activate the SMS authentication service in the Preference page.

By confirming your mobile phone number (it has to match with the number

that was original registered (or subsequently amended) with Bualuang

iBanking), the bank will confirm that it is able to send SMS messages to

you for registration.

2. Register the new account that you want to send funds to in the Transfers page.

The bank will send an SMS to you during this process which includes a One Time Password

that you will be required to enter to confirm that you are the registered user.

To add more third party accounts in the future, only step 2 is required.

There are also options to deactivate the SMS Authentication as well,

if you prefer not to use it.

If your mobile phone number is not already registered in Bualuang iBanking

(check under The Preferences tab/View Contact Information) please update

it using the Bualuang iBanking

Amendment form attached and submit to any branch.

Best regards

Bualuang iBanking"

Has Bangkok Bank finally changed its policy and allow net access with savings account for non work permit bearing farang?

You need to read back through the thread this is a really difficult subject

Apparently the Bangkok Bank is only charging Canadians 20 baht for a withdrawal, and Australians and Americans and Pommes and people I know from Hong Kong, others are withdrawing with no service charge.

Hi Guys literally just back from Bangkok and as promised whist there checked up on a few things with Bangkok Bank. (We have a joint passbook savings account on a <edit visa on arrival - not tourist visa although these count as the same thing>, phone banking, direct debit facilities (to automatically pay bills etc), get interest, and international debit and separate cash point card (each costs 200 THB per year, local cards are free)) and obviously a passbook.

Charges:

My branch at Bangkok Bank is the head office in Silom. I made a point of withdrawing 10,000 THB from the Bangkok Bank branch in the Central Chidlom store, and updated my passbook the next day. I confirm no charge was made for the withdrawal. (I am UK based).

Internet Banking:

When you open a passbook savings account on a tourist visa is it set to customer type 53. On a 1 year Non immigration visa it is set to type 11.

I did succeed in getting my passbook saving account (type 53 tourist visa based account) upgraded for internet banking.

But it took some effort.

Step 1 - you have to get past the 'meeter and greeter' at the head office. Because they will insist on a work permit – which is not strictly true. I explained that I was unable to pay one off bills for my condominium from my existing account when I am over in the UK.

Step 2 - I was asked to wait to see the senior member of staff on the floor, and she was very helpful. We talked through the possibilities but essentially although I could use my debit card whist in Thailand to pay bills I really needed a way to pay bills remotely and importantly monitor my accounts as there are direct debits (electricity bills) occurring.

The senior lady could not actually do anything because she did not have the authority to upgrade the account because it was type 53.

However she offered to take up the issue in a senior management meeting that evening.

I was invited back the next day but asked to bring along our passports, land registry document (blue book) and the chanote (property ownership document), the brown odd sized Thai legal paper because this has our names on it.

Step 3 – Fill in the forms. They do have them for upgrading your account it can be done. But you have to have a good reason such as paying Thai bills from overseas. This is then authorised 'up the chain'. The process takes about a week or so to complete and to receive your Bualuang iBanking User ID (by email) and PIN (by post).

BTW the lady at Bangkok Banks head office was SRI and she really, really, helped us.

So yes you can get internet banking on a tourist visa at Bangkok Bank, and the bank does have standard forms to do this. Ask for these forms for a type 53 account.

For completness sake Bangkok Banks SWIFT ID is BKKBTHBK

IMO A thread that is proving interesting - It investigates the pros and cons of simply giving a Thai bank (in this case Bangkok Bank) a foreign personal cheque (in my case a GBP cheque) the fees involved, rate given v.s. the hassel of filling out SWIFT transfer forms. Some interesting thoughts and answers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Give-Thai-Ba...nk-t355952.html

I need to open a Foreign Currency Deposit account with a bank here in Bangkok. From what I've gathered, it seems the easiest is with Bank of Ayudhya, who only require a passport: http://www.krungsri.com/en/ourservice-excl...ist.aspx?cid=40

Bangkok Bank requires:

* Passport

* Work Permit

If you do not have a work permit, please submit a copy of your passport together with a letter of recommendation as follows:

- A letter of recommendation from a person acceptable to Bangkok Bank such as a Bangkok Bank staff member, a respected customer of Bangkok Bank, a respected university teacher, a respected company director or senior executive. This must be on the form provided by Bangkok Bank (this can be obtained from any Bangkok Bank branch which provides a foreign currency deposit account service) and it must be accompanied by a certified true copy of the identification document e.g. ID card or government official ID card of the person making the recommendation; or

- A letter of recommendation from a reputable organization located in Thailand such as an embassy or an international organization; or

- A letter of recommendation from your bank abroad, acceptable to Bangkok Bank, sent to Bangkok Bank via SWIFT

(source: http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/...s/Default.aspx)

Siam Commercial Bank also offers Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts: http://www.scb.co.th/en/pnb/pnb_dps_fcd.shtml

But their web site does not specify requirements. Does anyone know what documents are required?

Kasikorn Bank also offers Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts: http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Ba...entAccount.aspx

But it seems they require a Temporary Work Permit. Also, a minimum balance of 5000 USD must be maintained otherwise a 10 USD monthly charge is applied.

So if any of you have opened a Foreign Currency Deposit Account in Thailand, what documents did you need to show?

Which other banks offer Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts?

I may go ahead with the Bank of Ayudhya account if that appears to be the easiest one to open.

Also, does anyone know if banks (both sending bank and receiving bank) need to report large transfers to the authorities? Is there a threshold, e.g. 10K or 20K USD? Would it be better to break large amounts into smaller deposits just to avoid any hassle/scrutiny?

Also, does anyone know if banks (both sending bank and receiving bank) need to report large transfers to the authorities? Is there a threshold, e.g. 10K or 20K USD? Would it be better to break large amounts into smaller deposits just to avoid any hassle/scrutiny?

Bangkok bank does say:

Transfer limits and regulations

The Bank of Thailand imposes no limits on how much money you can bring into Thailand, however we will need to notify them of the reason for the transfer.

it's on the website: http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/...unds%20new.aspx

I need to open a Foreign Currency Deposit account with a bank here in Bangkok. From what I've gathered, it seems the easiest is with Bank of Ayudhya, who only require a passport: http://www.krungsri.com/en/ourservice-excl...ist.aspx?cid=40

Bangkok Bank requires:

* Passport

* Work Permit

If you do not have a work permit, please submit a copy of your passport together with a letter of recommendation as follows:

- A letter of recommendation from a person acceptable to Bangkok Bank such as a Bangkok Bank staff member, a respected customer of Bangkok Bank, a respected university teacher, a respected company director or senior executive. This must be on the form provided by Bangkok Bank (this can be obtained from any Bangkok Bank branch which provides a foreign currency deposit account service) and it must be accompanied by a certified true copy of the identification document e.g. ID card or government official ID card of the person making the recommendation; or

- A letter of recommendation from a reputable organization located in Thailand such as an embassy or an international organization; or

- A letter of recommendation from your bank abroad, acceptable to Bangkok Bank, sent to Bangkok Bank via SWIFT

(source: http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/...s/Default.aspx)

Siam Commercial Bank also offers Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts: http://www.scb.co.th/en/pnb/pnb_dps_fcd.shtml

But their web site does not specify requirements. Does anyone know what documents are required?

Kasikorn Bank also offers Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts: http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Ba...entAccount.aspx

But it seems they require a Temporary Work Permit. Also, a minimum balance of 5000 USD must be maintained otherwise a 10 USD monthly charge is applied.

So if any of you have opened a Foreign Currency Deposit Account in Thailand, what documents did you need to show?

Which other banks offer Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts?

I may go ahead with the Bank of Ayudhya account if that appears to be the easiest one to open.

I have two Bangkok Bank accounts and a Siam Commercial account. I opened two them at least four years ago. I had to show my one year visa and of course my passport. They wanted to see a work permit, but I have an O-A visa, it says employment prohibited. I had to open another Bangkok Bangkok last year, because international internet transfers were being closely looked at and deemed illegal. I used to be able to transfer I think $40,000 USD a day. But Bank of America suspended my Bangkok Bank transfers. I argued with them for months as it wasn't international, because Bangkok Bank has a New York branch. Actually google that and it gives you all the fee's and information, So, I got a new account number and it all works again. Although the fee's went up, only on the Bangkok Bank side as they didn't charge me anything before. But, if you're getting government pensions or Social Security payments, you must open a foreign deposit account and must personally go to the bank each month to make sure it's you receiving the money. Or deposit it to B of A then transfer over the internet. New security rules on that front though. You must have a US cell phone number in Thailand to get an SMS code if you want to transfer more than $1,000 at a time. But I do, as well as a Thai phone number if you want to add a 3rd party account to pay someone online with Bangkok Bank online service. Nothing is easy, since the bank meltdown! And yes as someone else said; $10,000 or more is reported and questioned.

HAHAHAH I love it~!

Listen man your experience is JUST LIKE MINE!

***I GOT 3 BANK ACCOUNTS IN 4 DAYS WITH NO WORK PERMIT****

Im Italian with a Business , B Visa!

Listen up, this is how I did it.

Bangkok bank: Dusit branch nakhon chai si. lady asked if i had work permit i said "no, but my lawyer said i dont need one, just a passport and driver license." she goes and checks her book, and asked if i had house registration, i said YES. I got my yellow book here!

She didnt ask for the license but i have my Italy one anyway. .... several banks said no to me on my way to bkk bank.

ok so got it.

then yesterday at MBK i asked Kasikorn bank and they said NO , need work permit.

Then i walk over to Sathorn, they said yes, and all i had was my PP and COPY of house reg. they said i can get a visa credit card after 6 months of having a account..

Kasikorn says yes today! Im at wireless road and stop in ... cuz my bro said yesterday he got an account there at Ekamai on a tourist visa some months back so i said, " i gotta keep trying branches, i know one day they will say yes! haha"

OK get this, Im in japanese flip flops, a bit diry white sleeveless shirt, un shaven face and head (i shave my head so i felt unshaven). i was looking like a hobo ok...

walk in and say can i talk to someone about an account, the little girl says sit down and speaks a bit of english and i say "OK i got house registration (show her copy, not orginal) and a B visa, flip open to the page and show her... she gets up, and gets a form... no questions! sign here and here she says, I DONT EVEN HAVE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION! makes a copy of the passport and not the house reg! it was so fast how she hooked me all up it was like a joke. 10 minutes! bam bam bam im in!

she even signed me up for online banking there.

Got my visa card for 300b and put down 500 and i was outta there. PIECE OF CAKE, KASIKORN ROCKS.

Okay Guys, I went to Kasakorn on Sukumviet yesterday. If I told you all that it took 5 minuets that might be pushing it. Maybe it was the time of day that I went but I got a number and they called me right in. He spoke not a single word of English and it didn't seem to matter anyway. Passport, local address, cell phone number, 500 baht, and sign everywhere he put an X. No questions or small talk what so ever. I was not dressed any way in particular but only jeans and a tucked in collard shirt. He did make a copy of my Thai driver's license with my passport but I don't think it would have mattered if I had it or not. I only pulled it out because I thought it had my address on it. I gave him my wife's business card and he used that address without asking me a word or batting an eye. I got there around 11am and by 12 I was already half pissed across the street at the Bourbon Street Bar slamming down Coronas.

Once again, Thanks for everyones help.

JANG PANG!

Archived