Jsat Tv Reliable ?

AsiaWolfie

did anybody do business with J-SAT ? they advertise in bangkok Post, and i sent them email to call me to make an appointment for a survey at my place, but did not get any response, not by email and not by phone.....are those guys reliable ? seems like they are not really interested in doing business.... are there any other companies doing the same business and interested in getting new satisfied customers ?

did anybody do business with J-SAT ? they advertise in bangkok Post, and i sent them email to call me to make an appointment for a survey at my place, but did not get any response, not by email and not by phone.....are those guys reliable ? seems like they are not really interested in doing business.... are there any other companies doing the same business and interested in getting new satisfied customers ?

I think you need to speak to them, not email them.

They are also very expensive, considering it is the Dynasat package.

Have a look here for more info:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23528&st=0

AsiaWolfie

I have JSAT and it is a great system. I too emailed them and never heard anything back. So I called, left a voicemail, and they came and did the survey. Then they never called me back to see what I thought. So I called 2 times and they called and got the system installed 2 days later. Works wonderful. The owner (John) is a good guy, but he is the one who does a lot of the orientation for the customer (he gives 2 in person lessons, 1 hour each) so he gets busy fast. Has customers in BKK and Pattaya, so I think he must be going crazy. Anyway, great system...but a little slow on the uptake to get the survey and install. Just be persistent and they'll get to you. The squeeky wheel gets the satellite system :o

hmmmm.....this is good news and bad news then.....its okay that the system works fine and they dont cheat, but I wonder why they have ads in the Bangkok Post when they never reply to inquiries.....ya I know , this is Thailand, not Boston or Berlin......SIGH......

• 1 year later...
I wonder why they have ads in the Bangkok Post when they never reply to inquiries.....

The same happened to me, so I took a taxi and went there; I couldn't speak to them, as they were out, so I wrote a message and I'm still waiting for their visit. That was back in 2004 !

They installed my original system and the service was excellent (both before and after sale). I guess that's why they charge a premium.

I mailed them a couple of times recently about upgrading my system and got nothing back. After a call, it turned out my mail was being rejected by their over-efficient spam filter. All sorted now and they'll be round after the holidays.

Not cheap, but I'm happy to pay a bit more for the professionalism. They also have an excellent forum for sorting out hassles and letting people know about new channels available etc. Er...but it seems to be down at the moment...

Not cheap, but I'm happy to pay a bit more for the professionalism. They also have an excellent forum for sorting out hassles and letting people know about new channels available etc.

:o

Many of you may not know that this thread is nearly a year old... since the first OP.

For English language help with satellite TV here in Thailand... there are none better than jsat.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation whatsoever with either the company, the management, the employees, etc of jsat... as a sat TV user myself, I have simply found their information posted on their website extremely useful.

Ok lets have some info on how to get what we want to watch...i.e

English speaking News, Movies, Documentaries, Historical and Sports

Live Football (uk & spanish )

Live Tennis

Live Golf

Live Major sporting events Olympics, World Cup, Ashes Cricket..sorry

Is Jsat or anyone provider the answer to good live coverage of sports, plus the usual package of Movies, News and Documentary type channels??

I used to subscribe to UBC in Thailand but felt it wasn't value for money.

• 1 month later...

What are the benefits over and above UBC..

It is a one off payment for the system NO monthly fees..

Myself I have a MOVE system from them for 3 years, and they linked the new internet connected Dreambox last October, I get 1,366 channels, regardless of weather, 100's are in English

Myself I have a MOVE system from them for 3 years, and they linked the new internet connected Dreambox last October, I get 1,366 channels, regardless of weather, 100's are in English

Any change you could list the channels. Jay

Any change you could list the channels. Jay

And how much did you pay?

I've been using Dynasat from a local CM area guy for a year now and it's been working OK. Gets everything that's on UBC platinum plus other stuff on a Php satellite Agila Ku but I've seen warnings on other threads that this may be re-scrambled in April.

Caveat emptor...

I've been using Dynasat from a local CM area guy for a year now and it's been working OK. Gets everything that's on UBC platinum plus other stuff on a Php satellite Agila Ku but I've seen warnings on other threads that this may be re-scrambled in April.

Caveat emptor...

Cloudhopper, did you get John from Jsat to set it up, what did your system cost all up to recieve with the equivalent of UBC platinum. I am right in the market now, after nearly 15 years of feeding UBC monthly I have finally taken the plunge and cancelled the service, their attitude at S..mTV, poorly explained transfer sale or whatever-it-was change to TrueVision was the step that broke the camels back.

Now a month later I do miss my relaxing time in front of the box. But, still remain confused as to a simple package, 1 or 2 dishes, moveable, not moveable etc, where the coding is comming from, internet connection required, estimated setup cost in Chiangmai and ongoing costs for decoding to achieve the UBC equivalent. If I can only get the same as WeTV then it's not worth it. Any help appreciated. I found John at jsat did not want to service Chiangmai, but he was pleasant to talk too.

Caveat emptor...

Cloudhopper, did you get John from Jsat to set it up, what did your system cost all up to recieve with the equivalent of UBC platinum. I am right in the market now, after nearly 15 years of feeding UBC monthly I have finally taken the plunge and cancelled the service, their attitude at S..mTV, poorly explained transfer sale or whatever-it-was change to TrueVision was the step that broke the camels back.

Now a month later I do miss my relaxing time in front of the box. But, still remain confused as to a simple package, 1 or 2 dishes, moveable, not moveable etc, where the coding is comming from, internet connection required, estimated setup cost in Chiangmai and ongoing costs for decoding to achieve the UBC equivalent. If I can only get the same as WeTV then it's not worth it. Any help appreciated. I found John at jsat did not want to service Chiangmai, but he was pleasant to talk too.

I went to Jsat with the idea they installed in CM- no sorry no luck so I went with a local supplier full story here.

techsat

feel free to PM me for more details

Don