Nzi Global Healthcare Plan

UmpaLumpa

i am considering signing up, they are very expensive so i would like to hear some feedback.

have any of you had some good or bad experience with them?

thanks!

NZI Insurance is on the approved list for Thai Visa Insurance Brokers, and we are happy to say they have a strong base and good record.

For quotations for NZI and other companies please go to : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

They are very good. I was with them in years gone past but their fees went up quite quickly at one point, so I gave them away. I'm with William Russel now, who provide a similar level of policy,though in my case (family) it works out better with William Russel than NZI.

Not quite the feedback your looking for but I guess worth sharing.

I'm aware that their farang resident manager, Nick, is very approachable, a good listener, very fair, very customer focused, monitors things very carefully, and always quickly on top of anything that looks like it could be a problem.

that's good to know, thanks, but what i'm more interested in is knowing is they are thrustworthy in case a serious claim is submitted, not the usual 30-40k stuff.. i'm wondering, since it's really an expensive plan, will they cover in case something REALLY seiruos happens? after looking Moore's movie, i'm not so sure anymore.

I had a claim with them 3 years ago. BNH hospital for 7 days and NZI took care of everything. there rep came to visit me and said Icould of had a much better room in the hospital if I wanted and they would take care of it. they are great and I still use them and I also have signed my son up. they are not cheap but I do feel secure with them.

the claim was only 120k though, but I was looked after.

Edited by onnut

I have used Global Healthcare for a few years now, first started overseas and tansferred to the Thailand office when I moved here. I have been generally satisfied with them. However, I don't quite kow why but they do not seem to have direct billing arrangements like I experienced with the same cover overseas. Here, I pay the bill first and claim later, but when my policy was enrolled overseas, I could just go to the listed hospitals and flash the card, and they take care of it. Maybe they don;t trust th hospitals in Pattaya.

I was with them up until recently. They don't have a cashless system for outpatient treatment and I had to fork out the cash first then wait a month for a refund after providing them with full access to all my hospital files.

For inpatient they do settle directly but unless you've been hit by a lorry, you need to check with them first before you're admitted.

Overall, way too expensive in my opinion.

its true, they are expensive, about 120k for 3 people..

you might find that the premium goes down if you don't elect to take out patient coverage, or increase the co-payment.

I find that with Thai hospital prices, and the frequency of visits, that out patient coverage doesn't provide value.

that's good to know, thanks, but what i'm more interested in is knowing is they are thrustworthy in case a serious claim is submitted, not the usual 30-40k stuff.. i'm wondering, since it's really an expensive plan, will they cover in case something REALLY seiruos happens? after looking Moore's movie, i'm not so sure anymore.

Those "most serious" are covered by almost any insurance.

What is not covered and you never get anything back are mundane things that you are most likely to need.

Open heart surgeries and kidney transplants are far rarer than dental or regular child needs...all the el-chippos would say - 2-3K baht you pay first. That's most likely what you would ever need. And you get a shit back.

the 120k for 3 persons is only for in-patient, if you want out patient too you have to add another 40-50k, depending on the age of the insured. :)

definetly check out the William Russel option I mentioned then.

We were paying a similar amount for one child and one adult (both in patient only) as well as full in and out patient coverage for my wife, which included maternity cover up to GBP5000 with a 20% deductable (and 28 days full coverage for the newborn after birth - useful if complications!). The level of cover for my wife includes dental and I beleive a free annual check up. The premium would come down quite a bit though if you take out maternity cover.

All packages includes flights home (one per lifetime) in case of death of a close relative

Our experience with them has been great. We have used it for the birth of our second child and they paid the hospital directly for the 80%. We unfortunately had a death in a family and when notified were quite happy to cover airfares and associated costs to get to NZ at short notice (which meant that the ticket price was more expensive than usual).

Other friends who are with them give similarly good feedback.

We had looked around extensively for Thai based insurance cover to the same level, and if they did offer it (most didn't) it was more expensive.

Previous to this myself and my daughter were on a local package with Thai Health (another good brand offerd by TV insurance). However after the first year Thai Health jacked up the rates for all children dramatically, which made us look around. It turned out that with the William Russel expat level cover we were paying less in total for my daughter and I to be covered than we were with a local insurer (Thai health). Go figure!

I know TV insurance has gotten a bit narky with me in the past about plugging William Russell, but to be honest, they are pretty good and TV insurance could do worse than talking to them to be their local broker for their product. We've found it a good one.

Edited by samran

Forgot to mention this as I'd forgotten about it...outpatient claim sent to NZI last week of March. On April 10th, get an email stating they are 'processing' the claim and may require more info from hospital.

I have been away for three weeks and only got back two days ago...this thread reminded me of my outstanding claim. No payment from them, moreover no update on the claim as stated in their last email to me.

This was an outpatient claim for the flu/cough, something like that anyway..

In my opinion this company sucks....was with Bupa(local) previously and they were ten times better whether no matter what type of patient, in or out!

Best of luck to the OP though ..I went with LMG Pacific this year. So far no claims have been made so cannot comment on their service yet.

that's a lot of good info, guys, so basically, no matter how much you pay as a premium, they all suck!

at these prices im starting to think its better to save the money in the bank as precaution and pay if you have to go to the hospital..

that's a lot of good info, guys, so basically, no matter how much you pay as a premium, they all suck!

at these prices im starting to think its better to save the money in the bank as precaution and pay if you have to go to the hospital..

This is what you get for 40K baht a MONTH, valid worldwide:

To compare insurances, see how policy like this would cost you. This is from mine. (have a look at the last item, some would settle for that only!):

(% says how much you pay):

AMBULANCE - GROUND AND AIR 0%

ACUPUNCTURE 0%

ADULT PREVENTIVE: ADULT ROUTINE IMMUNIZATIONS 0%

ADULT PREVENTIVE: ROUTINE PHYSICAL EXAM 0%

CANCER SCREENING: ROUTINE LEAD, MAMMOGRAM, PAP, PSA, COLORECTAL SCREENING 0%

CARDIAC THERAPY 0% CHEMOTHERAPY & RADIATION - INPATIENT & OUTPATIENT 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: AGE 1 THRU 6 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: AGE 7 THRU 17 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: BIRTH TO AGE 1 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE IMMUNIZATIONS: DELAWARE MANDATED 0%

CHIROPRACTOR 0%

DENTAL: BASIC RESTORATIVE, ENDODONTICS, PERIODONTICS, ORAL SURGERY 20%

DENTAL: DIAGNOSTIC GENERAL/PREVENTIVE, X-RAYS 0%

DENTAL: MAJOR RESTORATIVE, PROSTHODONTICS 50%

DENTAL: ORTHODONTICS 50%

DIAGNOSTIC X-RAY 0%

DIAGNOSTIC LAB 0%

DIALYSIS 0%

DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT 0%

HOME HEALTH CARE 0%

HOSPICE 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - INPATIENT ROOM & BOARD, ANCILLARIES 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT ACCIDENT 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT SICKNESS 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT SURGERY, BIRTHING CENTER 0%

INFERTILITY 0%

INFUSION THERAPY 0%

MEDICAL - PHYSICIAN VISIT/ATTENDANCE 0%

NEWBORN - ROUTINE NURSERY 0%

ORTHOTICS 0%

PRE-ADMISSION TESTING 0%

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS 0%

PROSTHETICS 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - INPATIENT PHYSICIAN ATTENDANCE 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - INPATIENT ROOM & BOARD, ANCILLARIES 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - OUTPATIENT TREATMENT 0%

SKILLED NURSING FACILITY 0%

SURGERY/ANESTHESIA 0%

THERAPY: OCCUPATIONAL, PHYSICAL, SPEECH, PHYSIOTHERAPY 0%

TMJ 0%

VISITING NURSE 0%

i think the moderator can close this forum

Before that happens, just look through a full blown insurance (that companies pay for their employees) and cut out what you do not need and see what the quota is for the remaining lot.

When you get that, you will see that the most likely and most mundane things carry 70-80% of the 40,000B price.

Cut them out and there you are - nothing ever recovered, giving birth is 1-2 in lifetime event.

The insurance companies business is betting. The statistics tell them to bet you will not need an open heart surgery or break your backbone but you may get cold/flu, skin rash, toothache, a vaccine for your child.

Edited by think_too_mut

• 2 weeks later...

This is what you get for 40K baht a MONTH, valid worldwide:

To compare insurances, see how policy like this would cost you. This is from mine. (have a look at the last item, some would settle for that only!):

(% says how much you pay):

AMBULANCE - GROUND AND AIR 0%

ACUPUNCTURE 0%

ADULT PREVENTIVE: ADULT ROUTINE IMMUNIZATIONS 0%

ADULT PREVENTIVE: ROUTINE PHYSICAL EXAM 0%

CANCER SCREENING: ROUTINE LEAD, MAMMOGRAM, PAP, PSA, COLORECTAL SCREENING 0%

CARDIAC THERAPY 0% CHEMOTHERAPY & RADIATION - INPATIENT & OUTPATIENT 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: AGE 1 THRU 6 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: AGE 7 THRU 17 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE CARE: BIRTH TO AGE 1 0%

CHILD PREVENTIVE IMMUNIZATIONS: DELAWARE MANDATED 0%

CHIROPRACTOR 0%

DENTAL: BASIC RESTORATIVE, ENDODONTICS, PERIODONTICS, ORAL SURGERY 20%

DENTAL: DIAGNOSTIC GENERAL/PREVENTIVE, X-RAYS 0%

DENTAL: MAJOR RESTORATIVE, PROSTHODONTICS 50%

DENTAL: ORTHODONTICS 50%

DIAGNOSTIC X-RAY 0%

DIAGNOSTIC LAB 0%

DIALYSIS 0%

DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT 0%

HOME HEALTH CARE 0%

HOSPICE 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - INPATIENT ROOM & BOARD, ANCILLARIES 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT ACCIDENT 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT SICKNESS 0%

HOSPITAL/FACILITY - OUTPATIENT SURGERY, BIRTHING CENTER 0%

INFERTILITY 0%

INFUSION THERAPY 0%

MEDICAL - PHYSICIAN VISIT/ATTENDANCE 0%

NEWBORN - ROUTINE NURSERY 0%

ORTHOTICS 0%

PRE-ADMISSION TESTING 0%

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS 0%

PROSTHETICS 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - INPATIENT PHYSICIAN ATTENDANCE 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - INPATIENT ROOM & BOARD, ANCILLARIES 0%

PSYCH/ALCOHOL/DRUG - OUTPATIENT TREATMENT 0%

SKILLED NURSING FACILITY 0%

SURGERY/ANESTHESIA 0%

THERAPY: OCCUPATIONAL, PHYSICAL, SPEECH, PHYSIOTHERAPY 0%

TMJ 0%

VISITING NURSE 0%

40k baht a month about $13,700 dollars a year.......definitely high what are the limits? who is the carrier?

40k baht a month about $13,700 dollars a year.......definitely high what are the limits? who is the carrier?

Any insurance company, including those popping up in the ads will quote you more than that, some double.

13,700$ a year could well be a deal, at 40% discount at corporate rate through my employer, they organized it.