Recommendations In Pattaya For A Replacement

syd barrett

My Nokia mobile phone battery won't hold a charge for more than a few hours so I need to replace the battery.

My first instinct is to go to Nokia Store in Big C and get a genuine replacement at full cost. OR:

Could I go to Tuk Com and get a cheaper battery, either Nokia or a generic equal battery?

The selection of mobile phone shops in Tuk Com is massive. Can anyone recommend specific stores which are good for this?

Thanks for all advice.

I'd also invest in a real one from the Nokia shop. I wouldn't bother with fakes. I have had a fake one before and my phone would always get very very hot when charging with the fake battery and after charging it didn't stay charged for long.

I think my fake one was around 200 baht but it was from Bangkok.

After the batt in my N82 nearly exploded I bought a "genuine" Nokia battery, with hologram and all, at Tukcom for 300 baht. Was told it was same thing, only gray market.

My original N82 battery lasted 3 days. The "genuine" replacement lasts about 10 hours.

I'm now going to back Nokia shop and doing what I -- and you -- should have done from the start.

Got my one from Tuccom, was around 300 Baht and is still going strong for 3 days after more then one year.

If you buy one from Tukcom you'll be taking a chance if it will work well as most are copies, even if the shop says it's an original you still won't know for sure as some copies look identical.

My advice is get one from the Nokia shop and it'll also come with a gaurantee and a receipt.

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks as if the best idea is to go to the original Nokia shop for a replacement.

Anyone any ideas how much a genuine replacement battery is?

Depends which Nokia model you have, but i would expect to pay between 600-1500bt.

syd ... syd ...my friend .

what are you thinking ?

first you want to set up your misses on a som tam / street barrow ... then motorbike renting for her to make a living from and now you you need to save money on a battery for your phone ? ? ? ?

syd ..... if you need to save money that much then you need to say bye bye to your misses and go back home ...... wherever that is ?

coz thailand is FULL of cheap charlies ( kee noow ) already ! ..... we DONT need any more thank you

enjoy .... dave2

what are you thinking ?

first you want to set up your misses on a som tam / street barrow ... then motorbike renting for her to make a living from and now you you need to save money on a battery for your phone ? ? ? ?

syd ..... if you need to save money that much then you need to say bye bye to your misses and go back home ...... wherever that is ?

coz thailand is FULL of cheap charlies ( kee noow ) already ! ..... we DONT need any more thank you

enjoy .... dave2

I put it to you, dave2, that I have never, ever suggested in script, on TV at any time, that my Mrs. consider motorcycle 'renting' as a business.

I put it to you dave2, that you are confabulating information posted on these TV pages.

I, DON'T want to hear any more such ramblings from you and DEMAND a full apology.

what are you thinking ?

enjoy .... dave2

why dont you go home - there are plenty of prick's in Thailand we wont miss one

what are you thinking ?

enjoy .... dave2

I put it to you, dave2, that I have never, ever suggested in script, on TV at any time, that my Mrs. consider motorcycle 'renting' as a business.

I put it to you dave2, that you are confabulating information posted on these TV pages.

I, DON'T want to hear any more such ramblings from you and DEMAND a full apology.

Ignore them Syd - I think there are plenty of us on Thai Visa who enjoy your posts very much - keep up the good work.

what are you thinking ?

enjoy .... dave2

why dont you go home - there are plenty of prick's in Thailand we wont miss one

agreed micksguvara .... .... and syd barreet wont be missed

enjoy ... my friend ! .... dave2

LOL.. I think Micksguvara was referring to YOU to go home Dave2.. Not syd.

With an attitude like yours, I think you are the one who needs to go home and certainly won't be missed.

Edited by Meg_2003

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks as if the best idea is to go to the original Nokia shop for a replacement.

Anyone any ideas how much a genuine replacement battery is?

Depends which Nokia model you have, but i would expect to pay between 600-1500bt.

I went to the Nokia store at Big C today and bought a genuine Nokia battery for 1350 baht. I hope I made the right decision because there were some pretty good-looking new Nokia phones starting at 3,800 baht........