Off The Net For Three Weeks

hey all,

well in three days i am off to korat to catch up to husband; no internet access at all so sbk will moderate here...

i had hoped to actually meet some folks from the board but nienke is too far away (and i am on a very very limited budget), and everyone else is city or also too far away... and i wont get to the two dog shows mangotogo had mentioned as he is showing and i think ponti also (on may 8?)

but while i am in the village i will actually try to concentrate a bit on the village dogs (as u all know i love the 'pariah dog' types)...

leaving my two at home under the care of the original owner of foofoo and backup on weekends.... due to behavioral issues we felt it would be better for foofoo to be at home with a known caretaker then in a boarding kennel... fortunately easier then the two boxers to deal with for all concerned (the lhasas go out off leash -- we have no inner roads- and stick around the house, but they do guard the house as well which is good for while im gone)...

i will spend three weeks looking at long eared cows, buffalos, searching for thai goats, and dying from the humid heat after being here in dry desert heat the past few weeks.....

bina

israel

i will spend three weeks looking at long eared cows, buffalos, searching for thai goats, and dying from the humid heat after being here in dry desert heat the past few weeks.....

bina

israel

Count yourself lucky it's only 3 weeks you have to endure it. I believe the "long eared cows" are oxen.

bina

israel

Count yourself lucky it's only 3 weeks you have to endure it. I believe the "long eared cows" are oxen.

Are you referring to Prince Charles pf England? :)

no, long eared cows are the hump backed thai cow... the longer the ears, the more expensive... its a thai thing as no one can tell me why longer ears are better. they are just prettier. some of the long eared bulls make a fortune standing at stud..we discuss that often in the farmers' forum... if i had the money to waste, i would buy a few, problem being feeding them as anon's family doesnt have enough grazing land and to raise livestock properly, u need proper feeding and not just sporadic grazing.

half of my thailand photos were of dogs, cows and buffalos; not for quaintness but because i really like looking at them, as i love livestock in general...probably what i will do this time also.

i would love to go inside the big dairy outside of korat... to see a thai style one.

btw, oxen are just neutered bulls i.e. bulls that at a young age were castrated to be used as beasts of burden: cows are for milk or babies; bulls are not manageable. oxen are great for this. therefore oxen are only males, but not intact males.

its really a shame cause i prefer visiting kennels and goat sheds to shopping any day... would also have liked to catch mangotogo at the dog show in bangkok, but anon absolutely hates those type of things so could never persuade him..

but next next time maybe , who knows...

bina