Khao San Road Photos

ProfessorFart

FARANG ARRESTED ON 'NURSING' CHARGE

Swedish backpacker Gunnar Gunnarsonn was arrested on Khao San at 7pm yesterday and charged with nursing a bottle of drinking water through no fewer than 4 full-length video movies.

Staff became suspicious after the bearded traveler settled in to watch 'Driller Killer 6' after enjoying back to back showings of 'Chopper Chick Death Squad' and 'The Return of the Exterminator 7" The unwashed gentleman was led away by the extremely long arm of the law and was said to be ecstatic about spending the night on the police station floor. "It sure beats another night at the Sweety Home guest house.

:o

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are freaks in Khao San Road.

I used to be one, so I can't say much against them. This was years ago and I was in my mid 20's. I met some really good "freaks" then as well as the <deleted>.

Young naive and stoned all the time, who cares.

I remember what I thought when I saw a middle aged guy with a Thai girl half his age, Christ what a sad <deleted>, I hope I will never be one of them. I am not now btw.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Live and let live.

Just cause you don't understand someone, doesn't mean you are better than them.

I am glad that I had a free couple of years in my 20's. I know the typical expat who slags off these "freaks". Just trying to justify their weaknesses by putting others down. "He, I live and work here and this is my country, not yours you backpacking scum". I have seen a few different sides of the foreigner in Thailand from the full moon parties on Koh Pan Ngan to the sad alcoholics in Thermae at 6 am. I don't judge them, if they bother me I stay away from them.

I think a lot is jealousy, did you not get a degree? Did you have a morgage and a boring rut of a job when in your 20's? Were you unadventurous/scared of trying something new?

What about the Thai people on KSR? they annoyed me more on my last visit there, which I didn't want to do but had to. They are the scum of the locals.

When one restaurant owner shouted a derogatory remark at one middle aged smartly dressed guy minding his own business, I lost it a bit and started shouting similar abuse about him. They hate farangs there that can understand what they are saying and the disrespect they are giving their customers(ok they all maybe don't deserve it). They judge all farang alike.

Look at yourself, why do you have to slag off others?

The prideful righteousness of "decent people" may often be just as destructive as the glaring sins of those who are supposedly not so decent.

A pictorial piss-take of fellow farangs  I'll get my camera ready next time I'm out and about 

What about taking some photos of the typical Pattaya on Beach Road. I don't like KSR at all, but would rather be there any day than Pattaya. Lat time I was there(had to go) there was a pissed fat English soccer thug wearing his colours singing football anthems, while a couple of "girls from bars" were feeling him up.

What does he speak about when he goes home? Does he speak at all about anything other than his beloved beer and footy, sad barsteward.

What about a poll. one night in Pattaya or KSR?

Edited by Neeranam

I don't like Ko San but I'd rather be there than the worst place I've been to in the LOS- Pattaya!!!

It is usually these sexpats that need to belittle others.

One thing about backpackers - on Sukkhumvit road near Ekkamai, I used to see groups of them getting on the air bus no 511 to KSR. Christ what a hassle for a saving of what? 4 in a taxi to KSR about 30 baht each. A bus ride and all the inconvenience - 14 baht each. Save 25 pence. Still they are adventurous, unlike the guys who get a taxi from Don Meaung straight to Pattaya City.

It is usually these sexpats that need to belittle others.

Strangely, I find its the "here for a year expat" on a true expat contract that belittles others the most, not the sexpat.

And what is a sexpat? One who goes to Nana / Pattaya once a week or one goes to a Rachada massage parlour once a week?

I will now duck and cover! :o

Yes, there are freaks in Khao San Road.

I used to be one, so I can't say much against them. This was years ago and I was in my mid 20's. I met some really good "freaks" then as well as the <deleted>.

Young naive and stoned all the time, who cares.

I remember what I thought when I saw a middle aged guy with a Thai girl half his age, Christ what a sad <deleted>, I hope I will never be one of them. I am not now btw.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Live and let live.

Just cause you don't understand someone, doesn't mean you are better than them.

I am glad that I had a free couple of years in my 20's. I know the typical expat who slags off these "freaks". Just trying to justify their weaknesses by putting others down. "He, I live and work  here and this is my country, not yours you backpacking scum".  I have seen a few different sides of the foreigner in Thailand from the full moon parties on Koh Pan Ngan to the sad alcoholics in Thermae at 6 am. I don't judge them, if they bother me I stay away from them.

I think a lot is jealousy, did you not get a degree? Did you have a morgage and a boring rut of a job when in your 20's? Were you unadventurous/scared of trying something new?

What about the Thai people on KSR? they annoyed me more on my last visit there, which I didn't want to do but had to. They are the scum of the locals.

When one restaurant owner shouted a derogatory remark at one middle aged smartly dressed guy minding his own business, I lost it a bit and started shouting similar abuse about him. They hate farangs there that can understand what they are saying and the disrespect they are giving their customers(ok they all maybe don't deserve it). They judge all farang alike.

Look at yourself, why do you have to slag off others?

The prideful righteousness of "decent people" may often be just as destructive as the glaring sins of those who are supposedly not so decent.

Oh B*llox! I'm not one to call B/packers scum or freaks, I've just been there, done it, more than likely had the p*ss ripped out of me by 'in the know' expats at the time, I just wanna poke a few ribs now I've been here long enough to know a bit more about Thailand, without someone making me feel like self rightous egotistical blaggard now it's my turn to have some fun.

You don't need to jump to the defence of someone so ferociously just becuase someone else is going

'Neer neer na neer neer :D ' at them.

Which is all were doing here!

Swedish backpacker Gunnar Gunnarsonn was arrested on Khao San at 7pm yesterday and charged with nursing a bottle of drinking water through no fewer than 4 full-length video movies.

Staff became suspicious after the bearded traveler settled in to watch 'Driller Killer 6' after enjoying back to back showings of  'Chopper Chick Death Squad' and 'The Return of the Exterminator 7"  The unwashed gentleman was led away by the extremely long arm of the law and was said to be ecstatic about spending the night on the police station floor. "It sure beats another night at the Sweety Home guest house.

huh? hehe what is nursing a bottle of water?

Staff became suspicious after the bearded traveler settled in to watch 'Driller Killer 6' after enjoying back to back showings of  'Chopper Chick Death Squad' and 'The Return of the Exterminator 7"  The unwashed gentleman was led away by the extremely long arm of the law and was said to be ecstatic about spending the night on the police station floor. "It sure beats another night at the Sweety Home guest house.

huh? hehe what is nursing a bottle of water?

Perhaps he had it wrapped in a crepe bandage and was consuming it via IV line :D

A pictorial piss-take of fellow farangs  I'll get my camera ready next time I'm out and about 

What about taking some photos of the typical Pattaya on Beach Road. I don't like KSR at all, but would rather be there any day than Pattaya. Lat time I was there(had to go) there was a pissed fat English soccer thug wearing his colours singing football anthems, while a couple of "girls from bars" were feeling him up.

What does he speak about when he goes home? Does he speak at all about anything other than his beloved beer and footy, sad barsteward.

Start a poll. I have been to Pattaya once. I never stayed the night. I was down there playing football. I had family in BKK and it was their 2nd last night. So i got a lift back with a mate. With everything i've heard about Pattaya. I have no desire to go there. Unless i have to. I have to go down in a few months for another game of football. Though i think i'll stay this time. Just to go out and check to see if its as bad as some people say. But i reckon you should start a poll.

Start a poll. I have been to Pattaya once. I never stayed the night. I was down there playing football. I had family in BKK and it was their 2nd last night. So i got a lift back with a mate. With everything i've heard about Pattaya. I have no desire to go there. Unless i have to. I have to go down in a few months for another game of football. Though i think i'll stay this time. Just to go out and check to see if its as bad as some people say. But i reckon you should start a poll.

OK Vote Here :o

And now steaming ahead at first place! Come on where are all the Pattaya resi's sticking up for thier home town?!

Why stick up for it, personally I would prefer if everyone continues to think its a scum town and not come, its busy enough as it is without poluting the air with the stench of backpackers..

And as for you oh so well educated and high class Bangkok residents, stay away, its rubbish here, nothing but fat football hooligans with young Thai girls singing football songs along beach road.

Bangkok is better so no need for you to come here and see, just take everyone's word for it.. If you come your friends will class you as a sex tourist or a sexpat so why bother..:o STAY AWAY.. STAY AWAY..

Edited by fourbaht

I have seen a few different sides of the foreigner in Thailand from the full moon parties on Koh Pan Ngan to the sad alcoholics in Thermae at 6 am. I don't judge them, if they bother me I stay away from them.

So if you are not a sexpat what The F@*k were you doing in Thermae at 6 in the morning?

nother example of some narrow vision, some might think

Why is stating that people who claim to be so culturally aware end up breaking so many rules of cultural ettiquite in Thailand an example of narrow vision?

Who's stating they're culturally aware? I never said any such thing, nor do I think that way.

Huh? I would agrue that. My experiences tell me a lot different about many of these folks. I'm proud to say I lived such a life. The whole idea is to broaden experiences with life, not narrow them... Experiencing the culture was my main motivation for coming here, as it is for many many of these backpackers. And, yes, I also enjoyed the beaches and partying, too.

Again, this grouping all folks in the same barrel with the same narrow vision is just plain wrong.

Maybe it is just me but that seems to indicate the backpacker mindset (at least yours and other's) as being targetted at experiencing the culture etc.

Give me a backpacker over a sex-tourist ANY day.

Mmmmm...what about a backpacker / sex- tourist then ?? :D ..like myself.....,I like a little bit of both worlds...Been many times to KSR and I also like to go to the southern beaches and a bit of full moon party as well,and many of the backpackers are allright to be with......,though I must admit to spend most of my holidays in Patong Beach :D

BUT the most annoying thing about many of the backpackers is the belief that they are the only GENUINE tourist to LOS..all others are greedy consumers.

As for their "understanding" of the Thai culture.....how many of you guys would dare to show up in a temple dressed like a sack of <deleted>,like I witnessed many of the backpackers are doing ??

My now ex-Thai father in law once went to Koh Lahnta and he couldn`t contemplate the thing that farangs with a lot of money,could dress so bad..look so scruffy... :o even the poorest thai he knew ALWAYS kept a clean shirt to use when going to the nearest town for shopping or the temple !!!!

nother example of some narrow vision, some might think

Why is stating that people who claim to be so culturally aware end up breaking so many rules of cultural ettiquite in Thailand an example of narrow vision?

Who's stating they're culturally aware? I never said any such thing, nor do I think that way.

Huh? I would agrue that. My experiences tell me a lot different about many of these folks. I'm proud to say I lived such a life. The whole idea is to broaden experiences with life, not narrow them... Experiencing the culture was my main motivation for coming here, as it is for many many of these backpackers. And, yes, I also enjoyed the beaches and partying, too.

Again, this grouping all folks in the same barrel with the same narrow vision is just plain wrong.

Maybe it is just me but that seems to indicate the backpacker mindset (at least yours and other's) as being targetted at experiencing the culture etc.

As I clearly stated, "Some do, some don't"... Common sense can tell you that.

Still, nobody here has given any kind of definitive definition for 'backpacker', so it makes no sense to make group edicts about them. I'm not going to review all that I've written, but I feel I've stated my points clearly and accurately. I'm happy to civilly discuss any and all points, or clarify any confusion about what I've written.

But, again, my main point is to treat people as individuals. None of us like to be slagged simply because we are farangs or Brits or whatever, and we've all felt the sting from such unfair stuff... So why rain shit down on others when we know it's wrong?

A little humanity, please :o

So if you are not a sexpat what The F@*k were you doing in Thermae at 6 in the morning?

As I said before, I have seen many sides of expat life. I have been the "hippy", been the "sad alkie", been the "whoremonger". I have changed for the better!

You may too. :D

I do understand these groups of people I believe, although I don't like many of them now. I choose never to go to Pattaya, in fact prided myself in not going for 10 years, then I had to go a couple of years back.

Where are the Pattaya residents standing up for there "fountain of youth".

There are a few nice guys down there, but I ask them, why?

I have heard all sorts of justifications for living in Pattaya.

I would love to hear some more :o

Pattaya should be taken off the map - it is an embarrassment. :D

Edited by Neeranam

lol its funny how some start preaching understanding and live and let live...then a few posts later thier just slagging a group they dont understand

I do understand the group I was slagging off, too well in fact.

I find it very hard to lay off them.

Saying Live and Let live is one thing , but to practise it is another. I am not perfect, in fact noone here is by a long way.

"Live and let live" is a principle I believe in, and try to do it.

On the other hand if I knew of, for example :o , of paeds/sex-addicts in a certain Thai city abusing poor country Isaarn girls from where I live, it makes me want to throw up, embarrasses me for being the same race as them, SCUM, that somehow manage to justify their actions as "TIT".

I am honestly trying to L.A.L.L

And, BTW, I fell sorry for these individuals, they are sick.

On the other hand if I knew of, for example  , of paeds/sex-addicts in a certain Thai city abusing poor country Isaarn girls from where I live, it makes me want to throw up, embarrasses me for being the same race as them, SCUM, that somehow manage to justify their actions as "TIT".

Now now, I think paeds/sex addicts is a little bit of an exaggeration to describe your average partaker of bar girls. And as for those poor issarn girls, I couldnt agree more! Imagine getting sent 50,000 baht a month from Fritz and Helmut, claiming their love for just one man while humping their way through 3,000 baht a night while chatting to the sick water buffalo on a mobile phone James Bond would be proud of. And as for that disease that makes them shout "HELLO WELCOME SEXY MAN. I LOVE YOU CAN I GO WITH YOU TONIGHT Poor things.

Now, I am not in agreement with abuse of ANYONE on any level, but these evil sex addicts dont go to Issarn to find these girls, the girls go to Pattaya to find evil sex fiends no?

While I agree that your intentions are honorable I am afraid you are looking at this through more than slightly naive eyes.

Always makes me laugh when I hear blokes slating Pattaya just because believe they have moved on from that part of their Thailand experience. It smacks of greater hipocrisy than laughing at backpacker to me.

I call it 'Stickmanitis' They've all been to Pattaya, done (and enjoyed) the beer bars (and the girls), but now they have a middle range teaching post in BKK and drink in the Londoner before heading to Soi Cowboy, they take the moral high ground and see themselves as somehow superior to those who are still enjoying Pattaya from some distorted impression that they have moved on from such things.

At the end of the day girls go to Pattaya for economic reasons after making a moral decision with themselves on how they will earn money.

Men go to Pattaya because there are girls there who have made this decision.

The girls get money and the men get sex. Both are happy. End of story.

Always makes me laugh when I hear blokes slating Pattaya just because believe they have moved on from that part of their Thailand experience. It smacks of greater hipocrisy than laughing at backpacker to me.

I call it 'Stickmanitis' They've all been to Pattaya, done (and enjoyed) the beer bars (and the girls), but now they have a middle range teaching post in BKK and drink in the Londoner before heading to Soi Cowboy, they take the moral high ground and see themselves as somehow superior to those who are still enjoying Pattaya from some distorted impression that they have moved on from such things.

At the end of the day girls go to Pattaya for economic reasons after making a moral decision with themselves on how they will earn money.

Agreed and well put :o

After looking at the photos, I now realize why some farangs get denied access to

public swimming pools.(Different thread) Like it or not,your judged by your

appearance.Some of the people in the photos just look dirty.They could be some

of the nicest people you will ever meet but..IMHO. Its inappropriate to go around

looking filthy. I find it embarrassing and disrespectful. But hay,up to them.It only

reinforces the stigma of "dirty farang" They do provide entertainment for some

locals.

Fart:

As always perfectly put.. Ask them where they met the wife and they will say in 7-11, even though she was probably in the 7 - 11 just across the road from her bar..

Nothing wrong with Bar Girls so don't jump on me for that one again it is the hypocrisy that smacks..

As for your back packers going on to lead fuller and broader lives, I think if you research this you will find it incorrect, all of the friends I had when young who went off traveling mostly did so with someone the met in school or university, then came home satisfied with the wealth of knowledge they had acquired, got married, had 3 kids, took out a mortgage and a car loan and are still in the same dead end jobs..

Neeranam:

You are just a <deleted>.. to assume every one who lives in Pattaya is a Pedo or sex tourist is as pathetic as most of your other comments.

You are happy to make comments but proud that you managed to not visit and see first hand for yourself for 10 years.. get a life..

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am sure that I read somewhere, from the 12 million tourists in Thailand last year 4 million were Pattaya visitors, with an ever increasing number of families and couples arriving.

There is a great article in the Pattaya trader in response to Marc Holts article the previous month that sums it up