1 Year Non-o Multiple, Apply In Asia?

I am in Bali,but live in Chiang Mai. My 1 year non-immigrant type O visa has expired and I would like another one, if possible.

Can I get one in K.L., or Jakarta? (These are easiest for me), or further afield, if not.

I do not wish to go back to England if possible, though Hull have made the visa process painless, in the past.

Failing this, a 90 day O visa. If the 90 day O, then may I apply for a 1 year extension, in Thai, for retirement (I am 61).

For retirement, can the 80,000 Baht equivalent in Sterling remain in my England bank? Also - is the paperwork easier applying in Thai? (Thailand, that is)

You should be able to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa (you do not appear to have Thai wife). A multi would probably require a trip to OZ or back to UK.

You can extend for retirement with 800k Baht in a Thai bank account for previous 2 months. Or income as listed on a letter from your Embassy of 65k per month. Or you can use a combination of the two. The process inside Thailand does not require police report and often does not require the medical certificate. It is really quite easy.

You could try for a visa while you are in Bali. You should at least be able to get a single entry. I am not 100% sure about the address but you could try calling them or ask around about where it is at. It is the most up to date one I could find.

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE

Jl. Puputan Raya Renon No. 81

Denpasar Bali

Indonesia

Phone : +62361263310

Mobile : +628164724466

Office Hours : 09.00 - 12.00, 13.30 - 16.00 hours