Wood Furniture

mnbcm

I've attached a picture of my coffee table. I absolutely love this style of furniture. I found a few shops halfway between the moat and Wororot market. Are there any other places that have more selection around Chiang Mai?

post-55680-1242633321_thumb.jpg

Hang Dong towards Ban Tawai and in Ban Tawai :) Shop around though. Prices different at every shop for the same thing.

I've heard of a "wood working village" several times but never heard a name. This must be it. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks!

Yes Ban Tawai is the place you will find this don't now the shop or location but a friend of mine recenly (within the last month) bought some bedroom furniture that looks very much the same as your picture shows, i was very impressed with the wardrobe he bought had the same design inlaid on the door and the chest of draws had the same design on the top, i think he said it was laid on to some sort of ply wood and alough the wood was not teak it looked very nice piece of furniture far superior to any of that index furniture, and he told me he only paid like 6000 bht for a wardrobe , he bought 2 and some thing like 3500 for the chest of draws.

If you eve come across the shop please let me know the LOCATION.

Hey all,

I'm also planning a trip to Hang Dong for some outdoor furniture. I'm looking into a few daybeds and two diningtables with chairs. I want to have it shippend home (Holland) for when I return there. Does anyone know a pricerange for these things and what the shipmentcosts will be approximetly?

If you eve come across the shop please let me know the LOCATION.

If you use Google Earth, you can see 3 locations in the attached file. Location number 2 and 3 may not be exact, but they are very close. Number 2 is just on your left after you go through the Samoeng intersection. Number 3 has several shops on the left side. The first location is at Baan Tawai. That place is a amazing! There's probably a hundred furniture shops out there. I didn't have time to go through them all, but I'm sure there are more stores down there with that style furniture.

Furniture.kmz

Edited by mnbcm

Actually, if you just want one or two pieces, one of the wicker shops on Chang Moi (halfway between Warorot and Thapae Gate) is good because the fellow who runs the place provides excellent customer service.

We rent a "furnished" condo, but it lacks things like end tables and a computer desk. We found the shop owner to be very helpful for our requirements of just one or two pieces at a time. The collection has grown as we've realized things like "gee, we really could use a small cupboard, chest or large basket to store our quilt (American for duvet) during the hot season". The owner delivers to our condo at no charge and has brought pieces to the condo for inspection and been very gracious when we've said "no, that's not quite it".

Looking at receipts, I see names like "Baan Oraphun" and "Teera". The phone number for the shop is 053 252 379. It's one of the many wicker/rattan shops on Chang Moi. It's the next to the last one on the left (north side) as you're headed from the old city to Warorot (traveling west to east).

Sure, we're probably paying more than if we shopped directly at Baan Tawai, but considering that we don't have a vehicle, just want one or two pieces at a time and have a pretty good idea of what we'd like, we're happy working with the wicker shop owner.