Petite Pois

I love those small, sweet, green peas. Got some frosen at Carrefour 1 kg at 160 baht, but they are not sweet/tasty enough and to hard almost like black russian peas. So please, where can I find them in Phuket or Hua Hin

Frozen..... you have to cook them

Use a recepie for frozen sweet pea (petit pois) but not for caned sweet pea ( they are already cook inside the can)

This one seams good

4 teaspoons butter

1/2 head iceberg lettuce

2 cups frozen green peas

1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar

3 green onions -- chopped

1 tablespoon water

1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 tsp. dried

1 centiliter garlic -- minced

freshly ground black pepper

1 pinch flour

salt to taste

Melt butter in saucepan. Slice lettuce in long shreds. Add 1/2 of the lettuce to butter in pan. Top with the next 8 ingredients; spread remaining lettuce

on top. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat;

simmer for 15 minutes, stirring 2 to 3 times.

Enjoy

JP

Frozen. You have to read the label very carefully, making sure they are "English Garden peas." I've had good luck with Green Giant or Birdseye brand imported from Australia, but I forget which it was. Don't get anything local or you'll have field peas.

Thanks guys

I have been buying them frozen for 25 years before moving here, so havent even looked for the canned ones......... Will look for Bounduelle, Green Giant and Birdseye. The ones at Carrefour where from Spain, and they may have been just unlucky with this shipment. I prefere to cook them in butter, and my dog eats the butter afterwards :)

• 7 months later...
Thanks guys

I have been buying them frozen for 25 years before moving here, so havent even looked for the canned ones......... Will look for Bounduelle, Green Giant and Birdseye. The ones at Carrefour where from Spain, and they may have been just unlucky with this shipment. I prefere to cook them in butter, and my dog eats the butter afterwards :)

I use Bounduele and I make stew with smoked ham. You gotta start off with a roux just as you would with chicken stew or a gumbo. add your seasoning and then ham bits and canned peas including the water. Serve over a bed of rice. I make it all the time. Its a recipe from my mom way down in bayou country in Vacherie, Louisiana.