Please Help Me With My Visa Run

Hello.

I am in Kanchanaburi Thailand and have a 15 day stamp. I have to leave in 5 days and I don't know where to go (NO MALAYSIA). I would like to get a 60 day visa.

So any advice on where to go?

How do I get the 60 day visa?

Any additional help would be much appreciated

Vientiane Laos is probably the best. And until June 4th they are free. If you only need 60 days a single entry tourist visa will do. But in Vientiane you can get a 2 entry for free.

Penang, KL and PP Cambodia are good for single entry visas.

The closest would be Mae Sot, from Kanchanaburi, you can get a bus to Supanburi, then a bus to Tak. Mae Sot is roughly 80 Kilometers of the main Highway and there are regular mini buses running to and from Tak.

Absolutely hassel free, you walk across the Bridge after being stamped out of Thailand, get to the Myanmar side pay 500 Baht to get stamped in and out and 5 minutes later you walk back across the bridge, to come back through immigration on the Thai side, yes they do issue visas.

Absolutely no problem from beggars, touts etc

The closest would be Mae Sot, from Kanchanaburi, you can get a bus to Supanburi, then a bus to Tak. Mae Sot is roughly 80 Kilometers of the main Highway and there are regular mini buses running to and from Tak.

Absolutely hassel free, you walk across the Bridge after being stamped out of Thailand, get to the Myanmar side pay 500 Baht to get stamped in and out and 5 minutes later you walk back across the bridge, to come back through immigration on the Thai side, yes they do issue visas.

That would only give him 15 days.

He wants to get a visa.

That would only give him 15 days.

He wants to get a visa.

Yes I need to get 60 days, so can I get this if I go to Myanmar? I also have 2 pages left in my passport, so should I get additional pages added before I go on the visa run?

You can only get a tourist visa where we mentioned before.

You can get one in Burma but you have to go the embassy in Yangoon and it requires getting a visa in Bangkok before you go,

If you go to Laos or Cambodia you would use both your pages doing a visa run plus a little more for arrival and departure stamps.

Best to get some pages added to your passport.

sorry, not sure about getting 60 days, you could ask at the Kanchanaburi immi office to see whats avail at Mae Sot.

If you decide to go to Cambodia need more pages as they fill up 2 with the Cambodian entry & exit, which would leave you with no spare for the return. Mae Sot only has 2 small stamps and doesn't fill up the passport pages.

You can not obtain a visa at Mae Sot. You can only obtain at a Royal Thai Consulate.

By all means visit the US Consulate (across the street from the Embassy) ACSU to obtain new pages - it costs nothing. But remember they are closed on Monday and Friday next week. They offer on-line appointments from there web site.

Edited by lopburi3

I needed a Tourist visa back in Feb so I caught a train from Bangkok to Sungai Kolok in the south.From there you hop across the border takes 5 mins on a motorcycle taxi then catch a local bus to Kota Bharu on the Malaysian side,takes about an hour.

I arrived in the afternoon put my passport in the Thai embassy there and collected my visa the following morning at 10am.

Place was deserted application process took 5 mins and when I collected it the following day took about 2 mins.

Catch the afternoon train back to Bangkok that same day.

Watch out for Malaysian and Thai public holidays as the Embassy will be closed,also the Embassy is open Sunday through Thurs,closed Fri and Sat as it's a muslim place.

That is also a very bad section of the country to be traveling on Government trains if you have another choice as they are often the target of bombings and stoppages. There is a reason the Consulate was not crowded.