Are You Taller Than Your Thai Partner?

popmybubble

I also don't see farang women with Thai men.

Is it fair to say that it is practically impossible for a Caucasian woman to find a nice Thai man who is seriously seeking a relationship (despite the fact that the Thais are obsessed with white skin). I often read that Thai men aren't the best spouses in the world anyway. So girls, how many of you have found real love in Thailand (with short or tall men) and are not supporting your Thai men and their families financially?

Actually Tulipgirl I originally thought there weren't many foreign woman/Thai man partnerships out there either. But in the course of of my work now I come across couples regularly. And mostly they are long-term-married-with-kids so they are not 19 year old bar boy/backpacker couples. They are out there, living their lives in the suburbs like everyone else.

I'm one who found a fabulous, mid-30s, single Thai man & we are now happily married. I don't send money to his parents but do occasionally pay for things. I also occasionally send money to my own mother back home. Why should anyone begrudge me the right to spend my salary as I see fit?

Oh...and he's taller than me by a smidge :D

Hear hear! Me too!!!

I met mine when he was 31. He was a bit rough round the edges at first but has scrubbed up nicely! :)

We send money to his dad every month - 1000 baht - and so do his 4 other children. It was the only way we could get him to stop working at the age of 74 years old. When we visit, we buy essential stuff for him, and medicine when he needs it. If he needs anything big then we all club together as a family.

I've certainly never been asked to send money for a sick buffalo!

As for my husband, he used to be totally self-supporting but the downturn in the world economy has hit tourism in Chiang Mai very badly. So now he does odd-jobs for friends and is studying Chinese at the community college every day in an attempt to improve his employment prospects. Unlike his tour-guide friends, he is not sitting at the whiskey shop at 10 o'clock in the morning drinking Sangsom!

There may be times when we feel like killing each other but I'm in no doubt whatsoever that I got a good'un! :D

MCL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im tall.. always have been---almost 6ft.. hubby.. hmmm 5'7 5'8? not sure... I think Im the tallest in the whole village since all the farangs have left for the low season.

Whenever we take pics I find him a hill to stand on!!

Hubby is old like me, in his 40s now.. PHEW! and still soooooo handsome...

Im tall.. always have been---almost 6ft.. hubby.. hmmm 5'7 5'8? not sure... I think Im the tallest in the whole village since all the farangs have left for the low season.

Whenever we take pics I find him a hill to stand on!!

Hubby is old like me, in his 40s now.. PHEW! and still soooooo handsome...

What do you mean "old like me"? You're in the prime of life, gal!

Old is a mental thing and you are only old if you can no longer enjoy life to the fullest.

Just out of interest because western women (on average) are taller than thai men (on average). In the UK I rarely see couples where the man is shorter than the woman or maybe I just don't notice :D My bf is 4" (10cm) shorter than me and I'm 5'6" (169cm) but he said he's short by thai standards anyway :)

So I'm being nosey- are you taller than your partner?

I'm 5'10" and have been taller than every person I've been with in Thailand except one American and one Thai. But I'm too tall to expect anything else. :D

Me too, I'm five 11, and am def taller than my thai beau, however he is alot taller than my super skinny ex and we were together for 7years, as they say, all belly buttons meet in the dark. I am used to having men smaller than me all though i've been out with a few 6 footers, to wear heels without dwarfing them i need a 6 foot 4 aaahhh! So i decided a long time ago not to give two hoots, or i'd have to discount about 98 percent of the male population of the world, so far its been a great strategy, all my shorties have been lovely people, and total sweeties, including mr jungle girl (who is quite tall for a thai though not as tall as mr sabai). PS we have a mini jungle girl and she is LOOOONg for a thai baby, at least 6 inches taller than her pals, at one year old - i think she might be amazonian

I am 5'8ish (around 174cm) and Mr Sabai is a good few inches taller (I think he is around 6ft). He is usually the tallest thai guy around though. My bff is much taller than her thai bf and they do look funny on the bike I must say, but love conquers all and they couldn't give two sh*ts what they look like!

Who you talkin bout ms sabai, is it me? i don't think we look funny on the bike, but thanks for pointing it out! good thing we got rid of it! XX

I also don't see farang women with Thai men.

Is it fair to say that it is practically impossible for a Caucasian woman to find a nice Thai man who is seriously seeking a relationship (despite the fact that the Thais are obsessed with white skin). I often read that Thai men aren't the best spouses in the world anyway. So girls, how many of you have found real love in Thailand (with short or tall men) and are not supporting your Thai men and their families financially?

Actually Tulipgirl I originally thought there weren't many foreign woman/Thai man partnerships out there either. But in the course of of my work now I come across couples regularly. And mostly they are long-term-married-with-kids so they are not 19 year old bar boy/backpacker couples. They are out there, living their lives in the suburbs like everyone else.

I'm one who found a fabulous, mid-30s, single Thai man & we are now happily married. I don't send money to his parents but do occasionally pay for things. I also occasionally send money to my own mother back home. Why should anyone begrudge me the right to spend my salary as I see fit?

Oh...and he's taller than me by a smidge :D

Hear hear! Me too!!!

I met mine when he was 31. He was a bit rough round the edges at first but has scrubbed up nicely! :)

We send money to his dad every month - 1000 baht - and so do his 4 other children. It was the only way we could get him to stop working at the age of 74 years old. When we visit, we buy essential stuff for him, and medicine when he needs it. If he needs anything big then we all club together as a family.

I've certainly never been asked to send money for a sick buffalo!

As for my husband, he used to be totally self-supporting but the downturn in the world economy has hit tourism in Chiang Mai very badly. So now he does odd-jobs for friends and is studying Chinese at the community college every day in an attempt to improve his employment prospects. Unlike his tour-guide friends, he is not sitting at the whiskey shop at 10 o'clock in the morning drinking Sangsom!

There may be times when we feel like killing each other but I'm in no doubt whatsoever that I got a good'un! :D

MCL

Me too tulip girl, i did actually meet mr jungle girl when i was a nineteen year old backpacker, and he was a bar boy, there are many stories to tell there, but the upshot is its ten years on and he is most certainly a good one! I adore him, he's a wonderful partner, father, worker, and dedicated to, and focused on his family. We send a bit of cash to his family each month, and his sisters work in our restaurant, but they are the hardest working and most loyal peeps inthe world (have been known on party nights to stay up til dawn flushing broken toilets for tourists with buckets of water) i don't begrudge anything we give his family, they have given us so much of themselves. and he doesn't drink, gamble or any of the other 'traditional' activities.

and for the record, i've got a good few inches on him, and mini jungle girl probably will have when she gets older!

BTW, Eek, I didn't say ALL Thais, but many Thais are obsessed with white skin, whether it be their own or other peoples'.

It is practically impossible to find skin cream in Thai drugstores that doesn't have bleaching or whitening stuff in it. Thais generally admire a white skin, and I see many women and men who have bleached their skin or make their complexion more fair with talcum power. Niveau Beautiful White Baby Face is a best seller, Or Care Angel Soft Pearl White is also very in demand. Whitening products are a multi-billion baht industry in Thailand. Also, most people that appear on televison appear to be whiter than I am, and I am white. Not English white but Dutch white. Every day I hear: O, you so beautiful white. What can I answer: And you so beautiful black? That's a joke. My boyfriend apologised to me for being so dark-skinned. Over time I noticed how his skin got fairer. And he also started wearing shoes with higher heels, to be taller.

And really, I thought he already looked dashing hot the way he is.

Cheers...

I am 5'8ish (around 174cm) and Mr Sabai is a good few inches taller (I think he is around 6ft). He is usually the tallest thai guy around though. My bff is much taller than her thai bf and they do look funny on the bike I must say, but love conquers all and they couldn't give two sh*ts what they look like!

Who you talkin bout ms sabai, is it me? i don't think we look funny on the bike, but thanks for pointing it out! good thing we got rid of it! XX

Nah ah, not you guys - I am referring to the paddy and her man. Haven't seen you two on a motorbike in a long while, but am sure you would look just as funny!

Oh Tulipgirl, the bit about your bf is so cute. Now I have a vision of a teensy weensy dark Thai guy with white powder on his exposed limbs wearing cuban heels :)

He also bought an umbrella and factor 60 sun block which he uses when he plays football. The powder he puts on his face. I told him I didn't want him to look like a money boy and just be himself. Oy Vey! His boots are okay, but very hot. I told him to to wear sandals.