Champions League Final

bkkjames

united will start with this line up.

vds

oshea vidic ferdinand/evans.evra.

park anderson carrick giggs rooney

ronaldo.

with tevez berbatov scholes to come on at some stage later in the game.

i am hoping for a2-1 win united!

will be a cracking game and a good one for the neutrals to watch.

will not be a dirty game like stevie h keeps mentioning.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vds

ronaldo.

no it won't, particularly if united line up as defensively and stiflingly as you have them. it'll be a boring cagey affair like chelsea's two ties against barca as one side tries to stop the better footballing side playing.

"Next to Barça , Manchester United look like Rochdale"

Hey, don't diss The Dale :D

:D I will be very happy if Barcelona stuff those aarrogant diving priks from Manchester.

I concur :)

I'm going for 3-1 to Barca (and the one goal that United get, will be at 159 minutes into Fergie time) :D

vds

ronaldo.

no it won't, particularly if united line up as defensively and stiflingly as you have them. it'll be a boring cagey affair like chelsea's two ties against barca as one side tries to stop the better footballing side playing.

so who do you think is the better footballing side? we are to sides trying to stop us playing football and we also like teams to on to us so we can catch them on the break,barcas defense is weakened and slow i can see us exploiting that.

see what we did to arsenal and barca are just a classier arsenal with good passers,we just have to worry about eto henry getting sniffs on goal and try and contain messi.

yes fergie sets out this way in europe you have too or you get taken to pieces,you cannot go gung ho like you did against chelsea look what happened.

so who do you think is the better footballing side? we are to sides trying to stop us playing football and we also like teams to on to us so we can catch them on the break,barcas defense is weakened and slow i can see us exploiting that.

see what we did to arsenal and barca are just a classier arsenal with good passers,we just have to worry about eto henry getting sniffs on goal and try and contain messi.

yes fergie sets out this way in europe you have too or you get taken to pieces,you cannot go gung ho like you did against chelsea look what happened.

barca are undoubtedly the better footballing side. their midfield is the best in europe at keeping the ball and they had something ludicrous like 66% possession against chelsea at stamford bridge.

united in europe this season have been compact and steady and have relied on their defence more than they have their attack. they'll do the same in the final, they won't take the game to barca.

barca are undoubtedly the better footballing side. their midfield is the best in europe at keeping the ball and they had something ludicrous like 66% possession against chelsea at stamford bridge.

united in europe this season have been compact and steady and have relied on their defence more than they have their attack. they'll do the same in the final, they won't take the game to barca.

true barca had all the ball against Chelsea but managed only one shot on target - albeit the deciding one.

Barcelona 3.................Man U 0...............

United are over rated and over hyped; Liverpool proved it at Old Trafford where their weaknesses were exposed. Arsenal were far superior recently and only because the gunners had no strikers that they failed to win.

The Spanish have an astute coach and with his tactical ability and players they will over run United by their superior football. Barca will be two up early on and despite an attempted comeback in the 2nd half a third goal will end it.

Note:

I want United to win but...I think not.

United are over rated and over hyped; Liverpool proved it at Old Trafford where their weaknesses were exposed. Arsenal were far superior recently and only because the gunners had no strikers that they failed to win.

The Spanish have an astute coach and with his tactical ability and players they will over run United by their superior football. Barca will be two up early on and despite an attempted comeback in the 2nd half a third goal will end it.

Note:

hmm all good and fine.

big difference between Pool and Barca. LP hardly concede and don't play a 4-3-3.

Arsenal far superior recently? you mean the champions league mate? ohhh you mean the last game where we sat back playing for the much needed draw.

The spaniards do have an astute coach - but then again I guess SAF is not really smart, despite his record.

Note:

not in a million years. no way do barca get three goals against united's defence and no way will united not score against barca's no fullbacks.

Note:

not in a million years. no way do barca get three goals against united's defence and no way will united not score against barca's no fullbacks.

post-20082-1243326392_thumb.jpg

Ferguson:" I don't think there will be many goals in this final ."

Van Der Sar (in the background): "Keep going, keep going .. a little further... "

:)

Visca Barça

Note:

post-20082-1243326392_thumb.jpg

Ferguson:" I don't think there will be many goals in this final ."

Van Der Sar (in the background): "Keep going, keep going .. a little further... "

:)

Visca Barça

Not bad HH, but I picked this up from a newspaper today...

it's a conversation between Basil (Martin Samuel), The Major (SAF) and a Barca defender.

you'll love this. mate of mine from back home is a united fan, goes home and away, all over the place, is today selling his flights on e-bay. he's had calls and texts from his mates already in rome who have had their beer confiscated by police and he hasn’t got a ticket. they reckon that it's on the verge of kicking off between united and the police. another lovely uefa escapade.

Edited by StevieH

you'll love this. mate of mine from back home is a united fan, goes home and away, all over the place, is today selling his flights on e-bay. he's had calls and texts from his mates already in rome who have had their beer confiscated by police and he hasn’t got a ticket. they reckon that it's on the verge of kicking off between united and the police. another lovely uefa escapade.

Well yes, the alcohol ban doesn't officially come into effect until tomorrow. i.e. Wednesday. If the Italian police are enforcing the alcohol ban before tomorrow then there's nothing that English supporters can do but accept it. There's no point in doing otherwise and turning things into another ugly escapade - whatever the rights and wrongs.

you'll love this. mate of mine from back home is a united fan, goes home and away, all over the place, is today selling his flights on e-bay. he's had calls and texts from his mates already in rome who have had their beer confiscated by police and he hasn't got a ticket. they reckon that it's on the verge of kicking off between united and the police. another lovely uefa escapade.

Well yes, the alcohol ban doesn't officially come into effect until tomorrow. i.e. Wednesday. If the Italian police are enforcing the alcohol ban before tomorrow then there's nothing that English supporters can do but accept it. There's no point in doing otherwise and turning things into another ugly escapade - whatever the rights and wrongs.

in what other major spectator event are people treated so like cattle though? it's <deleted>.

I always support a BRITISH club OR country against foreign opposition and one part of me says United for a win and the other part of me says i hope Man U get stuffed and wipes the grin of Fergie.

This is only because United are very successful and i am a tad jealous lol.

you'll love this. mate of mine from back home is a united fan, goes home and away, all over the place, is today selling his flights on e-bay. he's had calls and texts from his mates already in rome who have had their beer confiscated by police and he hasn't got a ticket. they reckon that it's on the verge of kicking off between united and the police. another lovely uefa escapade.

in what other major spectator event are people treated so like cattle though? it's <deleted>.

I followed England all over the World & my Club, although not that often, in Europe in places such as Holland, Finland, France, Belgium, Slovakia, Croatia etc for both Club & Country but i stopped following England after Slovakia Away about 7 Years back..

I have seen Cattle in Thailand get treated better than how we get treated at times abroad & it's just not worth the grief for me any more..

I strongly fancied Kazakhstan next Month for England as did some fellow West Ham here on Samui but i swereved it just in case..

England Away is simply not worth it for me sadly, West Ham on the other hand is a given but England, i'm dfone i think sadly..

Anyway, CL, if there's no Ferdinand, i'll go for Barca..

If there's no Iniesta, i'll go for Mna Ure..

If they're both not fit or are both fit, i fancy Barelona you know & i ALWAYS go for Man Ure in a one off Game but i just have a funny feeling about this one..

If they're both not fit or are both fit, i fancy Barelona you know & i ALWAYS go for Man Ure in a one off Game but i just have a funny feeling about this one..

Iniesta is almost certain to play - the doubt is , imo, over Henry. His severely hampers his turn of speed. Although have been in training with the others since Sunday.

The problem is that Ferguson will tell them to focus on Iniesta's vulnerabilty early in the game which could see him again limping off. And anyway the nature of his present injury could mean him pulling-up at any stage without so much as a twinge beforehand.

Visca Barça

Iniesta is almost certain to play - the doubt is , imo, over Henry. His severely hampers his turn of speed. Although have been in training with the others since Sunday.

The problem is that Ferguson will tell them to focus on Iniesta's vulnerabilty early in the game which could see him again limping off. And anyway the nature of his present injury could mean him pulling-up at any stage without so much as a twinge beforehand.

Visca Barça

ergo what i said earlier, ferguson will tell them to kick barca, particularly in the absence of their best midfielder fletcher. henry being out wouldn't be the end of the world as bojan could come in, but iniesta's important.

I always support a BRITISH club OR country against foreign opposition

why?

Because i have a choice thats why

Hmmm. Hardly an explanation as to why you chose to support a "BRITISH club OR country against foreign opposition". Is it ?

I bet that there's more than a bit of dodgy and unthought-out nationalism behind all that. :)

5-1 Barca

Whoaaaa, jimjim, you're the most optimistic among us lot !!!! :) You could be getting very good odds with that from the bookmakers, mind you .....

One goal advantage to Barca should make me a happy bunny already. :D

I always support a BRITISH club OR country against foreign opposition

why?

Because i have a choice thats why

Hmmm. Hardly an explanation as to why you chose to support a "BRITISH club OR country against foreign opposition". Is it ?

I bet that there's more than a bit of dodgy and unthought-out nationalism behind all that. :)

Possibly but you tend to find that's the case with Fans of Clubs, especially Northern Clubs Fans in my experience ( just an observation before the likes of Brian jumps down my throat ), who have generally spent most of their recent Years outside of the Prem as they quite simply don't have the rivalry with the teams that do compete in European Competition, like Liverpool have with Man Ure, other London Clubs have when Chelsea or T*ttenham compete against European Competition etc...

This will change the longer Stoke stay in the Prem me thinks & start to bear grudges against certain Teams... :D

Either that or Pat has that dodgy, unthought out Nationalism going on his head like you say HH... :D

COME ON BARCA..

:D I will be very happy if Barcelona stuff those aarrogant diving priks from Manchester.

So I take that you think Barca WILL win?

YES 2 - 0 :D

Let the party begin :) as its about to get very Messi 4 Fergies wonder team

GREAT RESULT AND DON'T FORGET WHO PREDICTED IT!!!

Pity i cant get a few more correct on the TV Prediction league still never mind.

Messi for the GOLDEN BOOT maybe they gave it to him last night?

Cheer up Manc's 'They think its all over it is now'