Returning After Two Year Overstay

Hi All, I returned to my home country one week ago after being on overstay for over two years. I paid the fine etc. , but now am planning on returning and would like your help on a few issues. I know I am exposing myself to the norm TV abuse of some people, but never the less if you feel you could help me with some advise I would appreciate it.

I have two wonderful children and a girlfreind in Thailand, gf from Isaan. Ihave my babies birth certificates which is in my name. I have been considering the best vsa option for returning to Thailand, and so far think a dependant visa would probably be best. I however do not know what the criteria apart from having dependants is and what documentation I would need to submit to the Thai embassy.

Further, when I left Thailand immigration put big stamps and writing, covering one page in my passport. Should I submit this passpot to the Thai embassy or get an new one? . I know my overstay will be recorder on computer, but never the less what would be best.

Thank you kindly, all help will be appreciated

Your overstay may be in the computer. But if they made that big a deal of your overstay by putting more stamps than normal it might be better to get a new passport. Did you just leave and pay the fine at the airport or did you go to immigration pay your fine and get an extension? That might explain some of the stamps if you got an extension.

You should be able to get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa to visit your child without any problem by showing your childs birth certificate. That would allow you leave and re-enter for a year and get 90 days each entry. If you leave just before the visa exires you can get another 90 days which means you can get stay for almost 15 months witthout getting a new visa.

You should be able to get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa to visit your child without any problem by showing your childs birth certificate. That would allow you leave and re-enter for a year and get 90 days each entry.

not need proof of money in the bank for this ??

thanks for reply

You should be able to get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa to visit your child without any problem by showing your childs birth certificate. That would allow you leave and re-enter for a year and get 90 days each entry.

not need proof of money in the bank for this ??

thanks for reply

You don't unless you go to a nearby consualte such as KL or Penang.

Most consulates/embassies won't ask for it.

Don't get this confused with an extension of stay though for that you do need to show money.

Your overstay may be in the computer. But if they made that big a deal of your overstay by putting more stamps than normal it might be better to get a new passport. Did you just leave and pay the fine at the airport or did you go to immigration pay your fine and get an extension? That might explain some of the stamps if you got an extension.

You should be able to get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa to visit your child without any problem by showing your childs birth certificate. That would allow you leave and re-enter for a year and get 90 days each entry. If you leave just before the visa exires you can get another 90 days which means you can get stay for almost 15 months witthout getting a new visa.

Thank you kindly, for the information. I went to immigration and they gave me a paper to give to immigration at the airport whom in turn stamped my passport on departure. I will get it scanned and post it here, all is in Thai and I don't have a clew what is says.

Thank you kindly, for the information. I went to immigration and they gave me a paper to give to immigration at the airport whom in turn stamped my passport on departure. I will get it scanned and post it here, all is in Thai and I don't have a clew what is says.

I could get the page scanned, would appreciate if somebody could tell me what it says.

post-50017-1243256657_thumb.jpg

There is no overstay stamp on that page. It looks like your 1 day extension stamp and departure stamp is all thats there. I can't read it but it looks like the standard extension stamp.

There is no overstay stamp on that page. It looks like your 1 day extension stamp and departure stamp is all thats there. I can't read it but it looks like the standard extension stamp.

Wow, that is sounding good to me....Thank you

I do not think you will have a problem returning.

Others have reported no problem in the same situation as you.

Thank you for your help, much appreciate. I think I will take te risk of returning on old passort with new O visa .

I’m sure Thai consulates see passports with overstay stamps a lot of times and issue new visas in them. There appears to nothing in the two stamps to indicate how long you overstayed or how much the fine was, so there is no way to deduce the length of your overstay from your passport.

There are two ways to pay the overstay fine, either at the local immigration office before going to the airport or at the airport after check-in. You chose the safer of the two methods.

--

Maestro

My Wife tells me that the stamp is a big overstay problem. She cannot explain exactly.

It says:

This person was brought to trial on the charge of overstaying (literally - staying past the limit of their permission). The court's final decision was to give them leave to get out of the country by 15th May.

Your wife could be right...

I overstayed by three years and read advice on here saying I must go to immigration in Suan Phluu and settle it there or I could be in real trouble at the airport. I went down there with a lawyer friend and luckily they told me to b****r off and pay it at the airport. So a morning wasted, but the only stamp I had in my passport was the standard overstay fine one.

I still thought it wise to get a new passport, as I didn't think it would look good when presenting it at the Thai consulate in the UK for a new visa! With a stamp like this one, saying you were charged with overstaying, I would definitely replace the passport.

Edited by inthepink

With the stamp mentioning a court trial, hlfourie apparently was apprehended by police for overstaying and was not afforded the opportunity to exercise one of the two options I mentioned for payment of the overstay fine. Just the same, I think he should be able to get a new visa with the current passport.

--

Maestro

My Wife tells me that the stamp is a big overstay problem. She cannot explain exactly.

It says:

This person was brought to trial on the charge of overstaying (literally - staying past the limit of their permission). The court's final decision was to give them leave to get out of the country by 15th May.

Your wife could be right...

I overstayed by three years and read advice on here saying I must go to immigration in Suan Phluu and settle it there or I could be in real trouble at the airport. I went down there with a lawyer friend and luckily they told me to b****r off and pay it at the airport. So a morning wasted, but the only stamp I had in my passport was the standard overstay fine one.

I still thought it wise to get a new passport, as I didn't think it would look good when presenting it at the Thai consulate in the UK for a new visa! With a stamp like this one, saying you were charged with overstaying, I would definitely replace the passport.

Out of interest, how much was your fine for 3 years overstay?

At 500 baht per day that would work out at 547,500 baht or is there a maximum fine?

20,000 baht is the maximum penalty.

About six years ago I overstayed my visa by a week only getting out of hospital the day before I flew back to the UK, immigration gave me a pull and even though I produced letters from the hospital {Bhumrumgrad} I was fined, his words were "you have overstayed no excuses paid my fine and they stamped my passport.

About six years ago I overstayed my visa by a week only getting out of hospital the day before I flew back to the UK, immigration gave me a pull and even though I produced letters from the hospital {Bhumrumgrad} I was fined, his words were "you have overstayed no excuses paid my fine and they stamped my passport.

They do have mercy on this and give you extensions for medical reasons but you should have told the hospital, they could have helped you out before you went to the airport, as it's not the job of the officer at the airport to take that in to account.

Hi All, I returned to my home country one week ago after being on overstay for over two years. I paid the fine etc. , but now am planning on returning and would like your help on a few issues. I know I am exposing myself to the norm TV abuse of some people, but never the less if you feel you could help me with some advise I would appreciate it.

I have two wonderful children and a girlfreind in Thailand, gf from Isaan. Ihave my babies birth certificates which is in my name. I have been considering the best vsa option for returning to Thailand, and so far think a dependant visa would probably be best. I however do not know what the criteria apart from having dependants is and what documentation I would need to submit to the Thai embassy.

Further, when I left Thailand immigration put big stamps and writing, covering one page in my passport. Should I submit this passpot to the Thai embassy or get an new one? . I know my overstay will be recorder on computer, but never the less what would be best.

Thank you kindly, all help will be appreciated

Good Luck, where was you Immigrationoffice ?

They do have mercy on this and give you extensions for medical reasons but you should have told the hospital, they could have helped you out before you went to the airport, as it's not the job of the officer at the airport to take that in to account.

Well at the time I thought that I had covered it by getting a letter from the hospital showing my admittance date and the date that I was discharged, the previous day, I'm sure that your right but the paper work should have been enough, after all what could the hospital have done other than perhaps make a phone call, I would have thought thats exactly there job to look at the evidence supplied and make a decision on that evidence alone, they must have some leeway on these things.

Well at the time I thought that I had covered it by getting a letter from the hospital showing my admittance date and the date that I was discharged, the previous day, I'm sure that your right but the paper work should have been enough, after all what could the hospital have done other than perhaps make a phone call, I would have thought thats exactly there job to look at the evidence supplied and make a decision on that evidence alone, they must have some leeway on these things.

The hospital could of arranged an extension for you at immigration.

A letter would never work to cancel an overstay.

The hospital could of arranged an extension for you at immigration.

A letter would never work to cancel an overstay.

Obviously the letter did not work and in hindsight things could have been done differently and to be honest I am not complaining about it, I think that the fine was about 1200/1400 baht certainly not enough to start a ruck over but you will not convince me that they could not have sorted this matter out, justice is only justice when it's tempered with compassion.