Non-o Extension

To those in the know I'd like your advice on the best way to get a year extension on my non-O visa. My situation is this.

The current non-O visa I used to enter Thailand on 11 May 2009 expired on 14 May 2009. I am on 90 days until 8 August 2009.

On 7 June I am leaving Thailand and due to return on 18 June.

I could get a new 1 year non-O visa while I am out of Thailand. However, I would prefer to extend the non-O visa I have. Is it possible to get the year extension even though the visa expired on 14 May ? If the answer to this is no then my option is clear: new non-O visa while out of Thailand.

If I can extend the old non-O visa before I leave on 7 June, what happens when I return to Thailand on 18 June ? Would I enter on a 30 day tourist visa on arrival and wait for the old non-O extension to be processed ? Or is a temporary 30 day visa issued from immigration to cover the extension processing period and could I leave an come back to Thailand on this.

I am working in Thailand with work permit and can show the monthly income and Revenue Department documents required for an extension and am married to a Thai.

I live in Nonthaburi (Muang Thong Thani). Should I do this at Suan Phlu, or the Nonthaburi office ?

Thanks.

Edited by sibeymai

You can extend your stay for 12 months if you qualify. On what grounds do you intend to apply?

I guess it is the Marriage Extension. When you apply you are given a 30 under consideration stamp. You have to return to Immigration in 30 days to get your extension.

I would think the easiest thing to do is get a re-entry permit (1000bt), so that when you return on 18 June, you'll be stamped back in until 7 Aug. Then, 30 days prior to 7 Aug, begin your extension process, as some Immigration offices won't entertain extension requests until there's only 30 days remaining on your entry permit.

You're supposed to use your local Immigration office

Since your current permit to stay is valid until 08Aug09 and you will return to TH by 18Jun09 you should get a single re-entry permit (1,000 Baht) before you leave TH on 07Jun09. This will keep your current permit to stay alive upon your return.

Once you return start the process of extension of stay within the last 30 days of your current permit to stay date.

opalhort

EDIT: Jim Gant beat me to it.

Edited by opalhort