Thai Airways May Cancel A380 Jet Order

george

LOL & LOL & LOL

OK - I give - I never used the words ''too much class'' - all I did was draw a very direct distinction between the relative amounts of class the frogs had vis-a-vis a terribly tragic day for all the poor people left behind. I am not gonna repeat the entire diatribe.

The gist being that Boeing dont & that Airbus did save it - prolly construed as damage control.

Neither will Thai Airbus A380 cancellations be mentioned - that would really smack of way too much class.

Of more interest is the A350 - as yet not designed either, and the possible stretched current 777.

BR>Jack

BTW - 75oil is prolly the best sedan I have ever driven. Not automobile.

we simply have a little more class, than does EADS/Airbus,

I thought that you might like that Jack. :) .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody/anything that originates in a place that cold, has got to be suspect - its so cold, they stutter.

There was originally only one A in Sab, but there was not heater

BR>Jack

I think the Air force is trying to switch A380 for some Saab.

I use to date a swedish girl and she was really hot :)

Anyway if they switch the A380 i hope it will be for something more usefull for thai people than jet fighters

Imagine that SQ A380 diagram without business class seats and suites, and crammed full of rows of economy seats.

One of the low cost airlines might just decide that is makes economic sense. :)

Anybody/anything that originates in a place that cold, has got to be suspect - its so cold, they stutter.

There was originally only one A in Sab, but there was not heater

BR>Jack

I think the Air force is trying to switch A380 for some Saab.

As so often, I must admit that I don't understand what you are trying to say. (Maybe you are trying to be funny?)

Anyway, SAAB was founded in 1937 as Svenska Aeroplan AktieBolaget (Swedish Aeroplane Ltd). Two As from the very beginning! Their first car design was presented in 1947, when the end of World War II had led to less demand for military aircraft. It didn't enter production until 1949, though.

Since 1990 the aircraft manufacturer and the car manufacturer are two completely separate companies (Saab AB and Saab Automobile AB, respectively).

There was however a Swedish company called SAB (Svenska Aktiebolaget Bromsregulator), founded in 1913, which produced break components and -systems for railroad rolling stock. It is still active, but nowadays known as Cardo Rail.

/ Priceless

• 3 weeks later...
Thai Airways may cancel A380 jet order

THAI reconsiders costly jumbo jet deal

KUALA LUMPUR: -- Thai Airways International (THAI) seems poised to cancel its order of six A380 superjumbo jets, which it considers not viable for its operations and, at a total cost of about US$1.8 billion, too expensive to fund.

Wallop Bhukkanasut, chairman of THAI's executive board, revealed the national carrier's revised stance on procuring the world's largest civil aircraft, which it agreed to purchase back in 2007 when the carrier

[more...]

THAI stuck with Airbus jumbo

Thai Airways International (THAI) has no other options but to keep its order for six Airbus 380 megajets it wanted to cancel as doing so would lead to huge adverse consequences. "The best option available for us is to delay taking delivery of those A380s,'' Wallop Bhukkanasut, the chairman of THAI's executive board, said last night.

The flag carrier had earlier sought to terminate the A380 contract or change to another future Airbus model, the A350-1000, as it had come to believe the world's largest commercial aircraft would not be economical to operate. In the recent negotiations with the European planemaker, Airbus has ruled out those changes and THAI itself has come to realise that the cancellation will result in a legal battle that would have a significant impact on THAI and the image of the country as a whole, something the airline wants to avoid, according to Mr Wallop.

The cancellation would expose the airline to US$700 million in penalty costs - $300 million in pre-payment for airframes and $400 million for contracts already committed. "Several contracts involved in the A380s are restricted with absolutely no room for change,'' Mr Wallop told reporters after the airline's board meeting.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...th-airbus-jumbo

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-07-10

====================================================================

Some of the astronomical conversions mentioned...

US$1.8 billion = 61,479,608,917 Thai Baht

US$700 million = 23,908,736,801 Thai Baht

Edited by sriracha john