Tourist Visa Help

hi, im here in bangkok now on my tourist visa 60 days double entry.

i arrived on 7th june and my 1st entry expires on 5th august.......

im here till 7th october but i wish to take a weeks holiday in bali about 6/7th september until about 14/15th september....

the question is.........what is my best option.....a 30 day extension on my 1st 60 days takes me a few days short of my trip to bali there ruling this out...

if i go to a border and come back in on 6th august and then take a trip to bali a month later can i get a re-entry permit when i arrive back in thailand around 15th september therefore allowing me to stay the rest of my trip here without going out of thailand again.....

if i can get the re-entry permit at the airport to continue my 60 day visa i would do it this way......

any ideas or suggestioins or am i on the right track with this....

i thank you for and future comments

paul

You only have 90 days if the visa was obtain locally to make both entries so yes - get 2nd entry after 60 days rather than an extension of stay. You can then obtain a re-entry permit from immigration office (not at airport and only prior to travel) before you travel that will allow you to return for the remaining days of the 2nd 60 day stay (early October) and keep your option to extend another 30 days alive.

You have to make your 2nd entry before the enter before date on your visa not the permit to stay date.

Do a 30 day extension of your first entry then do a border run and then your trip to Bali using a re-entry permit.

You will not get it at the airport. You can apply at any immigration office for it.

hi, im here in bangkok now on my tourist visa 60 days double entry.

i arrived on 7th june and my 1st entry expires on 5th august.......

im here till 7th october but i wish to take a weeks holiday in bali about 6/7th september until about 14/15th september....

the question is.........what is my best option.....a 30 day extension on my 1st 60 days takes me a few days short of my trip to bali there ruling this out...

if i go to a border and come back in on 6th august and then take a trip to bali a month later can i get a re-entry permit when i arrive back in thailand around 15th september therefore allowing me to stay the rest of my trip here without going out of thailand again.....

if i can get the re-entry permit at the airport to continue my 60 day visa i would do it this way......

any ideas or suggestioins or am i on the right track with this....

i thank you for and future comments

paul

If you do a border run on or before 5th August you will get another 60 days taking you up to around 3rd October.

If you got a Re Entry Permit from Immigration (not the airport) before you went to Bali it would keep your 3rd October date alive. You would then need to go to Immigration before 3rd October and get an extension to take you up to 7th October or do another border run.

most of you are saying dont get it at the airport...i got my visa at the embassy in new zealand

it says and i quote

RE ENTRY....if you will leave thailand before the end of the admitted date as in no2 and wish to return within that date you may apply for a re entry permit at the airport before leaving so as to reserve the rest of the permitted duration of stay.

i assume that getting the next 60 days on the 6th august and then getting a re entry permit before i leave for my trip to bali would be the preferred option therefore upon my return at the airport getting the continuation of my 2nd entry and considering im in bali for a week this takes me to about the 9th october therfore 2 days after im due to leave thailand....

There is not re-entry permit office at the airport. They closed it earlier this year. The only place to get one now is at a immigration office.

Not getting an extension is fine since it will still give you a permit to stay that is long enough for your visit.

ok so i have to go to an immigratin office right!!!!

so if i do my border run on august 5th and activate my tourist visa 2nd entry at what point do i go to immigration to put my visa on hold while i make my trip to bali if im flying on the 6th september and returning 12th....what happens when i return at the airport will they just continue my visa for the rest of the period

You can go to immigration any time after your return on August 5th and apply for the re-entry permit.

On the application it has spaces for the dates you are traveling. You don't need the exact dates because after they put the stamp in your passport it does not matter.

The re-entry permit stamp will have a number on it. When your return put that number in the visa number space when you fill out the arrival card before you arrive.

Immigration will give you a permit to stay that will be the same as the one from your visa entry.

well maybe i will avoid the entry permit and and just let my tourist visa cancel when i leave and just get the natural 30 day stamp when i return......they are just making it more difficult to come here..........i just withdrew 35000 baht to pay my deposit on my apartment and they charged me 50 buks to do it....i wont be coming back here next year cos of the growing costs, violence and complete ignorance to the foreigners that line their pockets