If It Was Possible...

doppa

which 2 world events would you want you want to witness, could be personal if you want, but you would have no influence over the event, just watch to see the happening, i'll give mine later, this is how my grey matter never gives me rest or peace.

right how to download pics on here, first cup of tea, tea is the essence for deep concentration. :)

which 2 world events would you want you want to witness, could be personal if you want, but you would have no influence over the event, just watch to see the happening, i'll give mine later, this is how my grey matter never gives me rest or peace.

right how to download pics on here, first cup of tea, tea is the essence for deep concentration. :)

Two past events:

1. The immaculate conception

2. Hitler's death

Two world events to come:

1. Armageddon

2. .... Well, I realize there can't be any other event after that.

Footnote: the brightest among us drink coffee.

Edited by MonsieurHulot

Two past events:

1. The immaculate conception

2. Hitler's death

Two world events to come:

1. Armageddon

2. .... Well, I realize there can't be any other event after that.

Footnote: the brightest among us drink coffee.

yes but the intellectuals drink tea, especially the english

I'd want to see Chiang Mai 100 years ago. Just daily life. Maybe Bangkok too.

I mean an event is an event.. I have no personal stake in any of it.

> 1. The immaculate conception

I'd rather watch a couple maculate ones.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not being present at my first wegging

Not being presenst at my second wedding

and as a bonus ........though its not allowed

Not being present at my third.

"Oh I would be such a very wealthy man"

BTW...I suppose thie thread should not be on the CM forum, I would expect it to get moved soon, unless more than one person mentions Thailand or CM

I can't truthfully say I would want to have witnessed any great world event. Although I'm somewhat fascinated by great battles, I'm also appalled by them and would hate to witness the human suffering. I know I would have enjoyed sitting and talking rationally with the great people in history, but that's hardly witnessing a world event. I would certainly like to have seen Chiang Mai a hundred or 200 years ago just to compare it to today, but again, that's hardly a world event. It would have been thrilling to be one of the first caucasians to trek through darkest Africa. On a personal level I've done most of the things I always wanted to do and achieved goals I had set aside for myself. And, I'm still plugging away on a few others. I've certainly had far more than my share of great relationships with the opposite sex. On that note my cup is overflowing.

I could probably come up with hundred of these, but here are a few that would be fun:

-- attend one of the early Greek Olympic games (they were nud_e all male events 55555)

-- witness the first date of my Mom and Dad

a strong runner up, the liberation of Paris from the Nazis ...

Edited by Jingthing

:jap:1/ Go back 46 years to 1963 arriving at Ubon Air Base on my way to Operation Crown and relive the 3 years that were to change my life for ever!!

2/ to drive again along the golden beach past the fishing huts of what is now Pattaya, no bars or hotels no katoeys , not even a main road :)

post-11182-1245064825_thumb.jpg

1. A meeting of regional sales managers for any non-essential product in a depressed country’s hinterlands.

2. Compulsory morning calisthenics at a sweat shop.

Doesn’t have to be something momentous. It’s all the same banalities and idiocies.

I would like to travel back to 1970 when I was 18 years old.

Knowing all that I know now and avoiding all the mistakes I made, such as marriages, blowing money on crap and being a lot wiser when it came to business and mixing with the right people.

Probably had been a rich man today.

Below is a photo of my Aunts & Uncles taken in Spitalfields the East End of London in 1896.

They were dirt poor and that’s definitely a time that I’m glad I never had to experience.

post-11344-1245100115_thumb.jpg

I ask my wife if she would like to go back in time and relive it. She said no, as she didn't think it would turn out as well as it did this time.

So I ask if we could take with us $$ what we have now how far would she go back. She said under those conditions she would go back to 1984, the year we retired and start from there.

I know this isn't quite what the topic is but I thought it was close. :)