Swine flu, severity overrated

luudee

FYI ...

"The Governor [of Chonburi] assured people that Swine Flu is no more deadly than the regular flu virus ..."

(From PattayaOne News, June 15 2009, I was going to provide a  URL, but I am not allowed ...)

:)

I think the country's PM said the same thing a couple of days ago.

He meant fatality rate among infected, which could be true. Trouble is, unlike for common flue, there's no vaccine, and millions of people get vaccinated for flue every year, so there aren't that many infected and there aren't that many fatalities, and no one would report deaths from common varieties of flue anyway.

It is established that this H1N1 is not as severe as expected (thankfully!) and the WHO has confirmed this but it spreads extremely fast and has the potential to have a business impact if a large number of people are infected.

The concern is that the virus may still mutate to a more severe form when the northern hemisphere flu season starts again.

A big fuss about nothing.

In fact more people die of the normal flu every year than have been killed by the Swine Flu.

Major over reaction by all authorities and the danger is that when there is a really bad one on one will take notice.

A big fuss about nothing.

In fact more people die of the normal flu every year than have been killed by the Swine Flu.

Major over reaction by all authorities and the danger is that when there is a really bad one on one will take notice.

And what?...... when there is a bad one will you wait until it is a bad one until you do something

And what if this is the beginning of the bad one, it ain't over till it's over

Watch this space

:)