Room 206 Suan Plu

On my last report a slip came back saying

Next Time: Room 507, IMMIGRATION, BKK

So it has moved from 2nd floor to 5th floor ? but I am sure the only time I went in person was over 5 years ago and it was on the 5th floor then, but have always sent to Room 206 since then

Yes it has been moved.

You must live within the general Bangkok area or they would of sent you a note telling you to send it to your assingned office the next time.

You probably will also do your next extension in room 507 unless the office has moved by then.

Room 507 is the reporting room for Central Thailand, I use it all the time. You must appear in person or have given someone authority to do it for you.

Place your documents in a cardboard box outside the office, which is on the right from the stairs, sit down or walk around, the girl behind the counter will at some time collect your documents and after a few minutes she will return them to you with the completed slip.

Room 507 is the reporting room for Central Thailand, I use it all the time. You must appear in person

You must appear in person ?? are you sure? You cannot send it anymore?

3 hours driving there and back + another hour or so trying to find somewhere to park = crazy

So for me if this is correct then will not bother as would be cheaper and hassle free to just pay the 2,000 baht fine once a year.

On my slip of paper that was returned with my new 90 reporting slip 3 weeks ago. it just says Next Time: Room 507, IMMIGRATION, BKK For the past 5 years have always sent it to ROOM 206, so was/am going to send it next time to Room 507 in September

'Goodguy' if your phoning them please post back with the info + if possible this 'You must appear in person'

Room 507 is the reporting room for Central Thailand, I use it all the time. You must appear in person

3 hours driving there and back + another hour or so trying to find somewhere to park = crazy

So for me if this is correct then will not bother as would be cheaper and hassle free to just pay the 2,000 baht fine once a year.

On my slip of paper that was returned with my new 90 reporting slip 3 weeks ago. it just says Next Time: Room 507, IMMIGRATION, BKK For the past 5 years have always sent it to ROOM 206, so was/am going to send it next time to Room 507 in September

'Goodguy' if your phoning them please post back with the info + if possible this 'You must appear in person'

I don't think they are telling you to report in person. Just mark it for room 507 instead of 206 when you mail it.

So Bangkok is your local Immigration office?

Rules change all the time, there have been posts here about people being told that they cannot do by post anymore. Suggest checking at local Immigration office.

Suggest checking at local Immigration office.

Ha Ha Ha......

When things changed I phoned BKK, they told me I would have to report at Ayutthaya, in going to Ayutthaya one day I popped in just to find it and ask if they did 90 day reporting by Post + if I now went to them for my yearly Extensions... They looked up my address and said I must use BKK !!!

So end of last month sent my 90 day reporting to BKK as noral, they stamped it and returned it with the paper attached to say Next Time: Room 507, IMMIGRATION, BKK Is this in person or still by post ??

Sure would be much easier and a lot closer to use Ayutthaya for Extensions and 90day reporting

Unfortunately that list is not correct - there is an Immigration office not listed that serves provinces to the North of Bangkok (but have not seen a definitive list of what provinces) and they also have use of room 507 at Suan Plu. My guess would be that the extra office may close when the move of Suan Plu takes place as so nobody is talking much about it - but that is just a guess. At any rate the new location of Immigration will help for Northern access customers.

Suggest checking at local Immigration office.

Ha Ha Ha......

When things changed I phoned BKK, they told me I would have to report at Ayutthaya, in going to Ayutthaya one day I popped in just to find it and ask if they did 90 day reporting by Post + if I now went to them for my yearly Extensions... They looked up my address and said I must use BKK !!!

So end of last month sent my 90 day reporting to BKK as noral, they stamped it and returned it with the paper attached to say Next Time: Room 507, IMMIGRATION, BKK Is this in person or still by post ??

Sure would be much easier and a lot closer to use Ayutthaya for Extensions and 90day reporting

I live in Non, and usually use room 507 for 90day reporting, but might pop up to Ayutthaya for extension, seems that after reading your post I will have to phone them and also have to make sure my file is there.

OK My wife finally got through to someone.

The officer she spoke with told her to check the immigration web site and download the PDF of the TM47, print it and send it in to Head Office. The question regarding the Room Number for the Postal Address, he told her just to be sure it starts with "90 DAYS REGISTRATION", he claimed the Room Number is irrelevant. I have looked at the Immigration Web Site and it still has Room 206 up there, I'm not going to worry and trust in the officers word. If there is any future comments regarding that, I will pity the officer.

Well. Today I got home and found my stamped addressed envelope with my receipt of notification (if any), for my next report of 90 days in September. Fastest ever reply from the EMS route. Thank God I don't have to drive on the hel_l roads for such a trivial matter as reporting every blessed 90 days.

Mail it.