Ayutthaya Immigration Office

Does anyone have any information on turn around times for applying for an extension to a Marriage visa, this will be my first extension of this type, but have extended Non Imm B before.

How long is it gonna take, can I do it all in one day? Or do they send everything to Bangkok, and I have to return to Ayutthaya some time after to collect my extension?

Do they have all the files there, or will I need to collect mine in person from Bangkok?

If my file is in Bangkok can I collect upon doing 90day reporting. It seems funny that we can pick up files but I have heard that this is the way it's done.

Thanks in advance

When you apply for an extension based upon marriage at any immigration office you will have a 30 day wait period while they consider you application. They are sent to the regional office for final approval. You go back to get the extension stamp on the date they stamp in your passport on the date you apply.

I have never heard of anybody picking up there own file. Normally when you move from one office to another the new office requests the file from your old office.

The best thing to do would be to make your next 90 day report there instead of Bangkok and tell them you will be applying for your next extension there. They should request your file from Bangkok if you do that.

When applying for an Extension based on Marriage you will always get a 30 day under consideration stamp. This happens in every Immigration Office.

Okay, so during these 30 days all the documents are then sent to Bangkok, or does the Ayutthaya office deal with all the necessities/home visits by itself?

Does the Ayutthaya office have the authority to grant the extension or does Bangkok have the final say?

Ayutthaya will do the investigation themselves or send a letter to the local police where you live to do it.

After that is done they send the application to Bangkok for final approval.

Doing it in Bangkok will not make it any quicker.

If they do the marriage visa like the retirement visa, it should not be long at all. My friend got his retirement visa in Bangkok and took over two or three hours. I got mine in Ayutthaya in about 35 minutes. The staff assigned there are very efficient and if you need something, they will tell you and then you can come back with what you needed. They did that for me and the visa took very little time. Plus a lot more parking and better queue system. Easy to get to also.

If they do the marriage visa like the retirement visa, it should not be long at all. My friend got his retirement visa in Bangkok and took over two or three hours. I got mine in Ayutthaya in about 35 minutes. The staff assigned there are very efficient and if you need something, they will tell you and then you can come back with what you needed. They did that for me and the visa took very little time. Plus a lot more parking and better queue system. Easy to get to also.

The Marriage Extension (not visa) will require a return visit in 30 Days. Wherever you apply.

Hi,

My advise is GO to the immigration office in Ayuthaya and ask them yourself, in person. As far as I know they're very helpful and they know exactly what you need. I used to go there and whenever we had some questions I had my secretary call them. Wonderful lot, and they provided us with the right information. They even helped us out when I moved to Rayong and had to deal with the Maptaphut immigration office for whom I don't have any good words left. The boys in Ayuthaya were right and in Mphut they didn't have the faintest idea what to do.

Cheers and good luck.

My guess is IF you have all the documentation in order, i.e., money (Bt400000) in Thai Bank, letter from Bank, letter from your Embassy, you should get it the same day, now best bet to go in a week or so before hand and see exactly what they need(documentation), hope things go as smooth as silk. :D:):D

Last year we had to submit two sets of everything at Ayuthaya. We had to wait two months for the decision because they only send things down to Bangkok once a week or so they said last year. Take a photo outside and in front of your house number. Same photo again next year. The map indicating where your house is. Plus all the documentation times 2. Don't forget the tolerant, culturally sensitive, easy going attitude and you'll have a good time there.

Does anyone have any information on turn around times for applying for an extension to a Marriage visa, this will be my first extension of this type, but have extended Non Imm B before.

How long is it gonna take, can I do it all in one day? Or do they send everything to Bangkok, and I have to return to Ayutthaya some time after to collect my extension?

Do they have all the files there, or will I need to collect mine in person from Bangkok?

If my file is in Bangkok can I collect upon doing 90day reporting. It seems funny that we can pick up files but I have heard that this is the way it's done.

Thanks in advance

I see that you live in Nonthaburi, as I do. You can still do your visa extension and 90 Day report at Bangkok. On the 5th Floor are two rooms just for that purpose and it's is very quick. It took me no more than 15 minutes to do either

My guess is IF you have all the documentation in order, i.e., money (Bt400000) in Thai Bank, letter from Bank, letter from your Embassy, you should get it the same day, now best bet to go in a week or so before hand and see exactly what they need(documentation), hope things go as smooth as silk. :D:):D

You will never get an extension based upon marriage done in the same day. You will always get a stamp telling you to come back later because they have to go through the approval process.

It is normally 30 days.

It is only recently it has been this quick. It used to take months. My first "Marriage Extension" took five months of going back and forth.

Agreed. In the old days it could take several months for the approval to come back from Bangkok. (Kanchanaburi office being my local office). Nowadays normally within the first 30 days. I've wondered if the speedier return is due to the fact that those getting extentions due to retirement can now get them the same day without the application being ferried up to Bangkok like it used to be resulting in a lesser workload for them at head office. Purely guessing by the way!! :)

Not a huge issue going back to get your extension after 30 days, but just not sure why it needs to go up the chain for "approval" while retirement can be approved on the spot?

From my understanding, the Immigration officers will not take your application unless everything required to be approved is turned in.

Is there really any additional investigation required? (other than a possible home visit on the first application)

Has anyone ever been turned down after submitting all of the required documents?

Not a huge issue going back to get your extension after 30 days, but just not sure why it needs to go up the chain for "approval" while retirement can be approved on the spot?

From my understanding, the Immigration officers will not take your application unless everything required to be approved is turned in.

Is there really any additional investigation required? (other than a possible home visit on the first application)

Has anyone ever been turned down after submitting all of the required documents?

I think it because of their concern about marriages of convenience and it is just a double check that the local office is not taking a bribe.

The local office does all the investigating. I think they may still do some checks with the local police to see if you still live together.

I have never heard of anybody being turned down after the application was accepted.

Last year we had to submit two sets of everything at Ayuthaya. We had to wait two months for the decision because they only send things down to Bangkok once a week or so they said last year. Take a photo outside and in front of your house number. Same photo again next year. The map indicating where your house is. Plus all the documentation times 2. Don't forget the tolerant, culturally sensitive, easy going attitude and you'll have a good time there.

I am heading towards this same 60 day decision that you describe above. My extension runs out on 3 July and have been waiting almost 50 days for approval on my visa. Will the Ayuthaya office just give another extension if the documentation has not yet been returned to the Ayuthaya office?

I am heading towards this same 60 day decision that you describe above. My extension runs out on 3 July and have been waiting almost 50 days for approval on my visa. Will the Ayuthaya office just give another extension if the documentation has not yet been returned to the Ayuthaya office?

It is not really an extension it is more a period of limbo while they consider your application.

The approval should be back before the 3rd so I would not worry about it. If you are near the office you could even stop by to see if it is already back.

They probably would give you another stamp if wasn't.

• 3 weeks later...
It is not really an extension it is more a period of limbo while they consider your application.

The approval should be back before the 3rd so I would not worry about it. If you are near the office you could even stop by to see if it is already back.

They probably would give you another stamp if wasn't.

Just wanted to say thanks for the assistance and also give a little update on timeframes and the procedures that Ayutthaya is following or not following. My consideration time ran out on 3 July and I had been calling to determine if my extension had been received. No luck, so on 3 July I showed up at the immigration office with my wife. No extension yet and no stamp to give me permission to stay longer in the country while waiting for my extension. When my wife asked, they said to not worry about the end date and to call back on 9 July. On 9 July, they said they had the extension and I picked it up on 10 July. So I basically stayed in country with no legal permission and did not have to pay for an overstay when I finally picked up my extension. Not being a newbie here, I knew that I could be caught and might have to pay an overstay fee, but I also knew this was unlikely since I do not hang around areas that typically have a passport check. With tha said, I am sure this is not the normal process, so what is the process? Should they have given me another consideration extension or asked me to leave?

BTW, the total time for Ayutthaya was around 55 days from application submitted until extension received.

...So I basically stayed in country with no legal permission and did not have to pay for an overstay when I finally picked up my extension...

Take your passport and look once more at the “under consideration” stamp. Does it say that you had to leave Thailand by a certain date? Does it say that your extension was extended until a certain date? I don’t think so.

Does the stamp say that you had to report to the immigration office again on a certain date? I think it does, and you say that you did report on that date.

You were not on overstay and you were not in violation of any law, regulation, rule or official instruction.

--

Maestro