Well Posted Thaivisa Members Who Fled The Scene

ThaiEye

Even for myself a relatively new member of thaivisa forums i've noticed that some members who had been here for a long while and recorded a thousand or even thousands of posts just disappeared for some unknown reason. Leaves me wondering "What suddenly happened?".

Can anyone give me the lowdown why and perhaps well-known puzzles of former members in the past who just fled or disappeared one day ....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even for myself a relatively new member of thaivisa forums i've noticed that some members who had been here for a long while and recorded a thousand or even thousands of posts just disappeared for some unknown reason. Leaves me wondering "What suddenly happened?".

Can anyone give me the lowdown why and perhaps well-known puzzles of former members in the past who just fled or disappeared one day ....

They got a life?

Often if you look in their last few dozen or hundred posts you will find the answers to your own questions, but I would guess the top explanations would be the following:

1. Banned - look for that in their Group listing. It means they went too far too many times with respect to the rules.

2. RIP - also in their Group listing. The obvious.

3. No longer in Thailand for many, many reasons- including work, family, travel, illness, and misc.

4. No longer interested in the forum as a social medium or source of information, again for many reasons.

5. Some people wind up without access to computers or the Internet for lengthy periods of time.

I went awol for a years from this board then returned.

After a few months its just the same people posting the same stuff under different wordings/posting id's

Then all the cr@p negative people on here turn my stomache just because they set themselves up for the big fall.

(meet younger b/g from poor family - pay loads of money for house/car and new massive extended family and then complain)

i know a generalisation but it certainly seems the way when reading alot of posts.

Perhaps they just re-join under new names. One clue would be to, say for instance, be suspicious of "relatively new" members of perhaps 18 days with nearly 200 posts. :)

Then all the cr@p negative people on here turn my stomache

I don't think that people just get up in the morning deciding to be negatives for the rest of the day, i would look more into what make the people in question be negative in the first place, however this might be of some help in the mean time :)

post-73039-1245928106_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to Tornado/The Gentleman? Both nicks have been banned, but does not stop those SAS guys. If he were around he would be posting. :)

Posted as Maipleur for a while until he was again moved on. :D

Don't know now who he is now.

I'm more interested in the ones who've been members for a number of years, but have only recently made their first posts. I remember 1 or 2 popped up in the hanging headless body thread and wondered at the time why they waited so long to make their first post, and why they chose that thread to do it.

They couldn't stand the stench anymore.

Busy working, last I heard
Bendix actually works ? :)

moved back to the UK as was offerd a job too good to refuse. Working there as a global marketing manager I beleive for a big firm, allowing him to bring forward his retirement date effectively a couple of years.

A funny poster and a very nice man.

Why the cat and mouse game? If there is a specific member you wish to know about just ask.

Going by his screen name, I would hazard to guess that business is slow at the moment, or he had a thing for The Don. :)

I used to get a KICK out of the Don

I'm not sure the RIP label is quite as clear cut as the moderator claims.

Seonai was a constant poster here until suddenly on 2008-04-05 11:25:32 she stops posting or viewing.

Yet at her website (about her catching TB) she is very alive on Aug 2008:

http://www.tbsurvivalproject.org/seonaisWorld/latest.shtml

How is she doing? She sounds like she was 'cured' from TB...