Kitchen Cabinets

CGW

I need to replace Kitchen cabinets and doors, can anyone recommend a decent cabinet maker, sure this has been a topic before but unable to find anything.

Thanks.............

INSTEAD.. consider maybe some TLC ,sanding, washing with warm soapy water..and stain to match or paint..SAVE YOUR MONEY

Signed: the carpenter always has the worst kitchen cabinets..and the shoemaker has the worst shoes..

I hope it works out well for ya..I could do it..but not from Vancouver and in 2 days Phuket ( unless you're in Phuket)..I assume BKK

INSTEAD.. consider maybe some TLC ,sanding, washing with warm soapy water..and stain to match or paint..SAVE YOUR MONEY

Signed: the carpenter always has the worst kitchen cabinets..and the shoemaker has the worst shoes..

I hope it works out well for ya..I could do it..but not from Vancouver and in 2 days Phuket ( unless you're in Phuket)..I assume BKK

2 Days? the termites may well have taken over the kitchen by then! beyond the TLC stage, kitchen was reasonably cheap to go in, want to keep oven, hob, granite top etc as is, but need to change the cabinets ASAP!

I know there are lots of kitchen shops in town, but just want cabinets replacing, only quote I have had is 19k m kitchen is large, price is plain ludicrous!

Might be worth a look at Pattaya Homeworks.

They have a carpentry department at the back of the store where they build furniture to your own specifications, using solid timber (softwood).

The quality looks ok/good and it would fit in with your idea of re-using your worktops and appliances.

EDIT: Just to say that I think Homepro (Carrefour) have a similar carpentry dept.

Edited by chickenslegs

I need to replace Kitchen cabinets and doors, can anyone recommend a decent cabinet maker, sure this has been a topic before but unable to find anything.

Thanks.............

Hi; I know and nderstand what you require and I know just the place where you should go. I've been in Pattaya for almost 18 years. These people did my kitchen and I am chuffed ! They're not expensive, but they know what they're doing. Give me a ring on 081-847 35 76 and I'll point you in their direction, okay ?

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

I ended up getting three prices to have cabinets replaced, certainly worth shopping around..............

The first two quotes were double the one I have accepted. The people I have given the job too, I have used before, but was reluctant to use them again as they are slow, but the quality of both work and materials used is very good.

The first people to give a quote were vague in the extreme as to what the quality of the material they would use.

As I said worth shopping around, price i have gone with is 110,000.00 Baht, the other quotes were for 220,000.00 Baht, that is obviously a huge difference.

• 1 month later...

Is there no facility or store where only the cabinet doors and any fascias (i'm sure thats not spelt right lol !!) can be supplied and just re-hung on the exsisting carcasses?

That would work out a lot cheaper and with a lot less hassle too

Penkoprod

Is there no facility or store where only the cabinet doors and any fascias (i'm sure thats not spelt right lol !!) can be supplied and just re-hung on the exsisting carcasses?

Penkoprod

It seems the OP is having a termite problem, so probably not a lot left of the original cabinets.

Sophon

Penkoprod

It seems the OP is having a termite problem, so probably not a lot left of the original cabinets.

Sophon

Ah right.........as it wasnt in his OP i missed that

Penkoprod

I have a fitted kitchen , but need to refurbish part of it , some new doors and drawers plus a new sink unit can anyone point me in the direction of a company that will do this instead of try to sell me a complete new kitchen, I beleive that the units are standard sizes that are used all over the world, I know in the UK there are many companies that do this type of work, anyone here in Pattaya know of anyone local.