Results Of The Thaivisa Internet Survey 2009

george

Makes interesting reading, particularly section 19, despite the continious "bashing" on Thaivisa regarding ownership of houses, it would appear to be by far the most common form of residence for members, and by no small margin either??

Is it a coincidence that 109 people were Thais, 109 people did not need a visa and 109 people thought the moderation was "too lenient"? Just joking though!! :D Id say its vindication for the moderation team with over 80% saying moderation was "fair". :)

20. What is your yearly income in Thai Baht (THB)?

8.9% with more than 5 million Baht income per year... wow -

guess I am in the wrong business

People may not always tell the truth in surveys

3977 took the survey. That seems a little depressing as that is only about 5% of the members.

Sadly it proves that Apathy rules, and the minority set the standard. That goes for Politics in most countrys as well. The world is full of sheep as we English say (or Buffaloes, as they are known in Thailand).

Was there not a large percentage that made between 500k and 1 mill?? That actually surprised me. But not when you think about how many are living on state pensions from the u.k.

Remember we "retired people" only need 800K in the THAI bank. The rest of mine stays back in the UK, so not counted here. :)

3977 took the survey. That seems a little depressing as that is only about 5% of the members.

The 95% of members probably didn't have anything to say. They are the ones who posts are a emoticon face or multiple emoticon faces.

Surprised to see how many are actually married to a Thai.

I'm not - maybe because I only live in Thailand because my wife is Thai.

(add in that I'm under 50, and my job's in Hong Kong, not Thailand, so no work visa, and I couldn't live here if I wasn't married to a Thai.)

47% under 50, so 42% married to a Thai isn't that much of a surprise.

Edited by bkk_mike

Hi, just want to comment what could be the reason why so many (95%) did not answer the survey: My reason not to answer was, that the original name of the survey was something like "Thai Vis Survey, How fast is Internet Connection Speed". Not exactly sure the name. But for me, the name of the survey had only something to do with the internet quality. When I opened the survey to participate, then I got at leat 30 questions with very private character, such as salary, visa, marriage status etc. Those had nothing to do with internet speed. So I saw the survey like a "camouflaged" general survey about the people themselves, and not the internet line. Sorry if I am wrong here, but this is how I interpreted it. Anyway, the idea about a survey like this is good, but the purpose of the survey should be made very clear from beginning, and also the later planned usage of the data should be mentioned to the user. Then I believe you will get much more people to respond. Br Allan

Hi, just want to comment what could be the reason why so many (95%) did not answer the survey: My reason not to answer was, that the original name of the survey was something like "Thai Vis Survey, How fast is Internet Connection Speed". Not exactly sure the name. But for me, the name of the survey had only something to do with the internet quality. When I opened the survey to participate, then I got at leat 30 questions with very private character, such as salary, visa, marriage status etc. Those had nothing to do with internet speed. So I saw the survey like a "camouflaged" general survey about the people themselves, and not the internet line. Sorry if I am wrong here, but this is how I interpreted it. Anyway, the idea about a survey like this is good, but the purpose of the survey should be made very clear from beginning, and also the later planned usage of the data should be mentioned to the user. Then I believe you will get much more people to respond. Br Allan

I agree.

I participated in the survey, as I really am not impressed with my internet connection (TOT)

But I am sure if you had advertised a normal TV survey, you would have got many more people responding.

We will use the internet survey data for an article next week about the internet situation in Thailand when we have analysed the results.

The format for this survey was a near copy of the the survey we did in 2007.

The survey results will give us good info when we talk to the biggest ISP's regarding the sad state of internet.

Good Survey.

Just interesting to see how many people actually post!

IMHO lots of people do not post because of the comments made by other members, they go way off track and just turn negative.

This is a great site for finding information, but need to rein in those who destroy it for others!

I agree.

I participated in the survey, as I really am not impressed with my internet connection (TOT)

But I am sure if you had advertised a normal TV survey, you would have got many more people responding.

I didn't answer the survey for the above mentioned reasons.

Tell clearly the reason for the questions (some are really invasive) and you'll have more answers!

Makes interesting reading, particularly section 19, despite the continious "bashing" on Thaivisa regarding ownership of houses, it would appear to be by far the most common form of residence for members, and by no small margin either??

How do you draw that conclusion? 3,191 answered the survey. 1,197 OWN homes. That's 1,994 that do NOT own homes. 306 own condos. So that's a majority of 1,688 who do NOT own any residence.

How do you draw that conclusion? 3,191 answered the survey. 1,197 OWN homes. That's 1,994 that do NOT own homes. 306 own condos. So that's a majority of 1,688 who do NOT own any residence.

Sorry you couldnt understand, i should have said most common form of "owned" residence. :)

Sorry you couldnt understand, i should have said most common form of "owned" residence. :)

Even having corrected your comment to owned residences, the margin is only 185. Hardly " by no small margin"

Even having corrected your comment to owned residences, the margin is only 185. Hardly " by no small margin"

caf, i said "most common form of owned residence" ie: owners that own houses as opposed to own condos, a huge margin of almost 4 to 1.