Not Sharing The Tea Money.

Mosha

AFAIK tea money is supposed to be shared so it's no so rich if you think about.

The whole concept of tea money is that it is a democratic method of increasing tax free disposable income that is open to all citizens. Thanks to tea money everybody is always guaranteed to get the lowest price so what could me more democratic than that?

We often equate tea money with corruption but it's not as black and white.

The whole concept of tea money is that it is a democratic method of increasing tax free disposable income that is open to all citizens. Thanks to tea money everybody is always guaranteed to get the lowest price so what could me more democratic than that?

Open to all (Thai) citizens? Arai wah?!?

This ain't Nottingham Forest mate.

allows you to get away with dangerous and moronic driving for 200 baht per police checkpoint.

The 7 must be at the lower end of the food chain. The clever ones let everyone collect, send in their fair share, let the months take accumulate in bank, volunteer to retrieve funds for the split, and then disappear with the proceeds. Why work a life time skimming when you can get right now? Guess they never heard of concrete overshoes, ocean/swamp, and swimming lessons.

Oh this is rich. My wife is telling me the police chiefs in La-Un have sacked 7 of their underlings for not passing the tea money upwards. :lol:

Oh that is rich, Mosha, the invisible falang (self choosen custom member title) telling us on the internet forum what his wife was telling him.

allows you to get away with dangerous and moronic driving for 200 baht per police checkpoint.

Absolutely ! That's the beauty of the system but people don't seem to understand.

Basically, the speed limit is around 80/100 km/h but personally, if I drive at this speed, I just fall asleep after 10 km :D . Fortunately we are in Thailand. so we can buy a ticket for around 200 Baht that allows us to drive at 140 km/h :D . Pretty cool isn't it :D ?

The money is collected at some "toll gates" same as in the highway. But then it gets even better. At lunch time, when it's raining or when they're busy on the other side, there is nobody at the toll booth :) and you don't even need to pay :D .

And there are people :D who criticize the police in Thailand ...

Edited by Pierrot

I can understand this 'tea money' culture.

100 bags of Lipton cost 125 Baht in Makro, 100 Bags of Tesco's own brand cost 100 Baht.

However, I've a new method, using cheap green tea (loose leaf, 12 boxes for 210 baht) and a big plastic jug.

Tea ain't cheap here!

Is this thread about police bribes?

Why call it tea money if it's a bribe?

What's this tea money nonsense? It's a bribe.

It's about the absence of UK quality tea bags in most supermarkets.

I can understand this 'tea money' culture.

100 bags of Lipton cost 125 Baht in Makro, 100 Bags of Tesco's own brand cost 100 Baht.

However, I've a new method, using cheap green tea (loose leaf, 12 boxes for 210 baht) and a big plastic jug.

Tea ain't cheap here!

Gotta give a + to the Brits here :) !

Oh this is rich. My wife is telling me the police chiefs in La-Un have sacked 7 of their underlings for not passing the tea money upwards. :)

The underling police that are seen in the tourist areas extracting payment in their Mafioso way speak to Thais who are not as high and mighty as themselves like theyre worse then muck ..... so i for one am glad these people who are probably jumped up little Hitlers may one day soon be working in some sweatshop.

So when you go back, don't forget to stock up :) Which reminds me. RKid is due out here in November. :D

So when you go back, don't forget to stock up :) Which reminds me. RKid is due out here in November. :D

No return to Blighty for me in the foreseeable.

Seriously, I got this loose leaf tea in Makro, 210 Baht for a dozen boxes. One box makes about 40 cups. Tastes like PG Tips, sort of. Quite nice.

This ain't Nottingham Forest mate.

More's the pity.