Dog Friendly Parks

I know this was raised in August 2008 but that was almost a year ago and i think the authorities have tightened regulations and most parks do not allow dogs. Can we start this up again as I would like to know where we can take our dogs for exercise, fun etc. I live in soi 14 Chaeng wattana and though can take the dog around the lake all the nice parks within a 15 min drive state no dogs which is a shame. Can we build up a site where members can list parks which are dog friendly and not just in the centre of BGK but throughout the city as many of us live outside the centre.

Please state park where it is and how big and how to get there would be usefull I think

I know this was raised in August 2008 but that was almost a year ago and i think the authorities have tightened regulations and most parks do not allow dogs. Can we start this up again as I would like to know where we can take our dogs for exercise, fun etc. I live in soi 14 Chaeng wattana and though can take the dog around the lake all the nice parks within a 15 min drive state no dogs which is a shame. Can we build up a site where members can list parks which are dog friendly and not just in the centre of BGK but throughout the city as many of us live outside the centre.

Please state park where it is and how big and how to get there would be usefull I think

I was planning to open up a Dog and Bird park here in Bangkok but still looking for a nice location..It will be a park for animals..I will advice you about the detail end of this year..For now,you can run with your dogs out in the side walk with leash..

Mighty

Animal trainer.

I think this is the best place for dog walking and for your exercise as well.

Many people take thier dog here. So it is confirmed that pet friendly.

This place consists of 3 huge reserviors, it's just been promoted by Bangkok Methopolis to be an only water sport park in Bangkok.

If you look up the Google map, just paralel to Suwananbhumi airport, next to Suanloung Rama9 park.

The best access way is from Srinakarin Rd. and turn left to Chalaorm phrakiat Rd. and turn left again at Soi 43.

It is easy for people who live in Bangna-Trad, Srinakarin area. For those who not in the area, you can stick to express way and keep on the outer ring road.

Hope to see you there sometimes

I think this is the best place for dog walking and for your exercise as well.

Many people take thier dog here. So it is confirmed that pet friendly.

This place consists of 3 huge reserviors, it's just been promoted by Bangkok Methopolis to be an only water sport park in Bangkok.

If you look up the Google map, just paralel to Suwananbhumi airport, next to Suanloung Rama9 park.

The best access way is from Srinakarin Rd. and turn left to Chalaorm phrakiat Rd. and turn left again at Soi 43.

It is easy for people who live in Bangna-Trad, Srinakarin area. For those who not in the area, you can stick to express way and keep on the outer ring road.

Hope to see you there sometimes

I have taken my bigger dog there and no problems. For those who go the first time, the soi is pretty shabby and doesn't look like it will ever lead to anything remotely relating to a big park, but ultimately it does.

Can always just let it out into the moo bahn at 6am like all my neighbors do.. It can then enjoy tearing open the garbage bags and pooping on the speed humps like all the other dogs in Thailand.. :D

Actually maybe dog parks would be a good idea.. But how to get Thais to walk around with their dogs.. Guess you'd have to provide golf carts a roof and A/c too....

LOS the land of the World's laziest dog owners.... :)

It's not near you, but between Pinklao andPutthamonthon there is a place called "Pet Paradise" that has large grounds. Also has a Pet Restaurant (owners can eat, too!) and a pet hotel.

Excellent recommendation. Pet Paradise Park is where I boarded my golden for 3 months while she took their obedience course. It is wonderful and really easy to get to. The owner is a Vet and loves dogs.