YouYouYou

Bangkok

517682282.png

Newark

517683962.png

My Router status shows

Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 2048 / 506

not good for a premier 2/1mb

The "down" speed is OK - you're getting around 70% of the rated speed, but the "up" is a bit low.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok

517682282.png

Newark

517683962.png

My Router status shows

The "down" speed is OK - you're getting around 70% of the rated speed, but the "up" is a bit low.

Yes I also have a fault logged as my upstream speed has dropped in my router status from 1024 to 512, Maxnet just rang and had reset the config, now the upstream is showing 429kbps.

Bangkok

517682282.png

Newark

517683962.png

My Router status shows

Unfortunately, the 2Mps packages were upgraded to 3Mp packages so Baz is only getting about 50% of the rated speed. Sucks

Bangkok

517682282.png

Newark

517683962.png

My Router status shows

Unfortunately, the 2Mps packages were upgraded to 3Mp packages so Baz is only getting about 50% of the rated speed. Sucks

Nope, mine is premier, so i get lower contention ratio(5:1), no throttling of bit torrent, good international bandwidth supposedly.

its a 2mb/1mb package, I wouldnt use Indy as its only designed for local Thai browsing.

Strange as I had the Premium 2Mb package at 590 baht per month and was upgraded to 3Mp at the same price about 2 months ago. My router status shows 3072/509 and was good all over the world till about 2 weeks ago. Thailand is still the same but the rest of the world went to sh_t.

517865255.png

Bangkok

517682282.png

Newark

517683962.png

My Router status shows

Yes I also have a fault logged as my upstream speed has dropped in my router status from 1024 to 512, Maxnet just rang and had reset the config, now the upstream is showing 429kbps.

I'm not on TT&T but TOT and noticed the same errors in the past 2 or 3 weeks,never noticed this before that.My speeds showing in the modem configuration show strange numbers like 236 kbps or 342 kbpps.It could be coincidence but I think the problem lays somewhere else then with the local providers.

Yeah ....1 day and 1 hour and 37 minutes until my internet is amazingly fixed by the wave of a wand :D !!!

Just lookingover today's posts, I just love that Indy 5MB figure from JetsetBKK to Frisco: 3.51 DL 0.39 UL ping 290MS ...pretty darned good. Gawd, woudln't it be nice if we could stabilise that kind of performance?

Phil C: You were unhappy on your premier on 6th July ...any improvement? (I hope so for you)

Now then, Yes, Yes, Yes ...I'm on Indy. I would generally agree that 'Biz' is better than 'Premier' and that 'Premier' is better than 'Indy'. It makes sense that the more you pay, the less contention and thus a better service. Agreed. (In general)

However, (AND AS A NON-TECCY), Indy is 'restricted' Int. gate ..yes we all know that. But, restrcited essentially means 'reduced service/capability of connectivity (e.g P2P voip etc.)' ...It does not mean ZERO connectivity ...which is my case for ...let me think ...25 days now. I know this as I have one particular web in U.S that I use frequently which will NOT connect before around midnight. Before 25 days ago, I could connect, no problem. Also, my service to U.S. in particular is dire, that's all I can say. (I think I've pointed out enough already on this eh LOL)

So, and to reiterate again: Maxnet have admitted they have a problem to me and to others,both Indy and Premier customers , So we can beat up the 'cheapskates', but we'll have to pick on premier customers too for being less than satisfied.

Through this long thread so far, I have been gratful to the teccy's and their comments ...it gives food for thought. But, just as a non-teccy, I'd like to say that I believe Maxnet is in a big mess at the moment, and does have many issues, such as: the 'takeover problem' (there's a link on page one) and this is probably at the top of the stack. I think until this problem is resolved, all other problems and problems that the customers have are 'on hold' ...hence, '2 weeks', '1 week', 'gateway broken', 'upgrading' and any other excuses (as posted on this thread already) that have been forthcoming from Maxnet to its Indy and premier customers. So, we can all but wait.

In the meantime, if you feel dissatisfied with your service: Go to your local branch with some evidence and refuse to pay the bill. I have, and this worked. I am bill free until midnight tonight, and for everyday I am 'dissatisfied' I will stop 19 Baht 40 Satang (+tax) from next months bill (the cost of Indy per day). Some of you may say, '20 baht a day, what's his problem?' ... It's not the amount, It's the principle ...why give anyone any money for anything if you are not satisifed with that service? That's where I'm coming from !

Yes, Maxnet does have a problem at the moment, and we can mull over this thanks to Thai Visa ... I hope this thread will close soon because then we are all happy and content with our service from Maxnet ...but ....watch this space.

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls :)

Yeah ....1 day and 1 hour and 37 minutes until my internet is amazingly fixed by the wave of a wand :D !!!

Just lookingover today's posts, I just love that Indy 5MB figure from JetsetBKK to Frisco: 3.51 DL 0.39 UL ping 290MS ...pretty darned good. Gawd, woudln't it be nice if we could stabilise that kind of performance?

Phil C: You were unhappy on your premier on 6th July ...any improvement? (I hope so for you)

Now then, Yes, Yes, Yes ...I'm on Indy. I would generally agree that 'Biz' is better than 'Premier' and that 'Premier' is better than 'Indy'. It makes sense that the more you pay, the less contention and thus a better service. Agreed. (In general)

However, (AND AS A NON-TECCY), Indy is 'restricted' Int. gate ..yes we all know that. But, restrcited essentially means 'reduced service/capability of connectivity (e.g P2P voip etc.)' ...It does not mean ZERO connectivity ...which is my case for ...let me think ...25 days now. I know this as I have one particular web in U.S that I use frequently which will NOT connect before around midnight. Before 25 days ago, I could connect, no problem. Also, my service to U.S. in particular is dire, that's all I can say. (I think I've pointed out enough already on this eh LOL)

So, and to reiterate again: Maxnet have admitted they have a problem to me and to others,both Indy and Premier customers , So we can beat up the 'cheapskates', but we'll have to pick on premier customers too for being less than satisfied.

Through this long thread so far, I have been gratful to the teccy's and their comments ...it gives food for thought. But, just as a non-teccy, I'd like to say that I believe Maxnet is in a big mess at the moment, and does have many issues, such as: the 'takeover problem' (there's a link on page one) and this is probably at the top of the stack. I think until this problem is resolved, all other problems and problems that the customers have are 'on hold' ...hence, '2 weeks', '1 week', 'gateway broken', 'upgrading' and any other excuses (as posted on this thread already) that have been forthcoming from Maxnet to its Indy and premier customers. So, we can all but wait.

In the meantime, if you feel dissatisfied with your service: Go to your local branch with some evidence and refuse to pay the bill. I have, and this worked. I am bill free until midnight tonight, and for everyday I am 'dissatisfied' I will stop 19 Baht 40 Satang (+tax) from next months bill (the cost of Indy per day). Some of you may say, '20 baht a day, what's his problem?' ... It's not the amount, It's the principle ...why give anyone any money for anything if you are not satisifed with that service? That's where I'm coming from !

Yes, Maxnet does have a problem at the moment, and we can mull over this thanks to Thai Visa ... I hope this thread will close soon because then we are all happy and content with our service from Maxnet ...but ....watch this space.

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls :)

As I said in a previous post I am on TOT not TT&T so I hope it is different for you as it was to me.I have tried the scenario of not paying as you described 2 times with TOT.The billing department manager was even so generous to take back my printed bill and tell me that I should wait with paying until I recieved my corrected bill.Then suddenly after 2 months or something the connection was cut off.Went to to the office and was told with a BIG smile that if I didn't pay there would be no adsl.Argumentation about what they told me earlier only resulted in the typical thai smile(read:pay or <removed> off).

Customer service and rights are not existing in this country.

^ Oh blimey :) ...I dunno about you, but I 'firmly asked' them for a signed letter waiving my bill for the month. I did this because 'heresay' in Thailand and around the world means nothing in the long run/court of law. I suggest to all others you request this if your bill is an issue ....no signed letter ..just sit there patiently untill they give you what you request. At the end of the day, it's all about that scary word in Thailand ...."Responsibility" ...demand this, in a polite way, and wait, and be patient, it will be forthcoming !

P.S.: sry for edit... In this particular scenario, if you cannot read Thai, take someone along who can assure you of the Thai content. Sry, I can read Thai so no prob for me.

Edited by YouYouYou

Just talked to the guy down the street from me as he had a technician from TT&T come out today. The tech told him he needed to upgrade to Premium to get better speed so he did. We just both ran speed checks to the US and both were the same. So much for upgrading to Premium.

something seems to have changed in the last few days. my default gateway has changed from 117.47.1.1 to something 203 number.

my line attentuatio/SNR margin has also worsen.

i am wondering if they are repairing the infastructure? it seems like they have removed the gateway close to my house.

can some premium user confirm this? what are you default gateway numbers and have they changed in the past few days?

something seems to have changed in the last few days. my default gateway has changed from 117.47.1.1 to something 203 number.

my line attentuatio/SNR margin has also worsen.

i am wondering if they are repairing the infastructure? it seems like they have removed the gateway close to my house.

can some premium user confirm this? what are you default gateway numbers and have they changed in the past few days?

gw is no 124.157.172.1

Looks like east coast speeds are improving..........I will keep my fingers crossed.

518439638.png

518441089.png

Of course NY still sucks, must be where my email server is as it took 15 mimutes to download a 4MB video clip.

518445358.png

Edited by Rdrokit

Hello all,

Just thought I would stick my head in and let you all know that the problems at this end are persisting.

I went to the local TT& T office today and the lady there was none the wiser about any of this, however she was quck to suggest we go from indy to premier packages..... :D which is exactly what you want to do when you get such good service from an organsiation NOT!

Anyway, due to the fact she was no english communicator and the fact my thai is certainly not thorough enuf to run thru all of these problems the GF gaver her a brief rundown and we were directed to the 13 number. :D

I left the office with absolutly no doubt in anyones mind that I was certainly NOT going to pay for this service. The lady at the branch said it was important to again check our line to see that there wasnt a problem with the line....naturally after they do that we will get some other excuse....

I'm not sure what annoys me the most, the fact that this PATHETIC INTERNET COMPANY cant provide a service or the fact that these people think we are THAT STUPID. :)

Hello all,

Just thought I would stick my head in and let you all know that the problems at this end are persisting.

I went to the local TT& T office today and the lady there was none the wiser about any of this, however she was quck to suggest we go from indy to premier packages..... :D which is exactly what you want to do when you get such good service from an organsiation NOT!

Anyway, due to the fact she was no english communicator and the fact my thai is certainly not thorough enuf to run thru all of these problems the GF gaver her a brief rundown and we were directed to the 13 number. :D

I left the office with absolutly no doubt in anyones mind that I was certainly NOT going to pay for this service. The lady at the branch said it was important to again check our line to see that there wasnt a problem with the line....naturally after they do that we will get some other excuse....

I'm not sure what annoys me the most, the fact that this PATHETIC INTERNET COMPANY cant provide a service or the fact that these people think we are THAT STUPID. :)

did you tell them "I'll be back"... like in that well known movie... ? :D

Edited by webfact

I downgraded from 4/1M Premier to 2/1M. No use paying 1600b more for 2M extra thai-internal bandwidth. The international bandwidth currently is better than before TT&T changed their routing away from Singtel, about 3.2M to San Jose now, but I suspect it'll drop back to under 2M soon enough. I suggest people on the 2M+ accounts who do not use internet within the thai net check if they are paying for nothing.

Hello all,

Webfact, I get the feeling theres no point telling them anything, they forget 2 seconds after you walk out the door.

Funny one for you, rang the 13 number again, spoke with the chap, explained the problem & he asked if he could check something and ring back, took down both of the telephone numbers, the house and the mobile and hung up. That was about 70 minutes ago, maybe a bit longer, why do I have the feeling hes never going to ring back? :D

Hello all,

I'm not sure what annoys me the most, the fact that this PATHETIC INTERNET COMPANY cant provide a service or the fact that these people think we are THAT STUPID. :D

Webfact, I get the feeling theres no point telling them anything, they forget 2 seconds after you walk out the door.

Funny one for you, rang the 13 number again, spoke with the chap, explained the problem & he asked if he could check something and ring back, took down both of the telephone numbers, the house and the mobile and hung up. That was about 70 minutes ago, maybe a bit longer, why do I have the feeling hes never going to ring back? :D

I've got that feeling too... :) Don't give up - stand tall! TiT and a miracle can happen at any time... :D

Edited by webfact

Hello all,

I'm not sure what annoys me the most, the fact that this PATHETIC INTERNET COMPANY cant provide a service or the fact that these people think we are THAT STUPID. :D

I've got that feeling too... :) Don't give up - stand tall! TiT and a miracle can happen at any time... :D

Its a cultural problem as much as an educational problem. Thais tend to make assumptions about a lot of things which are almost impossible to shift - often because they are too lazy to get information and actually think about stuff - a knee-jerk is always easier and involves less effort. They will assume they know what you need even better than you do and there is often no way to get a Thai to listen to the possibility that they got it wrong... even if they wanted to admit the possibility, which they don't. Getting stuff wrong is a face-loser and face is more important than anything else to a Thai. Admitting error by changing their initial assumptions is often a definite no-no.

Since their managers never hold them accountable, they never learn any different. Make no mistake, a manager is there for as long as the staff think they should be there. So no point complaining to the manager.

In Thailand, smoothness of relationships and social interaction is more important than actually doing a good job. Much more important. That's why they're still a part of the developing world and perilously close to being a failed state.

Oops, did I just break a forum rule? Perhaps I had better complain about Germans instead. Or Finns.

Kev

im with the premium package ... paying 2.200 baht a month... this is what i get for that money.

ttandt.jpg

that is for my server in Finland.... nice... i really feel like premium customer :)

Edited by 0zz1

TV speedtest gives me this...

Last Result:

Download Speed: 506 kbps (63.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 27 kbps (3.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 3798 ms

for me uploading is more important than downloading... and the results are really not worth what im paying for... is there any decent internet provider in CM? my house is located in Suthep Road.

Hello all,

They never ring back do they?

TV speedtest gives me this...

Last Result:

Download Speed: 506 kbps (63.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 27 kbps (3.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 3798 ms

for me uploading is more important than downloading... and the results are really not worth what im paying for... is there any decent internet provider in CM? my house is located in Suthep Road.

TV speedtest here

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1740 kbps (217.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 136 kbps (17 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 556 ms

Thursday, July 16, 2009 22:03:48

Daah , daah ! Yes, Just 42 minutes until my internet is fixed :D ... I think NOT !!!

I was told by a woman from the Phetchaburi branch (032 440013) at 12.46 today: "mii banhaa tuk tuk thii, ja gare banhaa ik song sapdaa"

"There is a problem everywhere and the internet will be fixed in 2 weeks." :D

Quote me ....eer 14 days ago ..err thats two weeks yeah! .... well, unless this happens in the next few minutes, MAXNET HAVE BROKEN THEIR PROMISE ...err again. Yep, it's been that 2 weeks now!!! LOL.

Oh mann, what a garbage/rubbish/useless/incompetent service provider maxnet is ...sry feeling none too polite tonight. This is just gonna go on and on and on and on. I tried switching to TOT today and they have the infrastructure to my part of the 'amphur muang' where I live now ..but 'Dee saalam tem' ..no room on Dslam at mo' so I have 'jong laew' and hope to hear from them soon ...enough of Maxnet yeah, I've just had enough. I maybe jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, but hey I gotta take this chance as Maxnet is not worthy of a single Baht of my money anymore. I'll give TOT a go ... I just don't have anything to lose now, do I???.

P.S. I only have two options where I live: Maxnet or TOT ...apparently next year sez Webfact, poss. True ..but not at mo'.

So, now I am on my next months bill and thus technically paying again after my waiver for last month. Tomorrow, I'm going to my local office and tell them all again "I ain't paying till ya fix it" ...up to them <deleted> they do ! I don't care anymore.

Again this is a Premier and Indy problem and I think I would be a fool to upgrade to Premier and give them another 500 baht + a bit of tax to have just another round of problems. They have until Aug 9th (my 1 year is up) to fix and then I'm gonna rip out the wiring, the router and throw it out on the street ...Jing, Jing!! ...If TOT ain't ready by then ..then well no internet at all.

Ya know, even tonight, just logging in to TV to get to the post reply page took me around 6 minutes ....garbage Thai, useless International ...Why should i pay for this? I get better on my TOT dial up (3 baht 2 hours) LOL.

On a final rant ..err sry note: Hey the winner of the 'That takes the biscuit award 2009' goes to OZZ1 in his post 175 today.

Premier customer, 2200 PCM: Helsinki ....DL 30KBPS UL 20KBPS Ping 5569 MS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maaan! less than dial up ..wooow!

Hey, I beat ya Ozz1 !!! ..never hit Finland before but absolute ligthening on my Indy LOL ..compared to your premier! ...66% more DL and 150% more UL ....get on! But any better than dial up! LOL.

518728631.png

Maxnet: yer a disgrace to yer customers, both Indy and Premier. 'khon thamngaan thii maxnet: aan ruu ruang may? khit wa may ruu ruang loey' Duuuuhhhh Maxnet :D:D:D

Good luck to you all, your bill waivers, your 1103 calls, and your general well being TY Triple You not Triple T :)