Live Rugby League

... I reckon Warrington will overpower Bradford.

Should I put money on that?

I very much doubt you would get good odds. For me, the semi-final place is enough, and a few quid here or there would make little difference, and I'm not confident enough that I would put a lot of money on it.

SC

So I got home in time to get to Sid's for a virtual trip to Odsall courtesy of Eurosport and Astro. Most of the other games of the weekend seem to have failed to record.... And I've been deliberately avoiding checking the scores.

Ten minutes gone at Odsall, still nil - nil, Warrington can't get over the Bradford try line

And I've no sooner said that than Warrington catch a knock-on from the tackle, Ryan Atkins wins a penalty, Richie Myler sells a dummy, beats one man and dives under another to score beside the posts. 6-0 after 17 minutes

But less than two minutes later, Bradford are over in the corner for a try of their own

Edited by StreetCowboy

Warrington force a goal line drop out from the kick off ...... And Ryan Atkins has scored! 4-12

Warrington turn over possession and attack again, and Scotland Star Matty Russell scores a third for the visitors - playing in blue, with primrose highlights, for those of you watching in black and white. The home side are playing in white with black stripes, for those of you watching in colour

Edited by StreetCowboy

Bradford claw back a fortunate try early in the second half, and it's 10 - 18! But a few moments later, try scorer Luke Goerge is left facing three Warrngton attackers, and it's Gene Ormsby that scores. Chris Bridge makes it four out of four, 10 - 24.

Richard Silverwood, the video referee, if anyone was speculating, has been asked to call on obstruction as Warrington play the ball from a metre out, and Richie Myler scores again, and the lead is extended to 10 - 30. And before you can say "Warrington could run away with this", Joel Monaghan scores in the corner to further extend the lead. Que sera, sera, and Chris Bridge kicks it in off the post.

Edited by StreetCowboy

well sc.never mind the world cups first game if you didn't see leeds vs huddersfield you are in for one big treet.

by the time it finished the brazil game was into the final half,and that was enough excitement for one day plus having to drive to immigration to come later.must go down as one of the best.i think there's a game sat.morn.1.30am.that will do for me.

well sc.never mind the world cups first game if you didn't see leeds vs huddersfield you are in for one big treet.

by the time it finished the brazil game was into the final half,and that was enough excitement for one day plus having to drive to immigration to come later.must go down as one of the best.i think there's a game sat.morn.1.30am.that will do for me.

You've got me looking forward to the Huddersfield Leeds game now - I'm disappointed the Leeds Leigh game never recorded properly, so I missed that.

You've got me looking forward to the Huddersfield Leeds game now - I'm disappointed the Leeds Leigh game never recorded properly, so I missed that.

what ever you do don't leave the room to make a cup of tetly's during the second half.

what ever you do don't leave the room to make a cup of tetly's during the second half.

Cracking game, and drama till after the final hooter. Wigan - Castleford was a one-sided drubbing.

I'm watching 8th placed Catalans entertain league leaders St Helens just now - Dragons 4 - 0 up after 20 minutes.

Good wins for Wakefield, Hull and Warrington last night...

yes sc.the hooter goes,"THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER" oh no its not,huddersfield daren't celebrate,leeds score,wait a minute its going upstairs,w00t.gif try or no try? silence all aroundfacepalm.gif here comes the result NO TRYsmile.png

big queue for the bog.bah.gif

Did you see the game last night? Catalans thumped league leaders St Helens in Perpignan, 42 - 0. I stopped watching at half time, when it was only 8 - 0.

no, I did see wigan thump cas,or dear saints are giving the owner sleepless nights,have to have a butchers at the table.

I wonder how my boyo's got on against S.A.[union]

Logan Tomkins, on loan from Wigan, scores first for Salford at Barton On Irwell to take the lead against Bradford half way through the third minute. And Salford are reipping the bulls defence to pieces, with a third try in the seventh minute

24 - 6 as Bradford pull one back, so to speak

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

roll on thurs.morning 2am.wigan with a game in hand and only 2points behind saints play widnes.a win would leave the championship wide open only 4 points covering the top 5.

It's a bit of a challenge for Widnes, facing Wigan on Thursday and then Leeds on Sunday.

I can imagine London must be struggling to maintain their sense of humour, still without a win more than half way through the season.

SC

roll on thurs.morning 2am.wigan with a game in hand and only 2points behind saints play widnes.a win would leave the championship wide open only 4 points covering the top 5.

roll on be fk.what did z tv.show on euro-sport hrs.after hrs.of iron man series nz.first then oz.

so I had to watch spain vs chilli.

Warrington are playing tonight. Only one televised game this weekend on Astro - Bradford - Hull KR, and Bradford continued their dismal run of form.

Wakefield are playing Wigan this evening. Hull fell just short against Catalans yesterday

In the other code, I watched France and England fail to live up to expectations. Scotland's last gasp win over Argentina wasn't shown, I've recorded the S Africa - Wales game and I'm watching Japan - Italy just now. Japan will be hopeful of making it to the quarter-finals of the World Cup next year for the first time, at the expense of Scotland and Samoa

SC

• Like 1

Warrington are playing tonight. Only one televised game this weekend on Astro - Bradford - Hull KR, and Bradford continued their dismal run of form.

Wakefield are playing Wigan this evening. Hull fell just short against Catalans yesterday

In the other code, I watched France and England fail to live up to expectations. Scotland's last gasp win over Argentina wasn't shown, I've recorded the S Africa - Wales game and I'm watching Japan - Italy just now. Japan will be hopeful of making it to the quarter-finals of the World Cup next year for the first time, at the expense of Scotland and Samoa

SC

I saw the hull kr and Bradford I feel for Bradford what has happened to them,2006-2011 I missed most of rl.

I watched the Italy vs japan not a bad effort by japan to beat them.

havnt had a look at s.africa wales result.

watched 2hs.of combat fighting this morn.2-4am.getting fed up with the footie.

Sorry I'm late - 'Scuse me, my apologies - I'm sat just over there, can I squeeze past, to the sofa...

Well, chaps, here we are, virtually at the packed Halliwell Jones

Chris Bridge can't make it three from three, and it's 16 - 6 here.

Elsewhere, as we make it to the half hour mark, Wakefield are still in touch trailing Wigan...

"Gene Ormsby breaks on the wing, a perfect fullback tackle but a penalty for delaying the play the ball" and Warrington are attacking

... trailing Wigan 6 - 10.

Widnes, hosting Leeds, trail 6 - 10 as well, and St Helens lead Castleford 4 - 0

Junior Sao has been penalised for a double movement as he stretches over, and Salford's second try is disallowed, despite the opinion of the commentators.

It's lovely and warm here at the Halliwell Jones, by the way.

Ian Chisnell commentating on the wireless, by the way. I'm guessing Ray French is at Langtree Park this afternoon

But back at the Halliwell Jones Ryan Atkins breaks, passes inside while Rhees Evans is remonstrating and Ben Currie knocks on - a let-off for the Red Devils

Warrington win a scrum against the head right in front of the Salford sticks, and Adrian thinks, Ian thinks and more importantly James Child thinks that's a fourth try for Warrington as Joel Monaghan scores

And the first half ends 22-6 for Warrington. Elsewhere, Wakefield are holding leaders Wigan to an 18 all draw! St Helens 16 - 4 Castleford could see Saints back on the top of the table, and Widnes are 12 - 10 up at home to Leeds! Ray and Allan will be beside themselves, as well as each other!

And in the second half, Adrian Morley goes through like a bullet under the sticks to score Salford's second on his return to the Haliwell Jones

Warrington 22 - 12 Salford

Rhees Evans breaks but he's brought down by a classic full-back's tackle, and Ratchford passes out to Chris Reilly who knocks on for another butchered chance for Warrington

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

And Salford have scored, after a Rangi chase kick, as Junior Sao pounces on Warrington's hesitancy, wondering if the ball will bounce dead, but Rangi Chase has missed the kick - 22 - 16 as we near the mid-point of the second half, and Walton knocks on at dummy half to give Warrington a scrum 32 metres away from the Devils' line

Ben Westwood wins a penalty and Warrington are going for goal to make it a two-score margin with 19 minutes to go and Chris Bridge makes it 24 - 16

Ratchford pops it over the top and Rhees Evans takes it to touch down and James Child signals the fifth try to Warrington

Wakefield are leading Wigan 26 - 24, St Helens are safely 28 - 4 up against Castleford and Leeds are pulling away 28 - 16 at Widnes

And full-back Evels (?) takes a pass from a Rangi Chase break to score but Chase can't get the conversion, and it's 30 - 20

And Warrington finish strongly with a Ben Currie try to make it 36 - 20 while Wakefield are still leading Wigan. Paul Sykes converts to make it Wakefield 36 - 28 Wigan and it looks like the mid-week game against Widnes may have taken more out of Wigan than we thought... Certainly Widnes are struggling, trailing 28 - 38 against Leeds as the final whistle goes there...

Tim Smith misses a drop goal and Wigan have 60 seconds to score twice to avoid their fifth defeat of the season. Josh Charnley knocks on as Wakefield head towards their best of their six wins this season, edging a little further clear of the relegation zone. And Leeds and St Helens both leapfrog Wigan to 2nd and 1st positions respecrively. Wakefield now 10 points ahead of Bradford and relegation

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

dai 48 will be happybiggrin.png

Thursday HKR VS HUDDERSFIELD,hull on a roll should be interesting.2am.for me.

Indeed I will ... indeed I will.

Sorry SC ... no more likes in the kitbag ... please accept a higher accolade.

kangaroo-boxer-1.gif

interesting to say the least,an entertaining game from start to finish made better by decisions or should I say the lack of them by the officials.in case sc.has taped it I DONT KNOW WHO WONwai.gif

interesting to say the least,an entertaining game from start to finish made better by decisions or should I say the lack of them by the officials.in case sc.has taped it I DONT KNOW WHO WONwai.gif

Thanks for that - I'm looking forward to it.

Apparently Thailand Rugby League are kicking off a Bangkok-based tournament, with three or four bangkok-based teams and one from Pattaya.

They have a facebook page that you could search for...

SC

Top game! I think Richard Silverwood could've done better, but it was nice that he and Steve Ganson were wearing matching jackets. I think this season's coverage of the video referees is tremendous - it's ended a lot of unnecessary speculation.

In Broadwood, Wales Under-19 Nines beat Scotland, but remarkably, Canada 24 - 4 England!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/2014-Rugby-League-Commonwealth-Championships/486447188151452?ref=stream&fref=nf

SC

what a bonus this morning,wasnt goner get up but my boy wanted a pee.

wigan vs saints another fantastic game,i don't think my bp.will take anymore.

whats on today sc.

if you didn't see it,dont read the papers.

who won MB.dont know.

what a bonus this morning,wasnt goner get up but my boy wanted a pee.

wigan vs saints another fantastic game,i don't think my bp.will take anymore.

whats on today sc.

if you didn't see it,dont read the papers.

who won MB.dont know.

A cracking game with drama to the end.

I'll try and catch Warrington - Bradford tomorrow night, at the same time as Wakefield - Hull FC; both games are on BBC commentary

SC