Transferring Cassettte To Disc

Sparkles

My cousin in England has just forwarded to me 2 cassettes of my mother and father (talking) that were sent to her in the early 70's a real history scrapbook of our family

I am concerned that their condition may deterioate further and would like to find out if its posible to transfer them to a disc. Any advice on where I could get this done please in CM ?

My cousin in England has just forwarded to me 2 cassettes of my mother and father (talking) that were sent to her in the early 70's a real history scrapbook of our family

I am concerned that their condition may deterioate further and would like to find out if its posible to transfer them to a disc. Any advice on where I could get this done please in CM ?

He should have sent you one of these too maybe they have something similar in CM?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...84&source=1

This is not difficult and yes, tape does degrade rather quickly in this climate.You would need a decent cassette deck for the transfer process to the computer. Also a program like toast.

If the audio needs restoration the process is a bit more complicated.

I do restorations all the time from tape and degraded audio files in my studio. If you can not find some one in CM you could send the cassettes to me via post for restoration and transfer to CD.

I'm not sure how we might communicate through Thai Visa in confidence. If you need my assistance please reply to this message and we will figure out a way to contact. Regards.

Edited by tpthai2

i know of 2 shops in cm that offer that kind of service.

a) there's one @ pantip plaza. but i never tried it.

B) there's another one @ icon square, next to computer plaza, on mani noppharat rd. 1st floor, enter staircase to left side, walk by game shop. guy speaks english, fares are reasonable, he's doing a good job.