Auto Aircon Problem

I have a Peugeot 406 (2004 model), and the aircon has gone west. Yontrakit ae wanting to charge me 40,000 for a new compressor, but this seems a bit much and something about the guy didn;t seem right.

Anyone know what a reasonable price for this is and is there a good repair shop I should be going to? I live close to Seacon Square on Srinakarin Rd.

Cheers for any relies...

I have a Peugeot 406 (2004 model), and the aircon has gone west. Yontrakit ae wanting to charge me 40,000 for a new compressor, but this seems a bit much and something about the guy didn;t seem right.

Anyone know what a reasonable price for this is and is there a good repair shop I should be going to? I live close to Seacon Square on Srinakarin Rd.

Cheers for any relies...

I am not familiar with the car but air conditioner compressors tend to use the one type in many different cars, get a few quotes you know what to ask for. Is it even the compressor that is faulty? may be just a gas leak.

40'k is typical for Yontra. Go in a AC shop, maybe they can rebuild your compressor or change it with a rebuilt one. Normally you have to change the driyer and valve as well, cleaning and vacum and recharge the AC system. Should be not over 10'000 Baht, if you go to a local AC shop. I can't recomment someone in Bangkok, because i living in Pattaya.

That's good advice from both, and I thank you both for it.

On the back of the a/c thing, they just charged me 20,000 for a 80,000km service on the Peugeot 406, which prompts me to look in other directions now that the vehicle is 4 years old.

Anyone know of a good place to get regular servicing done in Bangkok? (I am close to Seacon Square, Srinakarin Road). Also, is there a good auto aircon place I can go to following that suggestion?

Kev

• 2 weeks later...