Thaksin Was Never Here: Kl's Top Cop

george

Do the super rich with their private jets even bother with immigration stamps?

Almost any airport can handle a small private jet, yet how does immigration work at these airports?

Let's face it, if you land your jet at some small provincial airport in the UK, there is no way immigration are going to be waiting for you.

Maybe these international high flyers are expected to present their passports at the earliest convenient time

Errrrr.....try landing on a non international strip as a plane from oversea's and you would have the customs / immigration and most likely airforce on ur tail.

I was in KL that day, and local papers reported he evaded capture and fled the country.

Yeh, right !

Why anyone would want to lift a finger is besides me

1. Thailand let him go to start off with ( just to see the olympics of course )

2. Most in the region see us as politcally unstable - why upset someone who might possible take over through an act of a miracle.

All of the above Farang comments/posts parrotting the English language media. It is unfortunate for all concerned that there is no independent media. This is particularly problemmatic for Farangs as their linguistic deficiencies prevent them from gaining greater insight from alternative sources.

It is interesting to note in above newspaper article, that the word "fugitive" must be incorporated into every report dealing with Thaksin. In this case they even inserted it into the quote from the Malaysia official, even though it didn't make sense at that point. But never mind, a rule is a rule!

Are you farangs fully informed about the million-plus signature petition happening in the country? Is your English language media keeping you informed about this and what is happening in their midst?.........................No, I didn't thinks so.

No such thing as independent media. Everyone has an agenda, including you.

True. A defense of electoral democracy agenda.....to counteract the opposite agenda spearheaded by the Thai English language media which is the only one you Farangs can read, and which many of you parrot. There is nothing balanced about my POV. The unfortunate part is most of you Farangs have a limited historical perspective and have little understanding of the pre-Thaksin Thailand. You might well ask yourself the question one of your Politicians asked during a re-election campaign - "are you better off now, than you were four years ago?" Ask a knowledgable Thai: "was he better off pre and post-Thaksin than he was during the Thaksin years".

Fertwert, you resent the media using the (undisputable) word fugitive in front of Thaksin's name...kind of like you always put (dubious) Pro-democracy in front of the reds? Talk about agenda.

Absolutely. I don't pretend not to have an agenda. I have an agenda - undisputable! I invite all those who have a tendency to dump on the pro-democracy Red Shirts to attend one of their events. Don't let anyone tell you it is unsafe or inappropriate. There is no militarized perimeter, and you would be greeted warmly and friendly. Everyone would be appreciative of you, as Farang's are seen as representing the Democratic traditions they come from. They think that "you get it". I am very sure these negative comments about the pro-democracy Red Shirts would be considerably altered.

Fertwert, you resent the media using the (undisputable) word fugitive in front of Thaksin's name...kind of like you always put (dubious) Pro-democracy in front of the reds? Talk about agenda.

Absolutely. I don't pretend not to have an agenda. I have an agenda - undisputable! I invite all those who have a tendency to dump on the pro-democracy Red Shirts to attend one of their events. Don't let anyone tell you it is unsafe or inappropriate. There is no militarized perimeter, and you would be greeted warmly and friendly. Everyone would be appreciative of you, as Farang's are seen as representing the Democratic traditions they come from. They think that "you get it". I am very sure these negative comments about the pro-democracy Red Shirts would be considerably altered.

Can I wear my yellow shirt and attend one of their events 'unscathered' ?? :)

...........edited.......

You might well ask yourself the question one of your Politicians asked during a re-election campaign - "are you better off now, than you were four years ago?" Ask a knowledgable Thai: "was he better off pre and post-Thaksin than he was during the Thaksin years".

And even it might has been so, how in the world pledging

"pro-democracy" in his name can be justified or legitimate?

That the current government can't be taken into responsibility

for the current turn down of the world economy, I understand

it only as a cloak, an agenda willingly taken up front to blame

the current government for something, it can't be blamed for!

Next is, assuming you are Buddhist, you should at least forget

what has been passed, it can't come back, nobody will be able

to bring the past back!

But watching the direction where the current government is stiring

the country is the citizen right if not their duty!

A fugitive is a fugitive, doing wrong and being sentenced for it,

fleeing the consequences, stirring up dissent and unrest, spreading

lies and fabricated stories is reflecting nothing good and certainly not

a statesman of great character and goodwill for the nation!

I understand his PR slogan "I give you democracy you can eat!"

surely and very well, it's but nothing then a luring promise!

Are there any figures of how many "poor" where there in 2001

and how many have been there in 2006?

Even rich countries like the US, Germany, the UK have "poor" people,

underachievers, the unfortunate and those who just don't care.

But looking onto ones plate and on ones income and judging the performance

of a government from here whilst the same time ready to condone highly

corrupt state servants, nepotism, election manipulation, manipulation

of the judicial system, the police, the army, placing people close to ones

self in key positions, harassing media, journalists, suing anyone who dare to

write or speak and publicize their agenda, for millions and millions to intimidate,

to scare any voice of criticism - is that the DEMOCRACY you would like to promote,

is it this kind of right and citizens freedom and liberty you trying to advocate here?

Ask yourself, you conscience, you dignity if this is right or wrong!

There is only one Right and one Wrong!

And this guy you are trying to promote and his wrongdoing to condone was certainly not

doing much Right according to law and order HE as th head of government should keep

up like a beacon signaling it all over the country but instead he gave the very wrong signal,

he should have known!

Edited by Samuian

Malaysian Immigration has been known to erase records for political expdiency. Thaksin is not exactly an honest man. Best evidence - get Thaksin to show Malaysian Immigration stamp in his passport.

C'mon! get real.

Do you think that he is just gonna show his passport and say "see"