Computer Mechanic

personchester

There were a couple of threads on this in the past. This is the only one i can find atm tho: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Laptop-pc-Repair-t231686.html

I agree with the Good Speed recommendation (if its the one in Computer Plaza im thinking of, which i think it is. They are on the 2nd floor, at the corner, across from the main carparking connecting bridge). Excellent service and prices.

I am looking for a competent desk top computer mechanic in C/Mai who can repair, service, and update, and in addition has the ability to provide general operational computer guidance.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks in anticipation.

I have a guy I've used for a few years and he's got me out of trouble many times. I know he also services some organisations and can do repairs both at your home or in his shop.

His name is Suchart 0895563931 Thai/Chinese speaks very good English.

I think they would much prefer to be called technicians.

I think you would prefer they be called technicians.

I don't think they really care at all :)

Well I am one and have worked with many, most don't like it.

A mechanic is a person (worker) skilled in using the right tools for making, operating, and repairing machinery, a computer is a machine, so the job description is right, why don't they like, could it be that eventually they would like to be called doctors and professors, or perhaps "Einstein'nicians"

A mechanic is a person (worker) skilled in using the right tools for making, operating, and repairing machinery, a computer is a machine, so the job description is right, why don't they like, could it be that eventually they would like to be called doctors and professors, or perhaps "Einstein'nicians"

I suppose it's similar to a hooker saying she has a boyfriend for the night as opposed to a customer. At the end of the day it's the same thing except one description sounds better to her ears.

I am looking for a competent desk top computer mechanic in C/Mai who can repair, service, and update, and in addition has the ability to provide general operational computer guidance.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Dsky Network in Icon building on the moat. Excellent service, very knowledgeable, home callout, very reasonable prices and courteous. Unfortunately they don't speak English very well but they seem to communicate around computer subjects OK, Tel 087 1915676.

regards Bojo

I had a problem with my HP computer and went to the company that sold it to me. Told me that I needed a new motherboard which would be very expensive to replace and it would take at least a week to repair. I had thought the power supply had failed and I took it to Genesis (Genesys?) computer in Chiangmailand. The concurred with me that the power supply had failed and repaired the computer in 2 hours for 1000 baht.