New Immigration Offices Set To Open In 2009

This is just a heads up as there is no further information available as of this writing. A very reliable source informed me this week that new Immigration Offices will be opened in Thailand before the end of the year. The only two that were confirmed were Udon Thani and Khon Kaen but I suspect that other offices will also be opened throughout Thailand in larger cities. In the past there were was a one day a week office in Udon but it closed a couple years ago.

Hopefully this will be good news for people who do not live close to a Immigration Office and need to report or have other business.

This is just a heads up as there is no further information available as of this writing. A very reliable source informed me this week that new Immigration Offices will be opened in Thailand before the end of the year. The only two that were confirmed were Udon Thani and Khon Kaen but I suspect that other offices will also be opened throughout Thailand in larger cities. In the past there were was a one day a week office in Udon but it closed a couple years ago.

Hopefully this will be good news for people who do not live close to a Immigration Office and need to report or have other business.

This is Great news. Hope it will happen soon.

But again, I think, Thai authorities have many good intentions and ideas, that never materialize.

Let's hope this time is the opposite of my up to now experienses.

In the past there were was a one day a week office in Udon but it closed a couple years ago.

{/quote]

In the past the Udon Office went from 1day a week to 2 days a week and 3 days a week;lots of customers,then they closed it indefinitely.(tit)

If they open again they'll have more customers now.Fingers crossed! :)

I would like that.

But, would it be reasonable in view of the possible number of customers?

I am under the impression that Udon would make a better chance, numberwise, as Khon Kaen.

However, I do know that there are officer(s) of Nong Khai living in Khon Kaen.

So, who knows.

One day per week would be nice for Khon Kaen

Only good news if they (Immg.) will allow people to go to their closest office rather than the current rule of "Assigned" offices based upon where you live.... For myself in Kalasin that ment an extra hours drive time to get to Nakhon Phanom rather than to Mukdahan....

Pianoman

In the past there were was a one day a week office in Udon but it closed a couple years ago.

{/quote]

In the past the Udon Office went from 1day a week to 2 days a week and 3 days a week;lots of customers,then they closed it indefinitely.(tit)

If they open again they'll have more customers now.Fingers crossed! :D

I was there a month or so before it closed, the wife was giggling away at a sign they'd posted so I asked why? She translated it said the office would close if they got too busy!! We spoke to K. Orachun and he confirmed this, me of course trying to hide my amazement. Here for the public good eh? :) I for one hope they open it again.

To my recollection, the Udon visa office at AEK Hospital was actually five days a week at one time. But I recall there was concern whether the Immigration Office could manage to staff both Nong Khai and Udon. Surely there's enough 'business' to warrant opening a permanent office in Udon. And wouldn't it be great if it was well organised, provided good facilities, lots of clear, accurate information, pleasant staff with reasonable English, a photocopier! - oh and a few Rajaphat crackers to drool over whilst we're waiting? :)

That would be good news if it does happen.

A 350Km round trip is a pain in the butt just to report.

Report what? if you are talking about 90 day report - mail it.

Not all offices accept reporting by mail. Unless things have changed Nong Khai does not unfortunately.

I would like that.

I am under the impression that Udon would make a better chance, numberwise, as Khon Kaen.

So, who knows.

Mister Hans.nl

Have you be only too aware of something that Khon Kaen is the biggest but one city in Thailand.

The most foreigner living not in town,but be of region of origin near the city of Khon Kaen.

The distance between Udon Thani and Nongkhai is only 50 kilometre with two immigrationoffice,

and Khon Kaen town with hims large province don't have a immigrationoffice.

Hans.nl you think that only one day per week would be nice for khon Kaen?

I can tell you that there living 95% of the foreigner in the province of Khon Kaen, and only 5% in

the city...maybe including you also!

What an idea...one day per week would be nice for Khon Kaen.

When I want visit in the future the immigrationpolice in Khon Kaen in the morning 10.00 am,

then it's my turn at 4.00 pm to serve.

I am a farmer of humble descent from the Netherlands,but I know that I see something clearly more...

Close the immigrationoffice in Nongkhai.,they still have a second immigrationpost by the border and

friendshipbridge! Reopen a new and large immigrationoffice in Udon Thani,and also one in Khon Kaen...

the both office service for 5 days a week.

Only then you can give a good service to many foreigner who living in the northeast of Thailand.

The headline reads "Khon Kaen and Udon Thani Offices confirmed". What am I missing? Although many of us in Khon Kaen hope and pray that this is correct, where is it confirmed?

The headline reads "Khon Kaen and Udon Thani Offices confirmed". What am I missing? Although many of us in Khon Kaen hope and pray that this is correct, where is it confirmed?

It was confirmed by my original source who does not wish to be named. At some time in the future there will be a public announcement made by Immigration, this writing is a "Heads Up" not a official statement.

Send your 90 day report by EMS together with a pre-paid EMS envelope to your address, keep a copy of everything. EMs can be tracked so if it arrives and is not actioned guess you have a good chance of arguing that the 90 report was submitted as required.

I saw another post not to long ago stating that Nong Khai accept 90 day reporting by mail, but it is at your own risk it it gets lost. They clearly don't like it.

Worked for me, send EMS.

Received back 5 days later.

I started my marriage extension in Mae Sot today (I go back in 4 weeks) and I asked the major there if there was going to be one in Nakhon Sawan and he told me probably next month but certainly b y the time I make my nextr renewal.

I live in Khampaeng Phet province 200 km from Mae Sot but only 125km from Nakhon Sawan.

I would like that.

So, who knows.

Mister Hans.nl

Have you be only too aware of something that Khon Kaen is the biggest but one city in Thailand.

The most foreigner living not in town,but be of region of origin near the city of Khon Kaen.

The distance between Udon Thani and Nongkhai is only 50 kilometre with two immigrationoffice,

and Khon Kaen town with hims large province don't have a immigrationoffice.

Hans.nl you think that only one day per week would be nice for khon Kaen?

I can tell you that there living 95% of the foreigner in the province of Khon Kaen, and only 5% in

the city...maybe including you also!

What an idea...one day per week would be nice for Khon Kaen.

When I want visit in the future the immigrationpolice in Khon Kaen in the morning 10.00 am,

then it's my turn at 4.00 pm to serve.

I am a farmer of humble descent from the Netherlands,but I know that I see something clearly more...

Close the immigrationoffice in Nongkhai.,they still have a second immigrationpost by the border and

friendshipbridge! Reopen a new and large immigrationoffice in Udon Thani,and also one in Khon Kaen...

the both office service for 5 days a week.

Only then you can give a good service to many foreigner who living in the northeast of Thailand.

Hello Boer Jan Koekoek

I do know about Khon Kaen, and maybe there are more foreigners living around Khon Kaen as in the town itself.

Like you, I would like very much an immigration ofiice in Khon Kaen, and if it might be possible to have opening times like 7 days a week, 24 hours a day I would be extremely content, however........

If the office in Khon Kaen would be a fully fledged office, like Nong Khai, and not a satellite office like Udon Thani some time ago, I presume the waiting times would be as in Nong Khai, and not as long as you quoted.

Last time I was in Nong Khai for my extension, everything was arranged in 20 minutes.

The drive up and down took 4-5 hours, so effectively I lost a day, or more if I also count preparing all the paperwork.

I presume the fully fledged Khon Kaen office could realise the same handling times as Nong Khai does now.

I would be very happy, instead of going to Nong Khai, if the immigration office in Khon Kaen would be open for only one day a week.

Anything better as going to Nong Khai.

But please, open up an office in Khon Kaen, preferably open 24/7

The immigration office in Nong Khai, for your information, is not only there for our visa business.

It is also the "headquarters" for all the other things the immigration does in NK, and a base for people working at the checkpoint.

The border checkpoint is just what it is, a border checkpoint.

So forget the closing of the Nong Khai main office.

I saw another post not to long ago stating that Nong Khai accept 90 day reporting by mail, but it is at your own risk it it gets lost. They clearly don't like it.

Worked for me, send EMS.

Received back 5 days later.

Worked for me also.

BTW, they now have a desk dedicated to 90 day reporting which makes things happen much quicker for those who still do it in person. AND it is not manned by Mr Happy, he usually worked the AEK desk in Udon on the couple of days a week it was open which made the NK the place to carry out immigration business on those days. Looking forward to a reopening in Udon and not having to put up with his sour face and demeanor.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Nong Khai Immigration office this morning with a friend of mine. He asked the senior officer in the front office when the new office in Khon Kaen would be up and running and she said "Soon". That is as far as she would commit.

Let's hope that it will happen.

I was at Nong Khai Immigration office this morning with a friend of mine. He asked the senior officer in the front office when the new office in Khon Kaen would be up and running and she said "Soon". That is as far as she would commit.

Let's hope that it will happen.

So it is definitely on the cards - that is good news

The office in Chiang Khan has said flat out, no 90 day reporting by mail. Ok, they're very nice in there, and I have yet to see any other 'customers' in there when I've gone, so 10 minutes and done. But it's a 5 hour return trip. I'm planning to move to KK at the end of the year, and would be really happy to have an Immigration office there.