For The Diesel Experts

basjke

Show them the item on the bill and ask to see where they used it! Point to each item and have them show you, plus ask to see old items that were changed.

I always do a walk through with my bill. And since have'n problems here a one dealership. I went for an oil change and got a 7000bht bill. They changed all oils in my vehical at 10,000kms. I ask for just an engine oil change, plain clear Thai language.

I now stay with my vehical and watch what is done.

No different from the west, they will try to nickel and dime everythnig extra they can.

Nice to see how they did extra work for yah that you didn't ask for, and was above your quote!

I believe it should have just been a SCV change and maybe a new filter. But you got the full walk around.

I'm glad I finally found a Nissan dealer that doesn't try to pull the fix it with duct tape and double price for Ladies and farangs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you find out if the SCV valve is defect?I know it was changed as the old one was in the car but I'm getting black smoke when accelerating heavy.

Chevy connects computer to OBD, and they can read any malfunctioning valve or sensor in commonrail.

Thanks Katabeachbum but are there no visual symptoms or manual detection procedure from which you can find out the valve is faulty.

• 7 months later...

This is an old post, but hoping on a reply.

I have rough idling when the enigine is cold, so at the regular maintenance I had it checked by Isuzu with their intruments.

The mechanic told me that some of the pressures were not normal and I needed to replace the SCV valve.

I drive very fuel efficient and have no other problems, so I didn't let them change it .

They didn't have the time anyway , BECAUSE THE CPU NEEDS AN UPDATE!!

Otherwise the car would comsume a lot more.

NOW THIS : in 2 posts on this subject on TV, there is no mention about updating the cpu,

just replacing the valve. Some can do it themselves in half an hour.

But of course Isuzu does it in 2 hours , because I have to pay labourcosts... and no the valve.

But the question remains : why has nobody mentioned the cpu update?

Isuzu Chonburi has always been straight with me before. But about this I wonder...

Please reply...

each ecu verison has updates nearly every year,

most the updates relate to smoothness of idiling or driving

but it also drops the power and timing as well.

the best way to go, is ask for them to unlock the ecu learning program.

each ecu verison has updates nearly every year,

most the updates relate to smoothness of idiling or driving

but it also drops the power and timing as well.

the best way to go, is ask for them to unlock the ecu learning program.

Thanks for replying,

What do you mean with:it also drops the power and timing as well?

They are going to lower the power?

Isuzu said specificly that with the valve replacement there must be an update.

I don't like updates. The car is fine like it is, why change?

I don't update windows XP either , and I have no problems....

Can not replacing the valve hurt the enigine?

I have been running diesel engines for over 30 years. First and foremost - run a good quality fuel filter/water separator. Racor is the industry standard. If running low sulpher diesel - in North America this means everywhere but off-road equipment - some supplemental lubrication helps, and as stated two-stroke oil works well. Water in fuel will kill injectors and rust/corrode components. As the old Cat fuel tank caps said 'Buy Clean Fuel - Keep It Clean'

I have been running diesel engines for over 30 years. First and foremost - run a good quality fuel filter/water separator. Racor is the industry standard. If running low sulpher diesel - in North America this means everywhere but off-road equipment - some supplemental lubrication helps, and as stated two-stroke oil works well. Water in fuel will kill injectors and rust/corrode components. As the old Cat fuel tank caps said 'Buy Clean Fuel - Keep It Clean'

clean is good, but the major problem here is plantoil blended diesel called B5. most injectionsystems o-rings and valves older than 3-5 years develop problems running B5