Danish Embassy Warns Against King Power Dutyfree

martin81

668 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, it is always best to walk straight through any airports without stopping at the shops because the prices are not that much of a bargain. It is never a good thing to risk trouble so more people will not be shopping inside Swampy, and I feel sorry for the honest people that work there that need a job because not all people are corrupt. Cheers.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I know who travels to Thailand monthly was totally unaware of the Airport scam when I told him about it.

So there will be many travelers totally unaware.

He said it will be eyes down and straight to the gate from now on.

Hello, it is always best to walk straight through any airports without stopping at the shops because the prices are not that much of a bargain. It is never a good thing to risk trouble so more people will not be shopping inside Swampy, and I feel sorry for the honest people that work there that need a job because not all people are corrupt. Cheers.

The same the world over. A few spoil it for the majority.

We can't fight it. The thais won't fight it.

I love this country and the majority of Thais

“Since their return to the UK, Deputy Foreign Office Minister Chris Bryant and embassy officials have raised the case of Mr Ingram and Ms Lin with the Thai police, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Airport Director. We have also changed our travel advice to warn other travellers of potential difficulties at the airport”

This from a UK government source.

So it is not just the Danes using some tough talk.

Recipe for Real English Government Scam(serves 1)

Ingredients

Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, David Milliband.............

Income Tax 28%, TV License £ 139.50, Tobacco duty 24% Retail Price, Road Tax Toyota Land cruiser £435.00, Council Tax £840.42 p.a (2008/09) BAND E, 50pence per litre fuel tax.

Method

Mix ingredients well and simmer on the back burner, until the government sauce thickens.

Stir occasionally with a spin stick.

Serve sparingly over the next year.

Warning....May cause a lump in the throat and a pain in the backside.

:) Love Thailand

Recipe for Real English Government Scam(serves 1)

Ingredients

Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, David Milliband.............

Income Tax 28%, TV License £ 139.50, Tobacco duty 24% Retail Price, Road Tax Toyota Land cruiser £435.00, Council Tax £840.42 p.a (2008/09) BAND E, 50pence per litre fuel tax.

Method

Mix ingredients well and simmer on the back burner, until the government sauce thickens.

Stir occasionally with a spin stick.

Serve sparingly over the next year.

Warning....May cause a lump in the throat and a pain in the backside.

:) Love Thailand

I agree but your post is a long way from the Danish reaction, Kingpower, and other points raised relevant to the topic.

( tele licence is now 149.50 - up a tenner. :D:D )