How Many Tattoos Do You Have?

rideswings

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have chest, full back, legs, both feet, upper and lower arms plus both sides of my head tattooed. I grew my hair back to cover the ones on my head as I am supervisor of AUT inspection teams and a tattooed head doesnt look very professional. Dont hide any others and the company I work for doesnt mind about them (Dutch company, so pretty relaxed about stuff like that...they dont even sack you the first time you fail a drugs test and get kicked off a job....they do sack you if you do it twice though).

GF has large pair of wings tattooed on her upper back...she is a singer in a rock band here for a living, so it doesnt cause probs for work.

I have 2 tattoos, and my old gf got one of a butterfly in BKK because she was so captivated by my tattoos. So how many tattoos do you have and does your Thai GF or wife have any?

Most of my farang friends in Thailand have at least one, but many of them have 4 or more.

:)

Zero and Zero. As far as I know no one in my Thai family has a tattoo. Wrong generation I guess. Frankly tattos turn me off.

I was at a local beach last week and an otherise very nice looking girl had had a tattoo on her thigh. An absolute turn-off on an otherwise good-looking girl.

Just my humble opinion.

:D

I just have "This is not a baseball bat" tattooed on my penis. I only display it on special occasions.

We have similar tastes. Mine says "If you can read this sentence you are a REALLY good friend"

:):D:D

Middle-aged women (farang) with tats on their lower back.

Aka tramp stamp, slag tag, reading material.

As to the OP, the answer is no and no. I have enough visible scars from life experiences. I don't feel the need to pay someone to give me another one. As for my girl, she has said to me many times "Me lady Thai. Me no lady Pattaya." Goes for her behavior as well as opinions on tats.

Some tats are cool to look at. Some are just plain wacky and out of place. My personal favorite is one from the 2008 World Series of Poker $10k main event, where some guy showed off a WSOP 2008 with four aces tattoo, and then busted out of the tournament in the first hour. Try telling that story for the rest of your life! :)

No Tattoos on me

Tats have never really bothered me in the past and some can be very artistic and smart but lately they have become very popular in the UK and for some reason they do now start to bother me a bit, I personally think a few have gone completely over the top and are starting to look a mess its not just 1 or 2 but the whole parts of the body completely covered and they dont look that good.

As to the OP, the answer is no and no. I have enough visible scars from life experiences. I don't feel the need to pay someone to give me another one. As for my girl, she has said to me many times "Me lady Thai. Me no lady Pattaya." Goes for her behavior as well as opinions on tats.

Some tats are cool to look at. Some are just plain wacky and out of place. My personal favorite is one from the 2008 World Series of Poker $10k main event, where some guy showed off a WSOP 2008 with four aces tattoo, and then busted out of the tournament in the first hour. Try telling that story for the rest of your life! :D

:) Pattaya ladies are not Thai? :D where are they from?

Some tats are cool to look at. Some are just plain wacky and out of place. My personal favorite is one from the 2008 World Series of Poker $10k main event, where some guy showed off a WSOP 2008 with four aces tattoo, and then busted out of the tournament in the first hour. Try telling that story for the rest of your life! :D

:) Pattaya ladies are not Thai? :D where are they from?

"Not exactly a soup question, now is it?"

- Jamal, Finding Forrester, 2000

Four all on my right arm ,3 are there to remind me who I am married to & who i have fathered & when we married & when they where born :D Chop of my right arm i'd be <deleted>. :)

The other tatt' is an English rose ,gay really & I want it zapped.

Missus has zero tatt's.

I thought I might get one if I ever saw one that made someone look better, or at least cool.

Hasn't happened yet, but I think some tats are clever.

I don't have any piercings either. They always seem like a sign of a personality disorder, but at least they can be temporary.

I just have "This is not a baseball bat" tattooed on my penis. I only display it on special occasions.

What a coincidence, I got the same one in the tiniest font they had .........

I am also thinking of getting "tattoos are for pussies" tattood on my arm ...

..they dont even sack you the first time you fail a drugs test and get kicked off a job

The Dutch company you work for might not (and I do know which one it is..BTW)

But the client will definitely kick you off the job, and you will be banned from working for that client again, certainly the company I work for... :)

Well i hate mine and have had some lazer removed, had the first one at 14, last one at 21, ( now 57 ) ,knives and snakes and other rubbish !,. however some of the new colors/choices are very nice and if can be covered by normal dress ( ie not a full face tattoo ) i find them quite tasteful as on my buddy here ( excuse the cleavage ) :)

post-62885-1248492332_thumb.jpg

The Dutch company you work for might not (and I do know which one it is..BTW)

But the client will definitely kick you off the job, and you will be banned from working for that client again, certainly the company I work for... :)

Very true...I dont take the risk anyway. Not worth it.

No tattoos and no (in)significant thai other as well.. Guess that makes me 0 for 0..

What makes me shake my head in amazement is; seeing foreigners with their name tattooed in thai script on their arm. The only use I see in it is; if your arm was severed and the people around you could actually read thai script it could be marginally helpful. Then again how many people are going to have severed limbs at the same time? In my experience; matching an errant limb to an equally limbless person can be done without "a snazzy thai script name tag".

I have no problem with thai people wearing the Khmer tattoo which looks to the uninitiated like a 'candelabra' written in Khmer script as it's a belief thing. Unfortunately to me, the same thing looks stupid on wanna-b-thai foreigners.

Have 4 and still love them, as does my bf (who doesnt have any, but likes them and often toys with the idea. Up to him either way).

I paid a high price to go to skilled artists and one was done by hand by a traditional artist. Those who judge women who have a few (imo tasteful and discreet) tattoos just help to filter out the people i probably wouldnt wish to know anyway. I never dress like a tramp and i certainly dont act like one. Yes, i also had the lower back, so-called "tramp stamp" one done. I had never thought of it in terms of some kind of advertising or giving a man something to look at, and hadnt even heard of the term "tramp stamp" until quite recently. I did it because I wanted to decorate my body with a design that meant something to me and i like the shape of my lower back. A mans perspective didnt enter into my mind. :)

If i ever decide that they are no longer right for me, i will have a laser treatment done to fade/remove them. After many years, still have no regrets in having them done.

Edited by eek

I have eyebrows and Lip liner tattooed. I love the Lip Liner in dark red, but the only downside was that I could not kiss for a week after :)

Lizzard (designed myself) on my shoulder, a nice pattern on my waistline at the back, and a small flower on my ancle.

I like them and am happy with them, but won't be getting anymore, it hurts lol...... ouch !!!

I have one,G/F has two,she has one on her shoulder that looks like claw marks as if she's been clawed by a tiger but when you look closely the scratches are made up of tiny Thai writing, when I asked her what it said she said it's buddist script.

Frat tattoo and longhorn in Texas colors for about 15 years. Since removed at Yanhee Hospital. Not terribly painful either, pleasant doctor, pleasant nurses. No tattoos on wife, but a few here and there on other gals I know but would never marry.

:)

a small flower on my ancle.

He must be in touch with his feminine side! How did your aunt feel about it? :D

'pattaya_girl'....I believe is not a he, but a she....so I would hope she is in touch with her feminine side... :)

'pattaya_girl'....I believe is not a he, but a she....so I would hope she is in touch with her feminine side... :)

Yes I am a 'she'.

And I love tattoo's on men, I think they look very sexy and masculine within reason. I don't like the home done ones with 'cut here' on the neck, and Love & Hate on the fingers, I mean the ones like Robbie Williams has on his shoulder.. yummy !!!!!!! :D

Yes I am a 'she'.

Do tattoos have an affect on humour? :D

I have one,G/F has two,she has one on her shoulder that looks like claw marks as if she's been clawed by a tiger but when you look closely the scratches are made up of tiny Thai writing, when I asked her what it said she said it's buddist script.

Your gfs tattoo sounds like its a Buddhist Pali incantation. Jolie had one like that done here.

AngieFar.jpg

Yes I am a 'she'.

And I love tattoo's on men, I think they look very sexy and masculine within reason. I don't like the home done ones with 'cut here' on the neck, and Love & Hate on the fingers, I mean the ones like Robbie Williams has on his shoulder.. yummy !!!!!!! :D

1229322998.jpg:)

I was thinking of having another tattoo done in Thailand when I come back for a holiday in December, I wanted my name on the base of my back in Thai script, would this be offensive to ask a Thai to do with me being British? Also could I rely that they would do my name in Thai and not some other word?

I have 2 tattoos, and my old gf got one of a butterfly in BKK because she was so captivated by my tattoos. So how many tattoos do you have and does your Thai GF or wife have any?

Most of my farang friends in Thailand have at least one, but many of them have 4 or more.

I have a few - Marquesan, Sumatran, and Maori. I'd give a wide-birth towards a Thai girl with a tatto or two........since I don't go out of my way to seek the proverbial Farang fix as regards to interaction, I'll pass.