Best Pizza

Cnxman

Hi

Is the Mad Dog still the best Pizza in Chiangmai, how many Mike Burgers are there now in Chiangmai............just curious

:)

That should wake 'em up!!

wake who up Mikes?? or Mad Dog??

No, all the Burger and Pizza fans. And those that hate Burger/Pizza/Food posts.

Hi

Is the Mad Dog still the best Pizza in Chiangmai, how many Mike Burgers are there now in Chiangmai............just curious

:)

That should wake 'em up!!

wake who up Mikes?? or Mad Dog??

No, all the Burger and Pizza fans. And those that hate Burger/Pizza/Food posts.

sorry ive been out of touch for a while thats why the post and the questions, didn't realise it was wrong :D

i like the fact that you posted two of the most important questions for the Chiang Mai forum in your thread. Normally a thread like this is either on pizza's or on burgers. Not both together. Nevertheless I'll give my vote for best pizzas for Mad Dogs and Duke's.

Don't know how many Mike's burger joints are there though. Not a fan of their burgers. Woody's is good and so is the new place opened by Mike/Bob near the Old Escape place (forgot what the name of the restaurant is).

sorry ive been out of touch for a while thats why the post and the questions, didn't realise it was wrong :)

It's not wrong, as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy it. It's normally quite entertaining.

Espescially, the 'why do I have to read these posts again and again' brigade. As if, somehow, they're compelled to read them.

Bob owns Spanky's near the Las Vegas Club and old Escape. Best roast beef sandwiches around.

Rumor is that Mike is going to open a health food emporium when he returns from the U.S. :)

He has seen the error of his ways? From Burgers to Lentils!! Praise the lord.

I remember a great scouser, by the name of Alexie Sayle, talking about a new book (maybe you have a copy?) ...

'101 things to do with Lentils (102 if you eat the f#@%ing things)'

I like the Pizzas at Guitarman - don't eat meat, but the burgers looked good (from a purely visual view) - big, thick slabs of dead animal and all the other usual gooey bits that end up on the eater's shirt.

Alexie Sayle: Who can forget that classic "Hello Jon got a new motor?" - with lines such as "I keep topical fish...in my underpants" :)

Edited by wolf5370

I like the Pizzas at Guitarman - don't eat meat, but the burgers looked good (from a purely visual view) - big, thick slabs of dead animal and all the other usual gooey bits that end up on the eater's shirt.

Alexei Sayle: Who can forget that classic "Hello Jon got a new motor?" - with lines such as "I keep topical fish...in my underpants" :)

I forgot about that. Just found it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMTCfjnP6Y

Not forgetting 'Didn't you kill my brother?'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXlBeziPJ4&feature=related

and Reggie Balowski on The Young ones

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbR_m_vW8s&feature=related

Edited by muggins

Alexei Sayle: Who can forget that classic "Hello Jon got a new motor?" - with lines such as "I keep topical fish...in my underpants" :D

I forgot about that. Just found it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMTCfjnP6Y

Not forgetting 'Didn't you kill my brother?'

thanks for the tips, i shall tantalize my taste buds :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXlBeziPJ4&feature=related

and Reggie Balowski on The Young ones

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbR_m_vW8s&feature=related

Girasole opposite Tamarind Village ... and Rustica on Nimmanheiman, Soi 6

First time at Girasole, good flavor crust, yeasty, and just the right amount of salt in the dough to bring out the flavour.

Thais tend to use not enough salt when they make Western bread products, but Girasole's dough was just right.

However, on the toppings, everything sliced paper thin so when you take a bite, there's not much there.

You can see the toppings, but there wasn't much to taste.

Second time at Girasole the crust was not cooked enough.

To be fair, under-cooking, especially bread items, is a common fault when Thais try to make Western foods.

However, under-cooked crust is not a plus at a restaurant that specializes in pizza.

If I was in the neighborhood, and hungry for a pizza, then, yes, I'd eat at Girasole again, but would be sure to specify baked thoroughly.

Rustica on Nimman 6 is ordinary -- not bad, just ordinary.

If you happen to be nearby, it's sufficient to satisfy a pizza craving, but certainly not in the running for "Best Pizza".

The crust was unremarkable.

Didn't have "hand made" taste or texture.

I suspect it is a commercial, "food service" dough, but I have no facts about that, just a guess.

My personal test of quality pizza toppings is the pepperoni.

If the pepperoni is meaty and juicy, with intense flavour, then I look at the other toppings.

At Rustica, the pepperoni was bland and dry -- more like slices of hot dog with pepperoni flavouring.

To be fair, my sample at Rustica was just after they opened, roughly five months ago.

Additional research is in order to see if they've improved since then.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman