Thaksin Sorry For Hogging Limelight

webfact

Thaksin sorry for hogging limelight

Ex-leader Thaksin Shinawatra apologised to Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva Saturday if media coverage of upcoming birthday celebrations by his supporters had stolen the limelight from the government.

"I did not expect so much love and faith. Many people have taken activities involving my birthday to their hearts," Thaksin was quoted as telling one of his close aides. Thaksin also thanked his supporters for their devotion to making it a big event.

He said an international magazine would interview him about politics and record his birthday celebrations for a scoop about his life in exile.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/25

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No wonder these guys can't get elected, they can't even outwit him when he's stuck in Liberia in exile!

:)

And let there be no doubt, that these birthday celebrations have taken on huge proportions. Not just in some major centers, but throughout the country, including the South. The agenized media will diminish it at every turn. I can see it already, "10 Red Shirt's attended a temple celebration in Palooka village for FUGITIVE Thaksin" and many Farangs will lap it up. Can you imagine if these celebration were for their favored political entities, how they would be trumpetted. Certainly puts that juvenile contention of Abhisit's militia protected, alleged popularity increase in Buri Ram in perspective. And then there is that petition. I have heard about concerted efforts to discredit it, because discredit it they must. Never mind the embarrassing million plus signatories. In addition to a media black-out, I understand that some shadowy big-name unelected types have been begun a study committee at Chulalongkorn University about this petition's legitimacy. They will then make a solemn declaration which can be used by others as a face-saving tool to dispel it. This is another source of embarrassment. All the musicians on this board must get a feeling for how the band on the Titanic felt.

Edited by Ferwert

No wonder these guys can't get elected, they can't even outwit him when he's stuck in Liberia in exile!

And let there be no doubt, that these birthday celebrations have taken on huge proportions. Not just in some major centers, but throughout the country, including the South. The agenized media will diminish it at every turn. I can see it already, "10 Red Shirt's attended a temple celebration in Palooka village for FUGITIVE Thaksin" and many Farangs will lap it up. Can you imagine if these celebration were for their favored political entities, how they would be trumpetted. Certainly puts that juvenile contention of Abhisit's militia protected, alleged popularity increase in Buri Ram in perspective. And then there is that petition. I have heard about concerted efforts to discredit it, because discredit it they must. Never mind the embarrassing million plus signatories. In addition to a media black-out, I understand that some shadowy big-name unelected types have been begun a study committee at Chulalongkorn University about this petition's legitimacy. They will then make a solemn declaration which can be used by others as a face-saving tool to dispel it. This is another source of embarrassment. All the musicians on this board must get a feeling for how the band on the Titanic felt.

good post and you are right.

Ex-leader Thaksin Shinawatra apologised to Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva Saturday if media coverage of upcoming birthday celebrations by his supporters had stolen the limelight from the government.

Hey everyone! Look at me! Over here! Hey, look at me, everyone! I'm still here! Pay attention to meeeeee!

Hey everyone! Look at me! Over here! Hey, look at me, everyone! I'm still here! Pay attention to meeeeee!

Yeah, you are right. And to the chagrin of the anti-democratic forces, everyone is looking. Birthday remembrances all over the country, million-plus signatory petition. To the coup-plotters and other anti-electoral forces, these gathering clouds must be very disconcerting. But they must be encouraged by the support of all the musicians on this board.

Doesn't it remind you of your days in kindergarten aged about 3 , pick me me me me me me me me me me me please pick me me me, sob sob, mummy mummy no one likes me, I don't want to go to school tomorrow :)

Doesn't it remind you of your days in kindergarten aged about 3 , pick me me me me me me me me me me me please pick me me me, sob sob, mummy mummy no one likes me, I don't want to go to school tomorrow :)

You are absolutely correct Artisi, that is the problem of all the anti-democratic forces, Abhist and friends and the musicians on this board. If there is ever another election, this is exactly what would happen. Thaksin would be "picked" by the astute Thai electorate.

You are absolutely correct Artisi, that is the problem of all the anti-democratic forces, Abhist and friends and the musicians on this board. If there is ever another election, this is exactly what would happen. Thaksin would be "picked" by the astute Thai electorate.

The only problem being that Thasksin will never be in the position to be picked - and thank your lucky stars for that.

The only problem being that Thasksin will never be in the position to be picked - and thank your lucky stars for that.

Again, you are absolutely correct Artisi. Electoral Democracy will be eliminated and as many on this board have speculated, there will never be another election preventing the astute Thai electorate from exercising their Democratic rights. The appointive process will ensure that the perp's of the military coup and judicial coup as the pro-democracy Red Shirts have characterized it, will appoint their own kind. And all the Democracy loving musicians on this board will applaud....unbelievable!

Thaksin should not apologise to people who stole his position

Sometimes you need to play the game njpski. You are absolutely correct. The pro-democracy Red Shirts dont call it a judicial coup by accident. But that was yesterday, and playing the game today, in-spite of the referee's tilting the field against you, must be done. Thaksin takes huge comfort from the astute Thai electorate who have not been fooled by the referees and the anti-democratic rules that have been stacked against them. Using what the powerful anti-democratic forces gives you, even birthday celebrations are an indirect way to demonstrate that democratic electoral strength remains strong and viable. The petition is another one of those indirect messages. The Thai electorate continues to impress me, while the musicians on this board coming from strong Democratic traditions are a source of embarrasment.

post-5463-1248569601.jpg

Doesn't it remind you of your days in kindergarten aged about 3 , pick me me me me me me me me me me me please pick me me me, sob sob, mummy mummy no one likes me, I don't want to go to school tomorrow :D

post-5463-1248569676_thumb.jpg

"I did not expect so much love and faith. Many people have taken activities involving my birthday to their hearts," Thaksin was quoted as telling one of his close aides. Thaksin also thanked his supporters for their devotion to making it a big event.

He said an international magazine would interview him about politics and record his birthday celebrations for a scoop about his life in exile.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/25

Inferiority complex

thats the term for such kind of "apologize"

Whenever Thaksin's activities are reported or his statements read out the press come out with stuff like "outwitting the government" etc.

Sadly this says more about his opponents similarity to a bovine genus animal that works on a farm and whose name rhymes with "snow" than his supposed shrewdness.

I can imagine whenever stuff about Thaksin appears his enemies slap their heads and give a Homer Simpson-esque "DOH!"

Edited by mca

Sometimes you need to play the game njpski. You are absolutely correct. The pro-democracy Red Shirts dont call it a judicial coup by accident. But that was yesterday, and playing the game today, in-spite of the referee's tilting the field against you, must be done. Thaksin takes huge comfort from the astute Thai electorate who have not been fooled by the referees and the anti-democratic rules that have been stacked against them. Using what the powerful anti-democratic forces gives you, even birthday celebrations are an indirect way to demonstrate that democratic electoral strength remains strong and viable. The petition is another one of those indirect messages. The Thai electorate continues to impress me, while the musicians on this board coming from strong Democratic traditions are a source of embarrasment.

So you might be suggesting that there is a difference from any of these scallywags? If so, how...??

I am unexperienced when it comes to politics. Please mention the thief's! :)

To answer your sincere and puzzled query, The pro-democracy Red Shirts call it a judicial coup, which was a follow-up to the military coup. If you have any more honest questions I would be happy to assist you. I appreciate your curiosity and sincere attempts to educate yourself. Good on you!

Edited by Ferwert

Thaksin, a real class act.

He cares enough to apologize.

He always tells us EVERY TIME when he is "quitting politics for good" which is now more times than Tricky Dick Nixon said "let me make this perfectly clear" and more times than a Pattaya bar girl reports a sickness of the buffalo kind.

Anyone who really believes that most of his followers are truly motivated by "pro democracy" sentiments are as psychologically challenged as their later day Thai EL DUCE wannabe. Thankfully, the majority of Thais now see this naked emperor for what he is.

Edited by Jingthing

Your agenda is more blatant and obvious than anything the media adheres to.

Parties:

100 people in Chaing mai,

10 people in Yala on Malaysia border

600 in Bangkok

17 in Ubon and Udon and

3 in Patayya

and 5 in Mae sae

can be considered all across the country.

Doesn't mean much actually.

now if 35 million souls all got tgether for Thaksin's Bday that might impress someone.

Ain't happening.

Yes, they have embarrassed themselves collecting those signatures.

it is clearly against the way things are done, and will mean nothing,

but that a small percentage of the country wants him let off.

And easily 10 times as large a percentage of the country

wants absolutely nothing to do with it also. Oh that's so embarrassing.

Ah yes 'shadowy un-elected' professors of political science studying the illegality of this petition.

such a hidden threat to Thailand. Professors who were not elected...

Well not unless they are tenured, in which case a board voted on their tenure.

Dale Blue et al,

these attempts to obscure reality with hyperbolish propaganda is not adequately earning the paycheck.

Sadly your propaganda has never been played in tune with reality.

Whilst these heartfelt apologies are taking place, I would like to apologise to all thai visa members for all those n a s t y comments I have made on the forum. I am sincerely sorry :) ..............

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v